Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I wonder if they are going to move prior tier upgrades to justice points each time they release a new tier, the way they change the valor gear to JP gear.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    It's interesting that one of the more recent blue posts agreed that their gear system, specifically regarding reforging, was too complicated. And, really, it is. The whole shim, sham and kabobble.

1- Get a better piece of gear.
    2- Gem it.
    3- Enchant it.
    4- Reforge it based on calculations that involve, what is it-11?, other pieces of gear.
    5- Calculate which piece of gear is better to upgrade with your points.

That's quite a bit of work for one piece of gear, but, personally speaking, I find it enjoyable. But then again, I'm a sick, sick person.
    And now factor in Gear Upgrades that skew your calculation on stats (getting that perfect hit/expertise cap), and you have to re-gem and re-forge everything.

Not that I dislike the Upgrade system, I really like it. I just don't like how it's a chore to cap Valor Points and having to dump them on a non-optimal piece of gear if you reach the cap. I really don't know what was wrong with VPs not having a total cap...
    Educate the community: X-Perl is dead. Stop using it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    It's interesting that one of the more recent blue posts agreed that their gear system, specifically regarding reforging, was too complicated. And, really, it is. The whole shim, sham and kabobble.

1- Get a better piece of gear.
    2- Gem it.
    3- Enchant it.
    4- Reforge it based on calculations that involve, what is it-11?, other pieces of gear.
    5- Calculate which piece of gear is better to upgrade with your points.

That's quite a bit of work for one piece of gear, but, personally speaking, I find it enjoyable. But then again, I'm a sick, sick person.
    Points 1-3 have always been like that (except for way back in Vanilla when gems didn't exist).
    4- Going to askmrrobot or using reforgelite is some really hard calculations...
    5- Do you really have to calculate that? Weapons > anything that gives you high base stats (chest, legs, ...) with good secondary stats > high base stats with less optimal sec stats > medium base stats > low base stats. That's pretty much everything you have to "calculate" there, for most specs (fair enough, it isn't that easy sometimes, but you get my point).

So (at least imo) the gearing isn't all that complicated. Reforging just feels like an extremely weird process. They should simply change what the blue on the main page already hinted, remove/change the reforge mechanics for hit/expertise.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We think reforging feels fine for everything except hit and expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Znuff View Post
    And now factor in Gear Upgrades that skew your calculation on stats (getting that perfect hit/expertise cap), and you have to re-gem and re-forge everything.
    Again, going to askmrrobot or simply downloading reforgelite isn't that hard. Also, I've never ever changed my gems for some reforge calculations.

Think of upgrading as getting a slightly better piece of gear. You would have to play around with your reforges too.
    Last edited by mmoc7168d263de; 2012-12-28 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    God i love playing around with reforges so upgrading a piece and getting new reforge, gems and enchants makes it so much better for me. means i have more stuff to do.

still sad that armory does not show the upgrade lvl of the item.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I like the upgrade system! gief moar ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Well I read somewhere that now that we can upgrade our items, nerfs are not needed for raids, as they will get easier as people upgrade their gear.
    Personally I don't dislike this feature.
    I hugely dislike this feature from a PvP perspective. It was already difficult reroll mid season, now it's just impossible. Grinding out 2 honor sets (1 to buy, almost a full set to upgrade everything) is also the biggest pain due to the bot infestation.

I also hate ilvl inflation, which this only makes worse. Probably the worst thing they've implemented since Flying mounts imo.

Well I read somewhere that now that we can upgrade our items, nerfs are not needed for raids, as they will get easier as people upgrade their gear.
    Exactly why i love this feature. I hope they'll keep it, and won't change anything about it.

Deleted
    I like the upgrade system tbh.
    It is like someone said already, it limits the amount bosses will need to be nerfed as people can upgrade all gear at one point or another.. Obviously also it's something to spend VPs on. I have very little to use them on at the moment (aside from upgrading), and if the system had not been implemented, I'd just be farming them for the 6000 Valor Point quest in the Legendary line, when that would be finished they'd be doing very little.