Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    The worst part is I started calling this as soon as Blizzard started talking about how they had badass things in store for her. I had BC flashbacks to Illidan and Kael. But no, no, the faction heroes had to constantly whine and bitch about there being a character with enough operating brain cells to realize that the faction war is just doing the Legion's job for them. Hell, I hope beyond all reason that the next expansion cinematic is the Legion ripping both factions a new one until the new leveling content starts with the factions reduced to their capitals, roughly 1/5 of their end-of-MoP forces, and the racial leaders, and that the starting storyline is a fight for survival.

If Blizz is really trying to push the idea that war is the enemy this expansion, we need to see an all-out war between Red and Blue have very real, very dire consequences for the next story arc. Faction cooperation should be forced if the powers that be can't scrape together enough smarts to make the logical decision to focus on things that want to reduce Azeroth to a smoldering husk, and the questing content could see the Alliance and Horde join up with the Sha'tar. PvP can be easily justified as war games to keep the troops sharp and extremist holdouts on both sides who refuse to bury the hatchet (justifiably so, after MoP, but at a horrible time what with their reduced forces and the full-scale Legion attack).
    We already know that the expansion ends with both sides uniting to bring down Garrosh. We can't say for sure but that sounds a lot like them putting aside their differences to deal with a real threat. It's not that 'war' is the enemy, it's that 'Garrosh' is the enemy. He won't listen to reason and the Alliance has to fight the Horde or be wiped out by it. It's not really a two sided story morality wise, though the purge of dalaran adds some moral gray to alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    The worst part is I started calling this as soon as Blizzard started talking about how they had badass things in store for her. I had BC flashbacks to Illidan and Kael. But no, no, the faction heroes had to constantly whine and bitch about there being a character with enough operating brain cells to realize that the faction war is just doing the Legion's job for them. Hell, I hope beyond all reason that the next expansion cinematic is the Legion ripping both factions a new one until the new leveling content starts with the factions reduced to their capitals, roughly 1/5 of their end-of-MoP forces, and the racial leaders, and that the starting storyline is a fight for survival.

If Blizz is really trying to push the idea that war is the enemy this expansion, we need to see an all-out war between Red and Blue have very real, very dire consequences for the next story arc. Faction cooperation should be forced if the powers that be can't scrape together enough smarts to make the logical decision to focus on things that want to reduce Azeroth to a smoldering husk, and the questing content could see the Alliance and Horde join up with the Sha'tar. PvP can be easily justified as war games to keep the troops sharp and extremist holdouts on both sides who refuse to bury the hatchet (justifiably so, after MoP, but at a horrible time what with their reduced forces and the full-scale Legion attack).
    The biggest problem I have with this current story is, as its been said, metzen said to us that the theme of mists would be the war between H&A and the war being the bad element in this story, and YET when we look at how things have progressed, all I've seen is the alliance being made into victims getting back at the horde for what apparently they felt was being ignored in cata, and the horde being demonized to make whatever the alliance does justified, even if Jaina whos character has been ruined in my pov, apparently thats okay because she gets to have revenge against the horde.

This is no longer a story about how war is bad, both sides are doing bad things and the pandaren are the victims in the middle, this is a one sided issue of them almost trying to make the story into the old warcraft days of good humans vs bad orcs, and ruining the story in the process.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The biggest problem I have with this current story is, as its been said, metzen said to us that the theme of mists would be the war between H&A and the war being the bad element in this story, and YET when we look at how things have progressed, all I've seen is the alliance being made into victims getting back at the horde for what apparently they felt was being ignored in cata, and the horde being demonized to make whatever the alliance does justified, even if Jaina whos character has been ruined in my pov, apparently thats okay because she gets to have revenge against the horde.

This is no longer a story about how war is bad, both sides are doing bad things and the pandaren are the victims in the middle, this is a one sided issue of them almost trying to make the story into the old warcraft days of good humans vs bad orcs, and ruining the story in the process.
    If they were making it into Warcraft 2 2.0 there wouldn't be a horde rebellion forming.

They're not going for The Horde is evil, they're going for Garrosh and his lackeys are evil, and the Horde is going to overthrow him.

This is how I read it.

The meta-narrative of recent events is that Blizzard wants to vanquish hatred, fear, anger etc (the Sha) which cause divisions between players. Garrosh will become the representative of divisiveness and we'll all co-operate to defeat him. The war between the Alliance and Horde players will end. All auction houses will become "neutral" and the economy will become unified. The new enemy will become an outside force. Blizzard will continue to remove things that cause anger and distrust between players. Personal, secret loot drops will be used in dungeons as well as LFR. This will help quiet dookers (griefers) with meters and bad attitudes. Co-operation will be a win-win situation. In the short-term there is going to be some horror. Dalaran is on the move. The fall of Theramore is going to have to be avenged. I think Blizzard would like to redo Silvermoon, so enjoy it while you can.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering our War sparked the rise of the Sha, the Zandalari are waging war against everyone, the cornerstone of Mogu culture was war and domination, and that Garrosh is likely going to be corrupt by a Sha in the end...

yeah War is a big part of the storyline. I wouldn't call it a villain like Kil'jaedan, Arthas, Deathwing, and Azshara are, though.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Considering our War sparked the rise of the Sha, the Zandalari are waging war against everyone, the cornerstone of Mogu culture was war and domination, and that Garrosh is likely going to be corrupt by a Sha in the end...

yeah War is a big part of the storyline. I wouldn't call it a villain like Kil'jaedan, Arthas, Deathwing, and Azshara are, though.
    Yeah but the whole sha thing just because redundant after 5.1. All the sha is now is something used as a weapon that Garrosh wants to control. Instead of being a force that is manifested because of both horde and alliance, its been reduced to just a lackluster tool that didn't seem to teach anything.

You'd think the message that 'war, violence, hatred and doubt cause these things to manifest, we need to find another way so they don't grow in wow', it instead became a case of 'HaHA, i have defeated the sha, what new thing shall my I kill?'
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    , and that Garrosh is likely going to be corrupt by a Sha in the end....
    That dude is already out to lunch. Personally, I think they are making him a little too over the top with all his "HORDE HORDE HORDE" crap. When he makes statements like, I'm going to be awesome and if I have to spill some Elf blood to do it..no biggie!" Who the hell would want to be in Garrosh's army with he's attitude that he'll just send you to a needless death just so he can prove he's a tough guy.

The differences they are making between Garrosh and Varian is almost cartoonish. I like what they are doing with Varian, I just don't think they need to make Garrosh so cut throat and brutal to show the contrast. I really don't see how any Horde person could want to follow Garrosh, He's just too far off out in left field