Deleted

Add more to Archaeology!

Hey all,

Not sure if this has been covered already, but didn't see a post concerning it, just joined the forums today so point me in the direction if there is already a thread up!

Since MoP release I have been dissapointed by the lack of decent things in Archaeology, sure the weapons were great for leveling right at the beginning of the expansion, but Cataclysm had some seriously nice treats from archae and MoP has I think 4 blues and the rest are just items turning into artifacts for hand ins. Have blizz mentioned why this was and has anyone seen any info if they will be adding to it in the future?

Kaitz~

Deleted
    It was said by some blue poster that archeology is being treated as secondary professions, and because of that the rewards shouldn't be better than the stuff from primary proffs. Or somethig like that.

Deleted
    Hmmm I get the secondary profession part, but pets and mounts and maybe something like transmog gear or items that wouldnt benefit a character above another shouldn't be a problem imo :>

Deleted
    I would be satisfied if they reduced the ridicolous high Cooldowns most of the archeology Fun items have, I mean why do most of the transformation last 20 seconds but have a cooldown of 30 minutes and higher ?

Deleted
    Thats a really good point, and also I forgot about those items, turning into a Naga and the Draenei crystal etc, where have they gone from archae in MoP? There could have been some great items! This is exactly my point of how they have neglected it

I definitely think they should add some more fun stuff. I was hoping some of those armored pterodactyls that were datamined would end up as arch solves. I was pretty disappointed with the small amount of rare solves as I enjoy doing arch as a time filler and I had them all in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    It was said by some blue poster that archeology is being treated as secondary professions, and because of that the rewards shouldn't be better than the stuff from primary proffs. Or somethig like that.
    That is correct. I don't mind not finding epic weapons like in Cata, but I would like to see maybe some cool lore items that can be found. Does not have to be gear or anything, just some lore realated items like [The Skull of Gul'dan].

This is from WoWWiki
    According to an older version of the Item Basics page on the WoW website, the names of Artifact-quality items were planned to appear in red. A listing for Artifacts no longer appears on this page however. The red-linked version still exists in archive form under the dates Jul 15, 2005 through Jun 15, 2007.

Now i would like to dig up an artifact that tells me more about the story and things that actually has happend on Azeroth. Maybe som lore about The sundering, or about the titans. Something like Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron
    Last edited by FraQture; 2012-12-28 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    Now that's what I'm talking about! More lore items please!

Archaeology should definitely be used to give us more lore. More filling in of background information, ultimately unimportant stuff but nice to know.

The other use I see for it is continuing to give us awesome items for alts, like the Spear of Xuen. That thing makes levelling my feral druid a complete breeze, there should be more like that if possible.