10+ Year Old Account

Master looting using Need Before Greed+handing items manually?

I was on an achiev/mog run and the looting was set to "master looter". But the person gave some items to people who had reserved the items and for other you could roll NB4G.

Example:
    Ragnaros drops mace+mount. Mace was reserved and mount free roll. Mace was handed to the correct person, but for the mount you got the blizzards usual need-greed-de-pass option window.

My question is which loot method or even add-on can make you have the choice to pick the person you hand loot to, but on the same time have the ability to let people use the usual blizzard roll system?

And no, I can't remember the person's name to contact him about that. Can someone please help me out?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    My question is which loot method or even add-on can make you have the choice to pick the person you hand loot to, but on the same time have the ability to let people use the usual blizzard roll system?

And no, I can't remember the person's name to contact him about that. Can someone please help me out?
    It's the blizzard default interface when masterloot is choosen. If you as the masterlooter rightlicks an item you have two options:
    -give to player
    -let players roll

(don't know the prober english phrases)

that's it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. I'm blind then. Thanks for the answer. I do believe that the topic can be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Hmm. I'm blind then. Thanks for the answer. I do believe that the topic can be closed.
    It's a brand new feature, I think new in 5.1. So if you haven't been masterloot since then you probably had no idea since it wasn't really documented anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    It's a brand new feature, I think new in 5.1. So if you haven't been masterloot since then you probably had no idea since it wasn't really documented anywhere.

Yep, added in 5.0 or 5.1, you can request a roll as master looter. Though, ML still has to hand the item out to the correct person, it's basically just an inbuilt need roll/raidroll functionality.