Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question MoP plot future prediction? Naruto?

This has been on my mind for a while and I couldn't help but notice a certain pattern regarding the Mists of pandaria and the Naruto manga/anime series.

To those wo don't know what Naruto is here's a short summary:

Naruto is 12 years old ninja and lives in a village called Konohagakure. Because of the villagers’ fear and loathing of the demon who resides in him, sealed by the former leader, the Fourth Hokage, Naruto is determined to become the best and the mightiest ninja in his village. More than that, he is determined to attain leadership status and win the villagers’ respect and love.
    Now back to the matters at hand.

A long time ago I started a thread that there are suppose 7 Sha, because of the "Seven Burdens of Shaohao", of course it became victim to some rather stupid ideas of what the 7th missing Sha is, tho the Pride seem to make most sense; until somebody mentioned Naruto comparison.

This part will only be known to those who got exalted with Klaxxi and have completed all non-daly quests with them. After the Empress' invasion to eradicate Klaxxi and put the stop to it, Kil'ruk the Wind Reaver reveals to you the truth about Pandaria of which only the Mantid are aware:

(skip to 16:29 if you want t get to the point)

Basically, much like their cusions of Ahn'Qiraj and Azolj-Nerub, the mantid worshiped the Old God, by the Name of Y'shaarj, a beast with 7 headed heads.
    And when the titans came to Azeroth to kill him, just before the end Y'shaarj released his inner shadows across pandaria, and thus the Sha were born. That does not however explain what happend to the Old God's body, because their bodies do not decay with time, nor those of their stringest servants (see the pre-cata comic series).

Now let me switch to the Naruto bit here, dealing with the events before the Naruto series begun (spoilers for those who are interested, but haven't read/watched the series):

Long time ago in a distant past, there was a monk known as the Sage of the Six Paths, who traveled the world full of war, trying to bring peace. Until one day, a powerful Ten Tailed Demon crossed his path. Upon defeating him, in order to protect the world, the Sage locked the demon inside his body. Several years later, when the monk's like was comming to an end, in order to prevent the Ten Tailed Demon from being released upon the world once again, the Sage used his power to seperated the chakra (inner power/energy) from the demon, and from it created the 9 Tailed Beasts; while leaving the Ten Tailed Demon an empty lifeless husk, a statue, which he sealed on the Moon.

Later, 3 years after the original series, a organisation known as Akatsuki, started collection the 9 Tailed Beasts in order to ressurect the Ten Tailed Demon and unleashing him upon the world.
    Now let's get back to the Breath of the Darkest Shadow quest (aka last quest from 5.1 faction series). Some of you noticed when you started, mite have had a bug which showed you the incarnated Sha's (the big sources not the fragment), they may vary tho, I had Hatred and Despair on my playthrough. Than we see Ishi, Garrosh's blademaster being posessed by diferent parts of Sha as his HP decreades, like fear, anger and hatred.

What am I getting at is that the way things are going and Garrosh determind to master the power of Sha, which Mogu have mastered long time ago; if he goes as far as bringing all the 6 Sha together to the place where Y'shaarj's body lies... well I'm pretty sure you see where I'm getting at.

It's called 7 burdens of Shao Hao, Y'shraaj had 7 heads, yet there are only 6 Sha, instead of 7.
    There is a Ten Tailed Demon, yet there are only 9 beasts, instead of 10.
    The end result is the that missing one is actually all of the links combined together.

And since we'll be seeing the unknown island where the Thunderking with Zandalari will be staging their invasion on Pandaria, is it possible that the Old God's empty husk lies there?

PLEASE no trolls or OT discussion, stick to the part
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2012-12-31 at 11:16 AM. Reason: missunderstanding

I dont think garrosh knows about the old god Y'shaarj. Not even where the body lies. I really just think he is trying to find and control all the dark magic and evil powers he can get his hands on.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted

OP is right! o.o

Deleted
    ^More like

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure you can draw this mythos from just about every asian culture if you dig far enough.

But I totally felt the same way looking at those statues in the Vale, it does bear a striking resemblance to the valley of ends from naruto lol
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can draw this mythos from just about every asian culture if you dig far enough.

But I totally felt the same way looking at those statues in the Vale, it does bear a striking resemblance to the valley of ends from naruto lol
    This. Naruto is a reimagining of ancient chinese and japanese myth (yes, *AND*. I can explain in detail if you think I'm a weeaboo that doesnt know the difference, but for the sake of brevity, just give me the benefit of the doubt here). Since Pandaria borrows heavily from it (The Monkey King, for instance, is from the tale Journey to the West), some cross-pollination may be apparent.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

it's oke

neji will respawn tomorrow and obito will become good en sasuke will kill madara in the end

but no i dont see any similarities.

altho i do have kage bunshin yell macro-ed to my mirror images :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    it's oke

neji will respawn tomorrow and obito will become good en sasuke will kill madara in the end

but no i dont see any similarities.

please no trolls

Mind you tho, at this point, Thunder King is Madara and Garrosh is Obito...
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2012-12-28 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I too, am guilty:

Dismounting from several miles up, charging a mob a friend is fighting to help them out. Last-second charging a mob before hitting the floor completely avoids gravity-induced splatterdeath, and looks awesome.

/y DYNAMIKKUU ENTRYYYYYYYYYY

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    please no trolls

Mind you tho, at this point, Thunder King is Madara and Garrosh is Obito...

no trolling its just as the ppl said during my typing.. you can place parts of story's in any story

because the main arc in a story is always globaly the same.

and its no trolling its how this arc really is gonna end in 5weeks

Deleted
    no trolling its just as the ppl said during my typing.. you can place parts of story's in any story

because the main arc in a story is always globaly the same.

and its no trolling its how this arc really is gonna end in 5weeks
    Well this isn't a place to discuss Naruto series, take it somewhere else, please, I'm trying to have a mature discussion about where the Mists of Pandaria plot is going

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    ^More like

This, The statues in the Vale are a homage to the statues from the Lord of the Rings from 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can draw this mythos from just about every Asian culture if you dig far enough.
    Also this. Look, I am trying to be as reasonable as I can about this but please, If you want your anime go be Blood elf male Paladin named Sephiroth # 48932482410539 Who yells "BANKAI!!!!!" When he uses his cooldowns.

If you want to have a "Mature" discussion about where the Mists plot is going, Don't bring Naruto into it of all things. Discuss Old Gods, Garroshs (Soon to be) Corruption and Death. What is Y'shaarj and why can you see paintings of it's face in the Heart of Fear?

Last edited by Elysara; 2012-12-28 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Well this isn't a place to discuss Naruto series, take it somewhere else, please, I'm trying to have a mature discussion about where the Mists of Pandaria plot is going
    Making heavy mention of Naruto in the original post <------> Berating a replying contributor for talking about Naruto.

Your expectations for this thread may be a little skewed.

Deleted
    I don't see any link to any one of the main stories in the Naruto manga, let alone thé plot...

I think you misunderstood what Naruto is actually about and are confused because of the overlap in use or adaptation of oriental mythology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    This, The statues in the Vale are a homage to the statues from the Lord of the Rings from 2001.

Also this. Look, I am trying to be as reasonable as I can about this but please, If you want your anime go be Blood elf male Paladin named Sephiroth # 48932482410539 Who yells "BANKAI!!!!!" When he uses his cooldowns.

If you want to have a "Mature" discussion about where the Mists plot is going, Don't bring Naruto into it of all things. Discuss Old Gods, Garroshs (Soon to be) Corruption and Death. What is Y'shaarj and why can you see paintings of it's face in the Heart of Fear?

/snip
    The Klaxxi video pretty much explained all, Beside the painting can been see beneath the Klaxxi'ves, as shown by the video. As for Naruto bit, I'm speculating if MoP story will go to where Naruto is, considering some identical things, weather the Old God will be ressed due to Garrosh's power hungry incompetence, by gathering all the know 6 shas in the place where his body lies and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    I don't see any link to any one of the main stories in the Naruto manga, let alone thé plot...

I think you misunderstood what Naruto is actually about and are confused because of the overlap in use or adaptation of oriental mythology.
    ...what? what are you talking about?
    What do you mean I dunno what it's about?
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2012-12-28 at 02:51 PM.

Wait... the mogu are stone. I doubt something that's casting "the curse of flesh" is someone the mogu would want to join up with.

I don't see them being strong supporters of Sha.

What I do see, however, is us eventually finding the ancient withered body of Shaoshao and him having sealed the 7th sha within him. Or, having sealed it in someone we wouldn't expect... like Chen's niece.

Implying that Naruto has a plot?

[sarcasm] And MoP isn't filled with flashback episodes [/sarcasm]

But to be completely on topic I agree with Ely.. Naruto took 99% of other lore.. discuss that, NOT naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post

But to be completely on topic I agree with Ely.. Naruto took 99% of other lore.. discuss that, NOT naruto.
    yes, it is. remember the jade forest flashback questlines? what about chen's flashback quest?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post

Please, I talking about the Tailed Beasts part from Naruto, not Naruto as whole.

Its not like naruto at all, you just like both so your minds making a correlation between the two.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!