Poll: Should mounts should get some abilities?

So when will we have mount wars?

I think we've all thought of it before and with the new dinosaur mounts coming up, it would be awesome if some of our mounts could perform some fun abilities. I would think it would be simple and selective abilities like battle pets. Dazing, stunning, dismounting, charge, bite, stomp, speed inc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the Argent Tournament?

Nty, hated mount-based combat.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    Yeah i didnt like it either.

It was the only thing about ToC patch that i didnt like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    You mean the Argent Tournament?

Nty, hated mount-based combat.
    Come now, jousting wasn't too bad when you got used to it.

Anyway, mount fighting just has too great a chance to become ridiculously overpowered in PvP. I don't think we'll be seeing it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they come up with a different system to do it then sure. The argent tournament style was definitely not my favorite but they could change it so its not so clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    Did someone try the mount combat of lotro ? I hope its better than those of the argent tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by winkies View Post
    Did someone try the mount combat of lotro ? I hope its better than those of the argent tournament.
    Mounted Combat in Lotro is quite fun once you get the hang of it. Its night and day difference compared to Argent Tournament.

I'd love for class abilities to be able to be used in the air, at least.

But some mount abilities would be fun, I guess. Not entirely sure if there's a point to them, though, if you would drop the restriction on casting/attacking while flying (obviously not while on the ground).

10+ Year Old Account
    No. We already recieved a gimmicky waste of developer time in the form of Pet Battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Come now, jousting wasn't too bad when you got used to it.

Anyway, mount fighting just has too great a chance to become ridiculously overpowered in PvP. I don't think we'll be seeing it.
    It would of course only be useable in open world and not in arenas and BGs? Duh?

I always liked the idea of being able to perform stuff whilst on my mount like increasing my speed or dismounting others. Just as long as our mounts don't become vehicle-like mounts like the argent tournament ones (or any other "hop-on" mount) then I'd like to see this. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    No. We already recieved a gimmicky waste of developer time in the form of Pet Battles.
    Oh really? I wasn't aware your opinion was fact. I love pet battles and another thing....different developers do different things, wowowow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkblade View Post
    Oh really? I wasn't aware your opinion was fact. I love pet battles and another thing....different developers do different things, wowowow.
    Yes. And said developers could have been doing something else.

Regardless, it's fait accompli now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes if they can do a good job of it. No if it turns into the argent tournament garbage. Not to hate on any content in particular, but the tourny jousting was pretty damn lame.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

10+ Year Old Account

F yeeeaaaahhhh

Long live the 80s.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yes. And said developers could have been doing something else.

Regardless, it's fait accompli now.
    Well, yeah. They could have worked on something else, but it probably would have been something else..like mount battles.

Please god no. I'd just rather us be able to fight while ON our mount. No special "mount abilities" and such, that sounds like a complete waste of time.