Thread: Racials

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Racials

I am now orc and i play demonology but i am thinking of going to become goblin. How big dps decrease will i see then? Since i know orc is the best to be but i just love goblins. I am tailoring and JC if it matters.

Simulationcraft.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore simcraft.

the difference will generally be less than the margin of error of any empirical testing you may do with your own characters.
    (unless you are the goddamn most bestest elite player in the whole world)

Also Rocket Jump saves lives.

Play what you love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead .....Yolo

Which reminds me I need a new sig

Made by dubbelbasse

What I usually say is if a race has a racial that benefits you somehow it doesn't really matter when you compare it to another race. In other words it's perfectly fine to go for Orc, Goblin, Undead, Troll or Goblin as Horde. On the Alliance side it would be the same for Worgen, Gnome and Human (if you have a weapon that benefits from their racials). It's the same for professions too.

So yeah, as long as your guild doesn't force you to play the best possible race for your class and have the best professions, feel free to go whatever you prefer. It's not really that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    What I usually say is if a race has a racial that benefits you somehow it doesn't really matter when you compare it to another race.
    My philosophy has always been either pick the best racial, or don't choose based on racials at all. The difference between the best racial and the worst is usually pretty miniscule, so if you really want to min-max there, you should just pick the best race.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    My philosophy has always been either pick the best racial, or don't choose based on racials at all. The difference between the best racial and the worst is usually pretty miniscule, so if you really want to min-max there, you should just pick the best race.

Says the Human.

The difference between Goblin and Orc is small enough that its almost personal preference. As mentioned, Rocket Jump saves lives.

As far as Simcraft goes, they still use Orc for the BiS profiles for Aff and Destro using Sacrifice. Enough said.

1% free hit > 1% shitty crit says the human

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    1% free hit > 1% shitty crit says the human
    Elite Dagger as a Worgen > Lohash as a Human.

The math has been done to death, until the Sha Touched weapons get the 550 gems and the prismatic socket, they're not as good as the Elite Dagger.

Best alliance race would then be gnome, because you get the hit from the dagger and the sword...

Deleted
    Even then the sprint + the 1% crit > the 1% hit + free unbound will.

340 hit rating is 1% hit
    600 crit rating is 1% crit

Crit isn't a bad stat. It's just not as good as haste or mastery or hit... but when the value is nearly twice as high as that of hit, then it's most certainly better. You could compare it to 600 intellect vs 700 mastery in terms of which is better, I am sure nobody needs to be told that the 600 intellect is.

And in terms of reforging, if you reforge that 340 hit to mastery, your strongest stat as affliction, you get this:
    Assuming Mastery has a value of 2.66 and Crit a value of 1.72 (I have these values from my own patchwerk sim)
    340 hit -> mastery = 904.4 dps
    600 crit = 1032 dps

.. Somebody give me a source saying that 340 hit rating is better than 600 crit rating in some scenario somewhere... because I would really like to see the proof of such an outrageous statement!
    Last edited by mmocfecbd8d6a4; 2012-12-28 at 11:28 PM.

I play an Orc. It can be troublesome because the pet damage bonus does not translate to Grimoire of Sacrifice, and Blood Fury becomes a timing hassle once you get your 4pc bonus. If I had $25.00 to throw away I would go Undead or Goblin in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    340 hit rating is 1% hit
    600 crit rating is 1% crit
    You would then be right; in fairness, I haven't done much (or any, for that matter >.<) research into the alliance racials at all, and really only have researched stat weights by rating (not by %), since that's how reforges/gemming are determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Iry View Post
    I play an Orc. It can be troublesome because the pet damage bonus does not translate to Grimoire of Sacrifice, and Blood Fury becomes a timing hassle once you get your 4pc bonus. If I had $25.00 to throw away I would go Undead or Goblin in a heartbeat.

If you're Affliction, Troll is actually amazing. You can toss up max duration DoTs right at the end of Berserking and have them carry the buff a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You would then be right; in fairness, I haven't done much (or any, for that matter >.<) research into the alliance racials at all, and really only have researched stat weights by rating (not by %), since that's how reforges/gemming are determined.
    So in short you were basing your racial theory on the assumption that 1% hit in rating = 1% crit in rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    So in short you were basing your racial theory on the assumption that 1% hit in rating = 1% crit in rating?

Basing theories on assumptions is pretty common, unfortunately.

I find Troll simming highest for Affliction.
    Pretty sure Orc is still the best for Demonology however there are no fights were you should play that spec.

Your professions do not change anything, however you should drop JC for Engineering.

Deleted
    Dropped Orc and became a fucking ugly Troll, even tho i dont like them ;( Min/maxing ftw i guess

As Teye already mentioned, it´s really good - if u delay your 3rd DS for like 2sec, u can "sinc" it with our second Beserking (using felflame), thus having max during dots with +50% haste.

Recently pulled 111k on Bladelord heroic with this strat, its just unbelievable good......
    Last edited by mmoc64845f3a4b; 2012-12-29 at 11:58 AM.

Yet Simcraft still uses Orc for Aff with Sacrifice.

As far as hating how Trolls look, I would have gone Female if I were you. No giant tusks sticking out of your helm, no slouching at a 45 degree angle, and the casting animations are a lot better imo.
    Last edited by Teye; 2012-12-29 at 04:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Basing theories on assumptions is pretty common, unfortunately.
    Spreading baseless theories effectively missleading people, whether with or without intention is mean imo. Hence me attempting to correct you.

It's an easy fact though, in terms of numbers, which racial is better in regards to 1% hit vs 1% crit. As soon as you know the scale factors it's just like picking and choosing a necklace or any other item.