Poll: Is $48m a year too much?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    But then it comes to the conclusion: If he know he is making a lot of money and he knows he likes to jodgle woman, why the hell would he even marry?
    I'm guessing that it's easier to acquire higher power political positions when you are seen as a family man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    I'm guessing that it's easier to acquire higher power political positions when you are seen as a family man.
    Not really and he had sex scadals for a while now, so the image went out the window. Everyone knew that he was a "player" in Italy and he got ellected quite a lot for that. But it goes both ways, the wife is to blame also if she knew about his lifestyle. Or maybe she liked it from the start a kinda win-win scenario where he got a family life a bit, kids and she now gets a nice settlement.

It might seem like an exorbitant amount, but it's pocket change for him, as someone said. And he deserves it. That corrupt son of a bitch deserves that and more.

To all the one defending him just because his ex-wife seems like a greedy gold-digger http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controv...vio_Berlusconi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I just read the article. Title seems misleading. Seems like he voluntarily agreed to give his wife that much; he wasn't ordered to do it.

If he agreed to give his wife this much money on his own the hell does any of you care?
    /sigh

"Three years after Silvio Berlusconi's wife walked out on him over his alleged frolicking with teenage girls, the former Italian prime minister has reportedly been ordered to pay her €3m a month in a divorce settlement.

The climax of the long-simmering divorce battle – reported by Italy's Corriere della Sera – follows Berlusconi's offer of just €300,000 a month to the former actress Veronica Lario, whom he married in 1990 after divorcing his first wife.

Although Lario had demanded €43m a year, higher than the €36m awarded, the judge's ruling is heavily in her favour."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...rce-settlement

Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Not really and he had sex scadals for a while now, so the image went out the window. Everyone knew that he was a "player" in Italy and he got ellected quite a lot for that.
    Just because people write articles who portray you as a bad person it doesn't mean people will read them or know about them. During the last elections in my country there were people elected as mayors while they were serving time in jail.

Deleted
    Just because people write articles who portray you as a bad person it doesn't mean people will read them or know about them. During the last elections in my country there were people elected as mayors while they were serving time in jail.
    I could top that, we had a mayor elected when he was dead. He died like 3 days before the election and the procedure wouldn't allow for his name to be erased fom the ballot and people still voted for him on that day.

But to come back on the topic the fact still remains that him being faithful never happend. He joggled a lot of womens during his marriage so I guess that accounted in court settlement also on top of his high wealth. But still the marriage was a bit strange and 100% doomed from start.

But like I said before if he wasn't married he would give the money not to his wife but to his kids, that are in the care of the mother. So it's would be a bit strict to where the money goes, but im sure either way the settlement would still be high since of his high wealth.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    better check the IDcard before having sex with a prostitute, she (or he) might be underaged

for one cause or another, he definitely deserve this (and much, much more)

Voted no by accident. Seriously, there should be a limited on how much people are ordered to pay, especially when they get it just because they divorced someone. Why do they need so much compared to a 'normal' person who gets divorced and only has to pay enough for child support?

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Voted no by accident. Seriously, there should be a limited on how much people are ordered to pay, especially when they get it just because they divorced someone. Why do they need so much compared to a 'normal' person who gets divorced and only has to pay enough for child support?
    If he would pay the amount of money your average Joe would have to he could probably get married and then get divorced every month without actually giving a crap. He must understand that his actions come with consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel sorry for mr. berlusconi. he was my favourite prime minister. i hope doesnt pay a single spit to this money grabber.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think even the $5 million he offered was way too much. Im sick and tired of these ridiculous alimony payments. If you get a divorce, at best alimony should cover a basic apartment and basic necessities to live such as food and clothing from places normal people shop. This BS happens all the time with celebrities. If you want to live the luxurious lifestyle you did before and buy all your clothes at designer stores, then dont get divorced, or find another sugar daddy sucker to marry. Also Alimony should NEVER be for life. 4 years max is plenty of time to gain some skills and find a job of your own.

Also she divorced him because she saw a picture of him at some 18 year old girls birthday party? Was he naked and banging her in this picture? If not then it is not unusual to go to birthday parties for people you know. and a divorce over a picture of him at one would be asinine.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 10:30 AM ----------

If he would pay the amount of money your average Joe would have to he could probably get married and then get divorced every month without actually giving a crap. He must understand that his actions come with consequences.
    Alimony and Child support arent supposed to be a punitive or consequences for your actions, they are supposed to be solely to privide resources to your ex wife and children.
    Last edited by Orlong; 2012-12-28 at 03:31 PM.

As far as I'm aware being an asshole isn't a crime, and even if it was why should such an exorbitant amount of money go to his ex-wife?

Alimony is not meant as punishment but rather as payment for lodging, food, clothing, and other necessities.

No sane person can claim 48m/yr is necessary for those things. 48m/yr is enough to support over 2000 people, and unless I'm mistaken Veronica Lario is only one person. It's greed and a misuse of the legal system, plain and simple. Most people don't make (or even spend) 48 million in their entire life, never mind in a single year.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2012-12-28 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone like Berlusconi should have been smart enough to sign a prenup before the marriage imo.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Also she divorced him because she saw a picture of him at some 18 year old girls birthday party? Was he naked and banging her in this picture? If not then it is not unusual to go to birthday parties for people you know. and a divorce over a picture of him at one would be asinine.
    I'd say that being a cheater, a pedophile, part of the mafia, corrupt, homophobic, racist, and, overall, being a terrible head of the state, both when it comes to intern and foreign affairs, a terrible husband and human being makes it more than enough reasons for a divorce, and more than enough reasons for him to deserve to pay such amount of money. Having to pay such amount of money as alimony to someone might be unfair, but it's berlusconi we're talking about, so who the hell cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Someone like Berlusconi should have been smart enough to sign a prenup before the marriage imo.
    And he's engaged again to what obviously appears to not be a gold digger of any sort.

I think in a way with this type of idiocy, he almost deserves to pay.