Once more on the dead realm issue.

Good evening ppl.

I know there are numeral threads on this topic, but I just thought to bring up an idea, that I know ppl have said before, but would love to hear your opinions on the subjet.

We know that opening the FCM to quiet realms does not solve anything, since nobody is willing to transfer on a dead realm, right?
    On my mind the easy solution would be that they would open a FCM from a dead realm, perhaps like Hakkar EU (ratio H:0,25, A:1,00) to another dead realm to another dead realm like Boulderfist EU (ratio H:1,00, A:0,36).
    This way they could balance the uneven realms and I think that majority of the players would be happy. Since the migration would be optional it would also leave ppl the option to stay at their current realm for what ever reasons there might be?

Wishing you all a happy new year 2013.

-Dez

Deleted
    This is a problem that should have been solved a long time ago. Something needs to be done and this FCM should help a lot. .. though I doubt it will never (soon) happen.

Deleted
    But with this your'e making some realms even more dead? Dead realm a gets FCM to Dead realm B, Deadrealm A gets even more dead?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want you say, all you people giving solutions believing you can fix it yourself by deleting this and that.. its not a fault in anything we've done, and in a strange way its not a fault in what blizzard has done either, its because of something thats happened along the connect between points, so its the fault of whoevers not fixing that.

The good thing is we can blame a country for it, rather then each other.
    #boycottchina

I think I did leave few keypoints away from my text, so basically this method would lead, that all ppl from a deadrealm A could go to a deadrealm B free of charge. So at that point, I think that fairly many, if not all, would take the bait?

Quote Originally Posted by halax View Post
    But with this your'e making some realms even more dead? Dead realm a gets FCM to Dead realm B, Deadrealm A gets even more dead?
    As a player, I would say they should just merge a horde dominated empty server with an alliance dominated empty server, then take one of the servers and open it up as a new pve server. As far as I am aware, the only truly dreadful servers are all pvp servers that became too unbalanced.

With that said, Blizzard probably also has to look at the feedback from CRZ on pvp servers. One thing I am certain of, a LOT of pvpers who are on the dominate faction of a server probably do not want to merge and become balanced. They are pvpers in name only. But right or wrong, Blizzard has to consider if merging pvp servers would actually make more players happy.. my gut feeling is that in this case, more players would complain about suddenly being balanced.

Deleted
    Think a bit OP. Let's say this offer would last for a month. What if someone doesn't log for a month? What if there's newer players or players who don't know how to transfer? Then these people would still remain on a an even dead-er server. The only true solution is merging dead servers.

I would say that it would not have a time limit, one could transfer all 11 charters once to the designated realm.
    And creating new toons on the realmA (as mentioned above) would be disabled.

15+ Year Old Account
    How would that help? Now I wouldn't mind a free transfer away from this alliance infested hell hole my server has become, but wouldn't help the population for my side.

They basicly need to force transfers where its needed and set some balancing limits for either side.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

FCM would be nice but since CRZ is introduced i would prefer a FCM to a PVE realm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Good evening ppl.
    I know there are numeral threads on this topic, but I just thought to bring up an idea, that I know ppl have said before, but would love to hear your opinions on the subjet.
    They will never merge server or open transfers of two major reasons.

-It's bad for the image for the company to merge servers and can cause stocks to drop
    -They make too much money from server transfers
    -Cause of combination of those two, they will never merge the servers, atleast not until they're like shutting servers down.
    Last edited by mmoce07c9678d5; 2012-12-29 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandareeni View Post

-It's bad for the image for the company to merge servers and can cause stocks to drop
    -Cause of combination of those two, they will never merge the servers, atleast not until they're like shutting servers down.
    for that same reason people stopped playing and so blizzard will keep missing that monthly income from those players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    How would that help? Now I wouldn't mind a free transfer away from this alliance infested hell hole my server has become, but wouldn't help the population for my side.

They basicly need to force transfers where its needed and set some balancing limits for either side.
    You have realms where the A/H-ratio is just as stated above (H:0,25, A:1,00 and H:1,00, A:0,36) would combining these not balance the realms? Yes it would?
    It would not create high pplted realms, but it would balance the odds a bit and even the dominant faction would get some more players?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandareeni View Post

But there's a downside. People who are on dead servers end up quitting if they don't spend money to transfer. So they might actually lose more money because of this since in 2 months one person can pay more then the one time server transfer of 1 character.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    But there's a downside. People who are on dead servers end up quitting if they don't spend money to transfer. So they might actually lose more money because of this since in 2 months one person can pay more then the one time server transfer of 1 character.
    Arnorei, you just nailed my point there. From my point of view I would like to play an MMO-game, but when there are no ppl around you it sorta fades the one aspect of the game I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Arnorei, you just nailed my point there. From my point of view I would like to play an MMO-game, but when there are no ppl around you it sorta fades the one aspect of the game I like.
    i need to transfer 11 chars from PVP to PVE to be able to enjoy the game again as i use to do. talked last night to a couple of IRL friends that used to play on my realm they like the game but they all refuse to pay a penalty to transfer the char to a realm that is alive and not dead.

Might sound kinda hars anwer, but the point of my thread was not do you wanna play on pve or pvp realm, that is ones personal choise.
    The point was to make the realms more populated and balanced (a/h ratio) by combining low pvp together and low pve realms together.