Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You know, I forgot about the whole "Free down, costs to go up" model they have going on.

Does anyone know if you can load up a toon with heirlooms and gold and transfer them from a high-pop to a medium-pop server or is it "to low-pop only?"
    You can xfer a toon to any realm for $25

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Now, I doubt that they will ever offer discounted rates for PvP realms (you did sign up for PvP, I know I did =) ), but things could always change.

Thought, I'd like to see some sort of global free transfer system... Kind of silly that I've played on one server for 7 years, server starts to die, and if I want to move, its 25 PER character... 10*25 = too much... (ok, not transferring all 10, but you know what I mean...). Like once a month free transfer per account, but with like super gold restrictions (or even item restrictions). Would be nice to be able to migrate some of my alts to my main server. They have some cool vanilla/bc things I'd like to show of xD

On another note, does anyone find it ironic the statements some of the blues post? Especially the comments on CRZ. Ironic how "the game was never designed to have empty zones", yet at the same time, it wasn't designed to have 100% all full zones either. Playing on a PvP realm in vanilla vs now, there is a lot more high level ganking now, and I suffered through STV gank-fests
    I absolutely signed up for it and am glad there are now people in the realm to gank Even the PvP policy states that actions that would be considered dishonorable are considered to be legitimate PvP tactics. I just love that I can finally find people to pick on. I keep hoping they will call in their friends or go get their mains, but most of them just stay afk lol

So, there's a bit of irony here. The CS representative was suggesting transfering to a low-population server to get away from wPVP. Just taking a loot at my server list (US), the only low pop servers right now are all PVP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    You can xfer a toon to any realm for $25
    Just poor wording. I was asking about the free "transfer down" option. $25 wouldn't be a big deal if I were transfering a main for the sake of making a new server my "raiding server."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Just poor wording. I was asking about the free "transfer down" option. $25 wouldn't be a big deal if I were transfering a main for the sake of making a new server my "raiding server."
    Ah. Understood. They only go from high to low. Odds are they are in the same "CRZ group" so you might yet still bump into some of the same people They help move down from the population, but not really a feasible method for avoiding World PvP and CRZ. Good luck though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    so your taking the word of one gamemaster as gospel? because blizz NEVER change their policies atall? I once had a GM tell me they couldnt fix my quest because GMs cant interact with quests ingame. The next GM not only fixed the quest for me but ported me to a safe spot too.

I could care less about free transfers, if you wanna move just load up 1 toon with heirlooms and pay to move him. But to say that blizz are never going to offer free transfers based on one GM's sayso is a little foolish. Then again based on the way youve set out your post im guessing foolish is what you where going for.
    Something similar happened to me, I had a character lonely on a server and it had no gear nor any gold, it was impossible for me to be able to level it and get new gear. I contacted a GM explaining that I needed some kind of gear to start with, he refused to give me any because of policies but then I asked him to let me talk to his supervisor(Senior GM). He did and the Senior Game Master actually gave me gear for all slots and 1k gold.

So I would agree and say that people should not take Gamemasters words as final words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I like you too. I would love to see some dialogue come from this, but honestly, it will still most likely end poorly. You can feel free to close it if ya want. I just wanted to share my response from Blizz and show that they have no interest in reducing or removing the price for the exact reasons you mentioned Also, kudos for sticking to your guns and "sucking it up" (as you put it) when CRZ increased the amount of World PvP. I think that is the thing most people miss. If 500 new people rolled a toon on the server and just did a mad dash to 90, it would be a full realm again, much the same way CRZ populates zones. World PvP is gonna happen now whether people want it to or not I for one am glad to see World PvP back in swing and might just have to roll a toon on your realm to come hang out :P
    Mmm, the thread seems fine for the time being.

You can come visit me, but 7 out of 9 of my toons are Horde and I haven't played the Alliance toons in a year. :P

I've got to wonder, though...if Blizzard ever decided to decrease the cost of a server transfer if it wouldn't make them even more money than they are making now? More people would be willing to pay the fee to move and possibly move some of their alts as well. It might even keep more people playing the game instead of quitting because they don't want to pay the high fee to move elsewhere if they're not happy where they are. I've played a few MMOs and most of them have offered server transfers for free but put a time frame on how often you can move (say, once a month). I don't understand why they'd never possibly put something similar in place...say, $10 for a server transfer and you can do it once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwek View Post
    He did and the Senior Game Master actually gave me gear for all slots and 1k gold. So I would agree and say that people should not take Gamemasters words as final words.
    While that was very kind of him, GMs will always do charitable things like that when they can confirm the sad state of the toon receiving the charity. I'm certain had the request been for a free xfer to a higher pop realm or to PvE to escape PvP, they would offer the same advice or a Reroll.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Mmm, the thread seems fine for the time being.

You can come visit me, but 7 out of 9 of my toons are Horde and I haven't played the Alliance toons in a year. :P

I've got to wonder, though...if Blizzard ever decided to decrease the cost of a server transfer if it wouldn't make them even more money than they are making now? More people would be willing to pay the fee to move and possibly move some of their alts as well. It might even keep more people playing the game instead of quitting because they don't want to pay the high fee to move elsewhere if they're not happy where they are. I've played a few MMOs and most of them have offered server transfers for free but put a time frame on how often you can move (say, once a month). I don't understand why they'd never possibly put something similar in place...say, $10 for a server transfer and you can do it once a month.
    Interesting idea. That way they still made money and kept their realm economies in check. I would be all for 1 free transfer a year - account wide. Something as incentive in case people ever wanted to change for the sake of progression, and not just because PvP happened lol.

As for the Horde statement, I am currently rocking a new Goblin shammy and am now enjoying Horde for the first time in almost 7 years. I am seriously thinking about turning my worgen into a tauren

Another brief observation with respect to the free realm transfers. I have about 10 toons on three servers. One low pop, two high/full. None of them are eligible for a free transfer to a low pop realm. I obviously don't know how the logic works, but simply being on a realm declared 'full' isn't it.

With respect to economy, a low pop realm with less than 4,000 auctions isn't going to be helped or hurt by one person leaving - the economy doesn't function and most people use alts or guild members for support. You can't find what you want to buy, and you can't sell what you have unless by some chance someone happens to need it right then. A high pop realm may heat up slightly by moving people to it as you add cash, but you are also adding production and demand. More items available to more players for less is good. sure, economies are fragile, and in large numbers, things could get messed up, but my experience is that you can't help but aggregate gold in this game; there simply aren't enough sinks.

The main difference I have observed is that on a low pop realm you often can't sell your crafted items at any price, while on a high pop realm, you usually can, but at a somewhat lower price. I realize this isn't a complete view of the economy, so don't feel obliged to nitpick my generalization.

My epiphany for the moment is, I suppos,e that if realm transfers were free, many low pop pvp realms would die instantly.
    Last edited by Ayonel; 2012-12-28 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayonel View Post
    Another brief observation with respect to the free realm transfers. I have about 10 toons on three servers. One low pop, two high/full. None of them are eligible for a free transfer to a low pop realm. I obviously don't know how the logic works, but simply being on a realm declared 'full' isn't it.
    I agree 100%. It's almost as though the Free xfers are based on an RNG with a .001% chance lol

Deleted
    Why the fuck people even should care when they're ganked/camped every now and then on pvp server? If someone corpsecamps your char, just log off, or log to another char. Obviously different thing is that if someone is stalking you - as you can be other faction on same server too and kind of "follow" certain persons. That's creepy and has always been bannable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to know how the queue times are for your high/full pop realms, what their faction balance is like, and if they're PvE or PvP servers. I am sure those variables probably have something to do with it, but I'm not sure exactly how they factor all of that in either.

Blizz will fix faction imbalance before they offer free/discounted transfers for general use.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Blizz will fix faction imbalance before they offer free/discounted transfers for general use.
    That is probably very true. It would seem logical to exhaust all resources before just giving it away like candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I'm curious to know how the queue times are for your high/full pop realms, what their faction balance is like, and if they're PvE or PvP servers. I am sure those variables probably have something to do with it, but I'm not sure exactly how they factor all of that in either.
    Balnazzar PvP, Hellscream PvE

Queue times to log on? None that I have ever seen. Queue times for dungeons? About the same, probably because they are in the same battle group. I'm tanking on both realms, so I get pretty much instant dungeons queues. LFR an take an hour depending on when you queue. healer queues are much faster for LFR, and dps queues can be totally intolerable.

I that what you were asking, or did I misunderstand you?

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pandareeni View Post
    Why the fuck people even should care when they're ganked/camped every now and then on pvp server? If someone corpsecamps your char, just log off, or log to another char. Obviously different thing is that if someone is stalking you - as you can be other faction on same server too and kind of "follow" certain persons. That's creepy and has always been bannable.
    Because we aren't just talking about getting 'ganked/camped every now and then on pvp server'. We are talking about half a dozen or more lvl 90's flying a cap over Mt. Hyjal killing every lvl 80 toon they find over and over again. The area in front of the building at the zone start is littered with corpses, so you more or less can't play in those zones at level. Even with a couple of 90's guarding you, you get one-shot every time you rezz.

Like I said in my first post on this thread, if it was your typical pvp realm stuff, no problem, but this situation makes it so that 'regular' solo players effectively can't level their toons because they can't play the only zones that are available to them.

The obvious/simple solution would be to allow people to unflag themselves for pvp or something like that.
    Last edited by Ayonel; 2012-12-28 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'm behind what you are standing for.
    -> Although, positioning for some of the forum non-regulars: they believe you are trolling.

Fact is, Blizzard knows you will pay for your transfer.

When you spend YEARS AND YEARS on a character.. what, you think you can just up and move somewhere else without everything that's attached (emotionally) to the toon?

Impossible to feel nothing - BUT possible to start anew such as friends have done, many, many times.

Good Threat - bad positioning (IMO bro)

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 05:40 PM ----------

Great Thread**

10+ Year Old Account

Queue times to log on? None that I have ever seen.
    Oh yes, I meant queue times to log on. Sorry, I should have been more clear. :P

I hear about people sitting in horrible queues when they go to log in on the highest population realms, even though the last time I can remember seeing one myself was back in early BC when my server actually had a population.

It'd make sense that they wouldn't offer the free character migration to realms that don't have log in queues, even if they are high or full population on the listing. How are the faction balances on your realms? I've heard of them only doing it for one side as well if the server is majorly imbalanced, but again, that could have something to do with the log in queues.

You can check warcraftrealms for the stats. Balnazzar is horde heavy, but very low pop, and the alliance side is pvp oriented while horde is pve. Hellscream seems to be well populated on both sides, but I don't think faction balance is as big a deal on a pve realm. Both sides' AH look okay, TB seems to go either way depending on who's on(still not nearly the number of participants as their used to be.). It is very odd to go to a full realm's TB and see less than 5 people on either side.

Queue times to log on? None that I have ever seen. Queue times for dungeons? About the same, probably because they are in the same battle group. I'm tanking on both realms, so I get pretty much instant dungeons queues. LFR an take an hour depending on when you queue. healer queues are much faster for LFR, and dps queues can be totally intolerable.

I that what you were asking, or did I misunderstand you?

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 12:33 PM ----------

Because we aren't just talking about getting 'ganked/camped every now and then on pvp server'. We are talking about half a dozen or more lvl 90's flying a cap over Mt. Hyjal killing every lvl 80 toon they find over and over again. The area in front of the building at the zone start is littered with corpses, so you more or less can't play in those zones at level. Even with a couple of 90's guarding you, you get one-shot every time you rezz.

Like I said in my first post on this thread, if it was your typical pvp realm stuff, no problem, but this situation makes it so that 'regular' solo players effectively can't level their toons because they can't play the only zones that are available to them.

The obvious/simple solution would be to allow people to unflag themselves for pvp or something like that.
    Sounds like you want PvE ruleset for leveling on a PvP server. You could always queue for a dungeon to level also, its actually better xp9(/w decent tank) and gear.

Deleted
    A great way to know a server population is to check wowprogress since it shows the number of characters that have done something of the current tier. It doesn't show the number of population but it's a great way to compare how populated a server is compared to others, and also great to know if a server has enough people to do stuff at the highest level.

More on the subject of the topic, I'm not going to add anything new since everything has been said to be honest, but a GM isn't Blizzard, things can always change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Sounds like you want PvE ruleset for leveling on a PvP server. You could always queue for a dungeon to level also, its actually better xp9(/w decent tank) and gear.
    I agree entirely. When I first started playing, I rolled on the server my friends told me to - Balnazzar - and leveling during WoTLK, there was the usual ganking around Tarren Mill, Arathi Highlands, etc, but other areas would be almost empty. It was manageable for the most part. I make no bones about the fact that I now prefer PvE realms, I just didn't know it until the beginning of 2012 when I rolled an alt on Hellscream. This isn't to say I don't like PvP, I like it very much, in the right time and place. My surmise is that many people rolled on PvP realms out of ignorance and would move if they had the option. Before CRZ, they could probably go about their business all alone in the world, hardly ever seeing another player of any type. With MOP and CRZ, players are concentrated in the same areas, which encourages world PvP in a way most people have likely never seen before.

Your suggestion is good with respect to dungeons. I have a 36 lock I am leveling and the queue times at that level are good, and you get a level or so per dungeon(with heirlooms and some rest XP). It's fast. Unfortunately, at 85 the queue times are 30 minutes +, so it isn't as easy for my druid.

But If everyone transfer how will I gank hordes of horde in the jade forest like I did today?