Deleted

I've been hacked... I think

Ok so I logged onto GW2 yesterday for the first time in about a month. Everything was fine until I reached my character screen, my previously level 35 warrior, is now level 63, and I'm completely lost.

Let me start with the basics, I've pretty much lost all of my money, I have 65 silver, and only a measly 240 Karma Points.

I'm wearing the cultural tier 1 armour (STILL) at level 63, needless to say it is far out leveled by now, and all the lowe areas seem to have been completed, apart from blazeridge steppes where I logged in.

My Inventory is a mess, its full of weird.. present things, and some crafting materials which for some reason, can't be deposited, I checked my bank and there are no crafting materials there, so it is not full.

It looks like my account has been used for gold farming pretty much, my password had not been changed though, I have changed it now.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? How did you get back on track?

Contact ArenaNet support on their website...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Contact ArenaNet support on their website...
    I thought about doing that, but I secured my account, I wasn't sure if they'd be able to "decomplete" quests and delevel me

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I thought about doing that, but I secured my account, I wasn't sure if they'd be able to "decomplete" quests and delevel me
    Always worth a shot to see what they can do. I don't think they'd be able to do a restore to the "pre-hacked" state, if they could identify it, but no harm in putting in a request.

Deleted
    Always worth a shot to see what they can do. I don't think they'd be able to do a restore to the "pre-hacked" state, if they could identify it, but no harm in putting in a request.
    I'll do so I guess, this was mostly a thread for suggestions as to how to get back on my feet from the damaged state assuming I was beyond help of customer support. But in the meantime I will see if they can help me, thanks.

Not too sure if there are any "quick" ways to get back on your feet, but I'd revisit some of the lower level area's if you can and work up from there.

Short of creating a new character, you're going to have to spend a bit of time building yourself back up : /

Deleted
    Not too sure if there are any "quick" ways to get back on your feet, but I'd revisit some of the lower level area's if you can and work up from there.

Short of creating a new character, you're going to have to spend a bit of time building yourself back up : /
    Its like I feared then, like I said in the OP, many of the lower areas have been completed, I think there are a couple the hacker hasn't touched, guess I'll start there.

10+ Year Old Account
    you should put in a ticket right away, let them know it wasnt you who was gold farming. they may look at you in your current state and just ban hammer otherwise.

if you got hacked after 1th December they can restore, from than they save every day information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    This is fantastic thankyou for sharing, I'm currently waiting to talk to support, hopefully I was compromised on or after 1st december

How much karma do you have? I would go to the highest level zone you have cleared and just run around to all the heart vendors to buy some karma gear...if it doesn't get restored.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said he has 240 karma points. That will buy him... some bell peppers.

It's hard to remember things you read sometimes.

This happened to my friend too. It is weird I have never heard of someone hacking an account and not changing the password but my friends password wasn't changed either.

Deleted
    Several of my friends had the same issue. Your account can be restored with some explaining.

Hope everything gets fixed soon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    This happened to my friend too. It is weird I have never heard of someone hacking an account and not changing the password but my friends password wasn't changed either.
    Perhaps they are hoping they can use your account for longer without you noticing? I don't know, it seems weird to me too.

Honestly you can buy some greens on the market for copper. You could at least be in level appropriate green gear which would be more than fine for questing. Karma is fairly easy to farm, do the monthly, do events. But yes, also definitely important to contact support at the very least to tell them it wasn't you golf arming, botting, or spamming trade.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaenroh View Post
    He said he has 240 karma points. That will buy him... some bell peppers.
    Yeah, but one daily jug is 4500 karma, easily enough for a lot of the areas gear.

Deleted
    http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/09/19

If you have the email auth enable how is it possible to log from another IP without mail confirmation?