Poll: Would you race change / roll an Ogre?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ogres: Would you Race change / Re-roll any Horde chars?

Assuming you play horde, would you race change to Ogres if they were a new playable race in the next expansion?

Playable classes:

Warrior

Mage

Warlock

Shaman

Rogue

Monk

Death Knight

Rogue? How would you not see a massive Ogre creeping up on you?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Assuming you play horde, would you race change to Ogres if they were a new playable race in the next expansion?

Playable classes:

Warrior

Mage

Warlock

Mage

Priest

Shaman

NO DKS OR MONKS
    Fixed. And yes, I would roll a 2 headed mage.

ogre monk would be a thing of beauty. I'd play that for sure
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Dont care much about what classes but their racials etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    It doesnt matter what classes there are i guess, just whatever anyone wants. Except paladins. Just no.

Depends on what the females looked like as we haven't seen any and all I play are female characters

I really prefer clever races. I don't see myself rolling an Ogre. Although I would be horrified/disappointed if they went in a cutsie/sexy direction with the females.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It doesnt matter what classes there are i guess, just whatever anyone wants. Except paladins. Just no.
    It matters a great deal. Ogres don't have the mental capacity to be a Monk, not really in tune enough to be a Pally, too big to be a rogue (like a tauren), and dear god we don't need ANY MORE DKs lol. I think if Ogres were playable, they should be restricted to the current NPC class versions. Warrior, Shaman, Priest, Mage, or Lock. I don't even think hunter should make the list since that requires some coordination which large, fat races like Ogres just don't have

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, Ogres for the Horde is a must, as the High Elves for the Alliance...

And for those who want playable ogres (and for those not too): http://ogrila.org/

I'd consider it if the casting animations were good. Ogres are interesting.

It matters a great deal. Ogres don't have the mental capacity to be a Monk...
    If they can be mages, I don't see what would be so hard about being monks. Warcraft II ogres beat things up with their fists, as I recall, so the theme would be rather fitting.

No rogues, though, for obvious reasons. Might as well let them be DKs, as they'd look awesome and it makes sense lore-wise (I don't remember seeing any in WotLK, but I don't remember seeing any goblin DKs either). If I were the Lich King, I'd want ogre death knights.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'd love to roll an ogre warrior or maybe a two-headed ogre mage, but I wouldn't make it my main.

I can easily see ogres as priests (think primitive priests, like a troll) and hunters (there are quite a few in Outlands). Death knights, monks and rogues... can be done, but we'd have to stretch the lore a bit to make it happen, almost as much as we did to include tauren paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    If they can be mages, I don't see what would be so hard about being monks. Warcraft II ogres beat things up with their fists, as I recall, so the theme would be rather fitting.
    There are already enough Monks in the world, plus, Orges are a less than "peaceful" bunch. I would also say no Monks for High Elves. Then again, I would rather just make Ogres available to both sides like the pandas. Either way no Rogues, DKs, Pallys, Hunters, or Monks. They just make no sense in the Ogre lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Probably be my Prot Warrior .

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Re-roll? Nah. Create a new character? Yes.

Also, classes would probably be Warrior, Hunter, Priest, Mage, Warlock and Shaman - obviously the caster-classes gets to be the two-headed kind.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Would you need to loot two helms? Or maybe that is the racial... nwah to OP

Insta-reroll an Ogre Mage. Been waiting for the race forever, my cloth heirlooms are just rotting and waiting for my Ogre Mage to step out of the light. I wouldn't like being a 2-headed one though, I don't really like the idea of having two characters in one.

Also, for people discussing classes, Hunter is a viable choice, Ogres have tamed wild animals before.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Ogre

Barbarian, Warrior, Mage, Bone crusher (RPG), Hunter, Witch doctor (WoW), Priest, Mauler (WC3), Shaman, Warlock (WoW)

Guess I was wrong about the hunter class. Would still hate the idea of more huntards in the game than necessary lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Yep, Ogres for the Horde is a must, as the High Elves for the Alliance...

And for those who want playable ogres (and for those not too): http://ogrila.org/
    High elves may be a sub race of night elfs but not its own race.

If anything the new races would look like this:

Horde: Ogres

Alliance: Etherals

Quote Originally Posted by mack8772 View Post
    Would you need to loot two helms? Or maybe that is the racial... nwah to OP
    No, the helm would only go on one head. If someone got two helms, that would up their iLvL and stats and the QQ would go through the damn ROOF. One helm only and the player picks which head to put it on.