Bliazzard API loot tracking

I don't know if this goes here but here goes:

So my GM has given me a challenge...figure out how to track loot using the blizzard api "If we could figure that out then we could populate our databases automatically"
    I think they want me to figure out who got loot and from what bosses and when. I offered to write it down and upload it as a spreed sheet but this is this challenge I was given.

Problem is...I have no idea what the Blizz API is or how to use now that I'm looking at it. Help!
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

Your Guild news page tells you who looted what recently. That would be an easier resource. It tracks epics and legendaries.

Deleted
    use this URL: us.battle.net/api/wow/guild/alexstrasza/Lords%20of%20Alexstrasza?fields=news

Fetches the news in a JSON structure.

Now how would I convert that into a google spreadsheet. My brain is so fried right now >_<

Deleted
    You either manually parse the entries and enter them into the docs OR write software to do it for you.

For the later option, you'll need to read and parse the data from the battle.net API then upload it to google docs.

Battle.net API: blizzard.github.com/api-wow-docs/
    JSON: w3schools.com/json/default.asp
    Google Spreadsheet API: developers.google.com/google-apps/spreadsheets/

EDIT* Upon rereading your original post I now understand that what you wanted was the first option, manual entry.

1) go to us.battle.net/api/wow/guild/alexstrasza/Lords%20of%20Alexstrasza?fields=news
    2) Select all and copy
    3) go to jsbeautifier.org/
    4) paste the data and click "Beautify Javascript or HTML"
    5) scan the page and look for entries starting with "type": "itemLoot", Your eyes will adjust eventually and it'll become much easier.
    6) Copy the relevant data from the next 3 lines.
    7) Mark your place. Use the timestamp so you'll remember the last entry you copied.
    Last edited by mmoc446ae3247f; 2012-12-29 at 02:17 AM.

Gonna give that a try right now, thank you