View Poll Results: Where to visit spring 2013?

Voters
265. This poll is closed
  • Japan

210 79.25%
  • Korea

55 20.75%

Thread: Japan or Korea?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Japan or Korea?

Taking a vacation soon to either Japan or Korea but can't decide which one. Any suggestions or experienced travelers?

What's the difference.

LOL can you imagine a post like that. Go to Japan, they're the technologically cooler one.

ye japan has got this hi-tec vibe to it. i'd go japan first, tho i would love to visit korea as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to Japan. More to do and friendlier people. Better food too!

Depending on how long you're there, you can also just take a weekend trip to southern Korea. Pusan is only 2 hours from Narita by plane.
    Last edited by Beavis; 2012-12-28 at 11:20 PM.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Deleted
    Korea, but only if you're a political geek like me and wanna see North Korea while you're at it. Else Japan.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dad was stationed in Japan and South Korea and he said he prefers the Japanese food and scenery to South Korea so I'd go Japan.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Obviously South Korea and go see the DMZ if they allow people too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Japan, but South Korea might be cheaper.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

If you go to Japan, be forewarned that, contrary to popular belief, their technology and the internet in general is pretty much stuck in the stone age. Outside of Tokyo, banks apparently don't know what either Visa or MasterCard are and, as such, there's no such thing as an ATM or Point of Sale that will work with your card. It's pretty much cash only in the entire country. The only places it's not like that are in Tokyo and Kyoto. Both cities are stupidly expensive as well.

I'm absolutely serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those wouldn't be my first choice vacation spots but if i had to choose i'd probably go Japan. Just seems like more to do and see but i'm ignorant about both countries so what ever your more curious to see! Just stay away from North Korea ! GANGNAM STYLE
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither, stay at home save money, but if you have to, I would suggest Korea, Not because i like one anymore than the other, Japanese people seem to have gone through a lot already due to some natural disasters, and probably need a break from visitors, coming just to ask stupid questions and stare at everything, just my guess.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Where do I start? Why is the first reply always a douchebag
    So you didn't even bother scrolling down to see what he said. Which means you didn't notice the extra long post section, and you called him a douchebag... classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Those wouldn't be my first choice vacation spots but if i had to choose i'd probably go Japan. Just seems like more to do and see but i'm ignorant about both countries so what ever your more curious to see! Just stay away from North Korea ! GANGNAM STYLE

You don't know how long I've been waiting to bust that image out in an appropriate situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Neither, stay at home save money, but if you have to, I would suggest Korea, Not because i like one anymore than the other, Japanese people seem to have gone through a lot already due to some natural disasters, and probably need a break from visitors, coming just to ask stupid questions and stare at everything, just my guess.
    I really don't like this post "Japanese people need a break from all you Gaijin" is what I pretty much just read... all those Gaijin = profit for their country, which they really need.

One week to both

Japan is probably the best place to go on vacation.

Since Ill be living in Korea for 5 months, I'd say Japan ^^

Deleted
    I'd choose Japan, but only 'cause I'm a weeaboo.

I would take South Korea. I could be mistaking but i think they are a bit more international than Japan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I really don't like this post "Japanese people need a break from all you Gaijin" is what I pretty much just read... all those Gaijin = profit for their country, which they really need.

Well it is just a guess, i am not from there, but I know they probably get a lot of slack jawed tourist, and probably the majority of the people that live there probably hate it, but i could be wrong, you live in or from Japan?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    North Korea would be intersting to visit, and I'm a big fan of South Korean culture, but I think Japan would be a better place for vacation.

South Korea has Lotte World and Caribbean Bay though.. they both look quite fun!
    I prefer North Korea in that case.