Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Gara'jal HC tank add (possible and semi-confirmed) tip

While we were doing gara'jal hc the other day i noticed something that makes the tanks life somewhat easier and since i havent seen it in any guide (video or written) i thought to post it.
    OK, as we know when the tank gets banished he gets 3 severer of souls that meed to be killed for him to get out of the spirit realm, but he cant kill them alone so he needs the help of the dps to kill them but they can see only 2 of them. While we were progressing we tried to time it so the dpsers could call which adds could see (we gave a mark on each spawn point and called the colors) but it was messy until i noticed this:
    the severer that ONLY the tank can see has a reddish color while the rest are greenish

the image is a bit crap but i hope you can see the color of the tank only add.

hope this helps

edit : changed title
    Last edited by mmocd15301155a; 2012-12-24 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    Nah its just random what add is red tbh. I thought the same thing but on other attempts the dps was killing the red one. We had similar trouble but the best solution for us was to wait a few seconds before the first group enter the spirit realm. This made everything line up better. Before the dps was leaving the realm as i was getting banished but with them waiting maybe 5 seconds the full encounter was so much easier. Touch of death helps mind you
    Last edited by mmoc9ac1d3cf4b; 2012-12-24 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    When i noticed it i asked my co tank to verify it but at that try he couldnt, on next try he actually did the same thing attacked the red only add and left the other 2 for the dps, it worked without need for any delay or anything to the dps entering the spirit realm.
    Maybe a bug, i dont know, but honestly it helped us a lot and actually was always the same thing, the dps that entered the spirit realm could see only the non red adds.
    Last edited by mmocd15301155a; 2012-12-24 at 09:37 AM.

The red one is the one only the tank can see.

End story.

The white ones are the ones that every player can see.

End story.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post

End story.

End story.
    this. which has been known since day 1?

Deleted
    Whilst it is in no guide etc it is very important and true.

Was our issue when we were progressing it until we found this out

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense, but your tanks are pretty dumb if they can't figure this out on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Knowing this definitely saves a few wipes.

Also you can eat and drink at the same time!

What? This isn't the Tips for Noobs thread? Oh..
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post

End story.

End story.

^^ And yes, it's been known since day one

not only that but you will figure this out eventually... if you didnt, as not knowing this makes the fight stupidly random and if u got a kill on this boss without knowing that then you got pro dps or just lucky lol

Deleted
    you've put some effort into it and are not vulgar, unlike most trolls.

7/10, i like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc101 View Post
    Not all know it and for sure not those that went there for the first time since its not included in no guides

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    No offense, but your tanks are pretty dumb if they can't figure this out on their own.
    No offense but you are dumb, if someone goes there for the first time he WON'T know it and i was trying to save them some wipes because of that, but then i guess some ppl are just too 'pro' and think that everything is granted.

Some of you think that i was trolling, i wasn't.
    Some of you think that this was known to every player from day one, although not all have been there and its not noted in any guide, well it wasn't.
    But then again i guess all of you ''pros'' are too ''pro'' to think that some might not noticed it and i was merely trying to help them with my experience on that matter.

Oh well, it seems that trying to help others is frowned upon after all, silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    ^^ And yes, it's been known since day one
    While some people may have known about this since day 1 I could not find this on any guide I read and as a result was 1 of the reasons my raid were wiping to this boss, after figuring this out we killed it 2 tries later. It is not plainly obvious with everything going on and I sm sure many other raids will wipe to this due to not knowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    How arrogant you are, this is not something that is plain and clear to see, as you can see with just a handful of posters in this topic it was not obvious so to personally attack players who do not see it is simply arrogant and rude.

My anger to some of these response stems from the fact the OP is simply posting something which I know for a fact will assist other raids/tanks in killing this boss, something that will cause other raids to wipe not knowing, however some people cant see past there own short sighted vision to understand that everyone is different and we cannot all be perfect.

Nice find tbh and I welcome it as I am sure many others will.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Deleted
    well, the tank's severer of souls has always been red, even on normal mode. it's not like there's some surprising change of colors here?
    Last edited by mmocc23bbb0a5f; 2012-12-24 at 06:52 PM.

I always told DPS to attack the ones they saw and when I was in I would attack the one at 100% hp and had no dots on it, cuz it's safe to assume that is the one that they can't see correct??? Never ran into an issue with this even on our first attempts lol.

I suppose there's no way of knowing this if you don't read the dungeon journal which explicitly states One of these Severers of Souls is only visible to the banished victim. The other two are visible to the raid.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by zora View Post
    well, the tank's severer of souls has always been red, even on normal mode. it's not like there's some surprising change of colors here?
    Basically this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    I suppose there's no way of knowing this if you don't read the dungeon journal which explicitly states One of these Severers of Souls is only visible to the banished victim. The other two are visible to the raid.
    The problem with the Dungeon Journal on Heroic Gara'jal is that is says Tank sees 1, Raid Sees 2. In reality the raid sees 2, while the tank can see all 3. We killed Gara'jal on heroic after over a hundred wipes when it was first released, I was playing a hunter at the time and to be honest, I'm very disappointed that our tanks didn't pick up on the color difference, it wasn't until I tanked Gara'jal several weeks later that I saw it because I saw all 3 as the tank.

Thanks for the tip, I'm sure many still progressing on the fight can put it to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    not only that but you will figure this out eventually... if you didnt, as not knowing this makes the fight stupidly random and if u got a kill on this boss without knowing that then you got pro dps or just lucky lol
    I had no idea. I've always just had our DPS focus on severers first whenever they're up. They're pretty squishy, so it wasn't a big deal. We wiped once or twice early on to the tank dying down there, but once DPS got used to killed them asap, it was fine. We never had to time sending DPS with banishment or anything. Pretty sure we killed it in 3-4 pulls tops without ever knowing one of them was red and could only be seen by the tanks. Maybe they thought it was too obvious to even mention.