Deleted

Problems while videos are buffering

I'm assuming this is the place to post, if not, I'm a moron.

Since a few weeks i've had problems while loading videos on most sites. Youtube being the most annoying. 360/480p is fine, but when i set it to 720p or higher, my entire computer just starts lagging like hell and my current browser (happens in every browser) crashes if I do anything. Even moving my mouse is enough. one of few things happen:

Flash plugin crashes
    Browser crashes
    Video doesn't load at all.

Once it's done buffering, the 'lag' goes and I'm free to do anything without problems. Yet the main issue is not being able to watch/do anything while it's buffering. Does anyone have experience with this and have a few ideas on how to fix this?

I've allready tried clearing cookies, scanned for virusses/keyloggers, etc. Nothing shows any problem.

Not the most technical person, so I'm stabbing in the dark, have you updated drivers, browsers, etc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Not the most technical person, so I'm stabbing in the dark, have you updated drivers, browsers, etc?
    Yup, and yup.

I had a similar problem a while back. Download firefox (if you don't have it already) and get the adblocker+ add-on. The problem sounds like it's coming from advertisements loading in the background and on banners at the websites. Good luck!!
    Pokemon Y FC: 0791 - 2268 - 4024
    PM me if you add me so I can get you back
    My RP Characters: Tobias Greyfang Oliver Ogleton Gar Plainstrider

10+ Year Old Account
    What browser are you using?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    What browser are you using?
    Tried all browsers, happened in all.

I'll try the addblocker thing and see if that works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    sounds like you sir, has a virus.....
    Done pretty much everything possible to make sure it's not a virus. Wich is why I'm at a loss lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scan you pc with severel different anti virus and show us the logs.

Try open your pc in panic mode. And see if it does it still.

Try redownload the second newest driver that worked for you maybe be a driver failure.

And try adblocker+ don't know if it will work. highly doubt it but computers can be feeble things.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    I'll put up the logs after new year, pretty sure I don't have a virus though.

Are you running low on RAM during playback?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Cronus View Post
    Are you running low on RAM during playback?
    No. Well, 95% of the time it's no. Rarely it's yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your ram spikes to above 50-75% my philosophy has always been get more ram. So if you have 8 gb and its using above 50% of it, double it, ram is cheap right now. Course that doesn't really answer your question, from reading your post it sounds like a memory issue though. I.E. cant watch while buffering, but once buffered it plays with no issues. Post your specs please, cpu ram gpu yada yada.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

If you get RAM underrun you should have a look at task manager and see how many processes are running and which ones you dont need to have up. Common problem especially in older windows installations.

Have you updated flash?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno