Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Looks great compared to the pile of shit that was skyward sword, I just hope it has support for real controllers instead of the Wiimote as the Wiimote single handily ruined the game for many longtime Zelda fans.

Don't get me wrong the Wiimote has it's place but that place is not in complex RPG or Adventure games that tend to be played for several hours at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'll wait for the PS3 port.

(((Yes, I am being somewhat serious. I wish they would just take the plunge already... :P)))
    I'd rather the series go to PC or Xbox than to Sony, no thanks. I'd actually rather the series to just stop when Nintendo does if the only other option was that Sony got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I'd rather the series go to PC or Xbox than to Sony, no thanks. I'd actually rather the series to just stop when Nintendo does if the only other option was that Sony got it.
    I wish every game went to PC.

A wish that should come true, as there is no reason for it not to.

;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    But yeah they already confirmed, there will be the use of the wii u pad, but in a whole new way that wasn't mentioned.

So expect traditional gameplay combined with new innovations with the wii u pad.
    The game will come with a special strap. The gamepad is the shield and the wiimote is the sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I wish every game went to PC.

A wish that should come true, as there is no reason for it not to.

;_;
    emulators

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    emulators
    But, that's illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    emulators
    Why would you do such an awful thing.

It's better to never play the game at all then do something like that!

Deleted
    First Wii U title that interests me.

hope by 2014 the price for the console has dropped a little.

But yeah they already confirmed, there will be the use of the wii u pad, but in a whole new way that wasn't mentioned.

So expect traditional gameplay combined with new innovations with the wii u pad.
    "Confirmed" by an anonymous source. I'll believe it when I see it in person, or confirmed by a real person.

I don't doubt it though. There's no way they would pass up the chance to show off their new controller with Zelda.

I kind of liked the motion controls. Oh well, I'm sure they'll come up with something just as cool on the gamepad.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    "Confirmed" by an anonymous source. I'll believe it when I see it in person, or confirmed by a real person.

I don't doubt it though. There's no way they would pass up the chance to show off their new controller with Zelda.

I kind of liked the motion controls. Oh well, I'm sure they'll come up with something just as cool on the gamepad.
    Read the links, they are taken from interviews with Satoru Iwata

Read the links, they are taken from interviews with Satoru Iwata
    I skimmed through them, and the only mention of the gamepad I saw was by a "source in Japan". I guess I'll have to go through them more thoroughly.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That tech demo was nothing more then a performance benchmark to show the Wii U's capability, I doubt any of that content makes it into the released game, but you never know. Nintendo have been known to prove developers wrong when it comes to their hardware and they really need to have a proper Zelda announcement at E3 next year with enough content and high end graphics, to prove all the stupid lazy ass developers who have been complaining about the Wii U's performance, that they are wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'll wait for the PS3 port.

(((Yes, I am being somewhat serious. I wish they would just take the plunge already... :P)))
    lolololol, you are aware that Sony has no money right? Sony hasn't been profitable since the PS3 launched, meanwhile Nintendo continues to thrive and sell their products like hot cakes and make money. It's amusing how the Wii U, with it's rather small library of good games at the moment, continues to sell out, meanwhile Sony is still trying to catch up to the Wii's success, and probably won't because it will be discontinued by then and no one is going to buy an obsolete piece of crap like the PS3 when you can get better graphics and better games on the Wii U for nearly the same price. Sony will be out of business before Nintendo even comes close to bankruptcy.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-12-29 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    I hope they ditch the "painterly" cel-shaded style from Skyward Sword. It worked well for a title on less than average tech, but with full HD? No way, go for colorful, realistic detail, cel-shaded looks neat but it doesn't offer much detail.

And the only reason why devs have complained about the power of the Wii U compared to the other two is because it has new tech and they don't yet know how to optimize it: A strong GPGPU instead of a powerful CPU can do much more than the current, old setups can.
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2012-12-29 at 04:07 PM.

As for online play Nintendo states, “Online multiplayer was never on the drawing board, they’re sticking with the tried and tested Zelda formula. It’ll have some online features like Miiverse and some sort of system where players can leave hints and help each other in the dungeons. That’s about it”.
    I like. Now if we just add undead everywhere...

I'm actually looking forward to see where they've 'placed' this game in the Zelda timeline, as I've always loved the lore, storyline and just everything there is to it. It's gonna be good I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    I like. Now if we just add undead everywhere...
    Why would they do that?

Deleted
    Is it only me or is the soundtrack horrible? It sounds terribly off tune and just plain bad?

That trailer actually made me not look forward to the game that much

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Why would you do such an awful thing.

It's better to never play the game at all then do something like that!
    huh ? whats the difference between playing a wii game emulated and normally ?

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Is it only me or is the soundtrack horrible? It sounds terribly off tune and just plain bad?

That trailer actually made me not look forward to the game that much
    It's not a trailer, it's a tech demo, the music was also added in by fans, not by Nintendo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It's not a trailer, it's a tech demo, the music was also added in by fans, not by Nintendo.
    Thats good news i guess. Maybe the one who made the demo is tone deaf. One can only hope

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't fucking wait to see some footage of this game. I really hope these rumors are all true about the game. I love the fact the dungeons are going to be really big and are in 3 parts and that it takes hours to complete, I love that. I also like that they are sticking with the Skyward Sword graphics, I liked that style, probably even more than Twilight Princess. Damn I wish it was this year that it was coming out but oh well plenty of other games to play until then.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe