Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Adventure Time Discussion

So after checking around this forum I've seen a lack of mention of this awesome show. So I thought i would start a discussion thread for all things adventure time.

I honestly have just 3 priorities for what i want to see.

1. just something I would like to see but not strongly. Some form of cross over between Fin and Fiona (like i said, would just be neat)

2. I know this will happen eventually but, lets see Jake's pups already, what do cross breed dog/rainicorns look like?

3. and most importantly to me. MORE OF SIMON. especially if it's the story of him and Marceline. After i saw "I remember you" (I don't really keep up with the show as much as i would like so i only saw it a few weeks ago) I have been seriously craving all the info i can get of their past, even if it's just fan speculation.

so what do you guys think about the show?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the show it's pretty cool. My kids watch cartoon network and it's one of the shows that I can stand(can't stand gumball) I do like Regular show better but that's because muscle man is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i did do some searching and i found answers to some of my questions.

as for 1. somewhere (haven't seen the source but apparently it was in some interview) the creator pendleton ward said that fin will never meet fiona although there is an episode coming this season about fiona and marshal lee called "bad little boy", according to the episode order list for this season it should be next but has no air date.

2. january 7 will be the episode "jake the dad" which i believe is obvious what happens there (according to the list i mentioned before it should be the one after "bad little boy")

3. there is another episode coming this season called "simon and marcy" but it is way in the future and does not have an air date confirmed (about mid to late in the season)

if we get an episode completely dedicated to those two in the past rather than a series of flashbacks i will be so happy

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:51 PM ----------

oh yeah got the source for the list i was talking about earlier, seems that when dates are announced the episode order tends to change so bad little boy is coming later (after jan 28th)

source http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.

Weird, but awesome. I'm closing in on season 2.

It's gotten my attention the same way ponies did: by completely destroying my expectations.

(ಠ_ಠ) what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Weird, but awesome. I'm closing in on season 2.

It's gotten my attention the same way ponies did: by completely destroying my expectations.

(ಠ_ಠ) what.
    wtf ward.... wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    so seven days until the hiatus is over and we get to see rainicorn/dog hybrids... can't wait

oh and also it seems that someone made an online cardgame for cardwars that actually works (the program it is hosted on is still in beta so the online isn't always up, also it is able to play any type of cardgame if you just have the plugin for it) not many people know about it so there isn't really much of a crowd on the program in general much less cardwars

LINKS *rules*https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwNr...p1UTlDOHM/edit
    *pics of all the cards*http://s741.beta.photobucket.com/use...rdWarsDownload
    *program to run it all*http://www.lackeyccg.com/
    *plugin*http://www.mediafire.com/?7yoelt7ahj9fbeh

just make sure to take the plugin, unzip it and then put it in the plugin folder to play the game. there are 6 premade decks but you can make your own.

1. There was a clip showing a preview from the current season where Fiona is asking Finn what he is doing in Her house

2. more on this to come this season

3. if you saw the 2 part episode at the end of last season they went into it some.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    1. There was a clip showing a preview from the current season where Fiona is asking Finn what he is doing in Her house

2. more on this to come this season

3. if you saw the 2 part episode at the end of last season they went into it some.
    please direct me to this clip.... i think i have heard about it (just heard someone calling it fake) but regardless i want to see it.

2 yep next monday

3 you mean fin the human and jake the dog? that's the only 2 parter involving them that i know of that happened recently. but yes i know about what their history is but i just have an insatiable craving for details, but at some point this season there will be an episode dedicated to it (simon and marcy)

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    please direct me to this clip.... i think i have heard about it (just heard someone calling it fake) but regardless i want to see it.

2 yep next monday

3 you mean fin the human and jake the dog? that's the only 2 parter involving them that i know of that happened recently. but yes i know about what their history is but i just have an insatiable craving for details, but at some point this season there will be an episode dedicated to it (simon and marcy)
    let me see if i can find it, it was the season preview trailer having clips from lots of episdoes and it had fionna asking finn why he was in her house.

well i cant find it, so idk.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2013-01-03 at 03:41 AM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the dumbest show I have ever seen on TV. I'm tempted to block Cartoon Network on my little brothers TV so he doesn't grow up to be a retard.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    This is the dumbest show I have ever seen on TV. I'm tempted to block Cartoon Network on my little brothers TV so he doesn't grow up to be a retard.
    That's a bad opinion, and you should feel bad for having it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    dude, it all depends on what episode you watch. some episodes are a collection of random nonsense (like the 5 short graybles series, hate those) but there are many episodes hidden in that are either chock full of adult humor (jailbait jokes in mortal recoil) or incredibly deep storylines.

seriously watch hollyjolly secrets, lady and peebles, and I remember you. just watch those episodes and see where you stand on this again.

but if you stand your ground then like Gamdwelf said, your opinions are bad and you should feel bad

It's fine to not like something, but if you are going to post in a discussion about it please try to be constructive about it. Also lets not bash people who hold different opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    dude, it all depends on what episode you watch. some episodes are a collection of random nonsense (like the 5 short graybles series, hate those) but there are many episodes hidden in that are either chock full of adult humor (jailbait jokes in mortal recoil) or incredibly deep storylines.
    Sorry I wasn't constructive in my first post but you are just reinforcing my point. Jailbait jokes on daytime cartoon network!?
    My opinion is bad because I don't want my 10 year old brother exposed to this crap. There are probably parts in this show that would make me laugh, but cartoon networks target demographic is supposed to be children! When I was younger (never thought I would be saying that) most of the shows on cartoon network were extremely entertaining and taught good lessons in the process, but you said it yourself, some of the episodes here are just random (ridiculous) nonsense...
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2013-01-03 at 09:44 PM.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Sorry I wasn't constructive in my first post but you are just reinforcing my point. Jailbait jokes on daytime cartoon network!?
    My opinion is bad because I don't want my 10 year old brother exposed to this crap. There are probably parts in this show that would make me laugh, but cartoon networks target demographic is supposed to be children!
    not all of their shows, like The Clone Wars, is more for star wars fans than kids. Regular Show is for adults straight up, that show is not kids at all. Adventure time is for kids but has references for older people who might watch the show so it doesn't have to be for just kids.

CN has targeted older people for many years, have you ever heard of Adult Swim?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    not all of their shows, like The Clone Wars, is more for star wars fans than kids. Regular Show is for adults straight up, that show is not kids at all. Adventure time is for kids but has references for older people who might watch the show so it doesn't have to be for just kids.

CN has targeted older people for many years, have you ever heard of Adult Swim?
    Yeah but Adult Swim doesn't start till like 9 or 10 o' clock, that is why I said daytime cartoon network.
    I haven't seen The Clone Wars on CN in a while but I don't watch it all that much anyways. Regular Show is a very popular daytime CN show also and you say it's for adults. I guess I can't really blame Adventure Time, just the shitty network it is played on.

Move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry i was trying to put a sarcastic air about that... worked better in my head

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 11:25 PM ----------

My opinion is bad because I don't want my 10 year old brother exposed to this crap. There are probably parts in this show that would make me laugh, but cartoon networks target demographic is supposed to be children! When I was younger (never thought I would be saying that) most of the shows on cartoon network were extremely entertaining and taught good lessons in the process, but you said it yourself, some of the episodes here are just random (ridiculous) nonsense...
    hey surprisingly, not many of the devoted fanbase got the joke... i find that weird. but i think i was on a different page than you, i thought you were saying that the show was mindless drivel (the classic "all cartoons today are crap" argument you hear these days from the "90's kids") but if you're just saying that it is too adult for the show time then i can understand more, just don't take it out on the channel. there are plenty of things that your kid could watch on cn that are more appropriate.

EDIT: oh and remember, a proper cartoon is 70% child like and 30% adult like. it's a combination used for years in the cartoon industry (heck look at toystory) it's so that the child can watch the show and enjoy it while the parent can sit beside them and enjoy it as well with references that are done well that the child will not get. oh and also the random nonsense part tends to go to every children's show.
    Last edited by ranku; 2013-01-03 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so.... who else thought that jake jr was very freaky looking? i mean just look at that

though i had just heard a theory about her, that she is deformed due to Ricardo tieing lady into a bow while she was pregnant

so.... who else thought that jake jr was very freaky looking? i mean just look at that

though i had just heard a theory about her, that she is deformed due to Ricardo tieing lady into a bow while she was pregnant
    I think everybody though Jake Jr was freaky looking.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    though on another note, the next episode just seems creepy.

here's the preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxx--u85qqA

this just freaks me out and also disappoints me that finn's hair will not get ridiculously long any time soon (don't know why this disappoints me but it just does)