Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Yeah but Adult Swim doesn't start till like 9 or 10 o' clock, that is why I said daytime cartoon network.
    I haven't seen The Clone Wars on CN in a while but I don't watch it all that much anyways. Regular Show is a very popular daytime CN show also and you say it's for adults. I guess I can't really blame Adventure Time, just the shitty network it is played on.
    lol like kids with TV in their rooms or go to public school don't watch or know everything about Adult Swim anyhow. Hell you can watch TBS and see every episode of one season of family guy in a week at 5 p.m to 8 p.m
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Sorry I wasn't constructive in my first post but you are just reinforcing my point. Jailbait jokes on daytime cartoon network!?
    My opinion is bad because I don't want my 10 year old brother exposed to this crap. There are probably parts in this show that would make me laugh, but cartoon networks target demographic is supposed to be children! When I was younger (never thought I would be saying that) most of the shows on cartoon network were extremely entertaining and taught good lessons in the process, but you said it yourself, some of the episodes here are just random (ridiculous) nonsense...
    All cartoons on cartoon network are targeted to children to some degree, but also have a lot of subtle innuendo or subtext for older viewers. Back in the day it was Dexter's Laboratory, Courage the Cowardly Dog, old Spongebob (even though it isn't Cartoon Network), and now it's shows like Regular Show as well as Adventure Time. Some episodes of Adventure Time are swing and miss for me, but usually they're pretty smart and well written, I don't know if you've ever watched the show in depth, but a prime example of a really excellent episode is "I Remember You". Very emotional, somewhat dark, and well written.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    though on another note, the next episode just seems creepy.

here's the preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxx--u85qqA

this just freaks me out and also disappoints me that finn's hair will not get ridiculously long any time soon (don't know why this disappoints me but it just does)
    His Hero hair x_X

NOO!

OT: I agree with the OP, with all the points. Mainly everything with Simon and Marceline is just ridiculously good. I'm somewhat biased because they're both my two favorite characters in the show, but the flashback episodes with them (I remember you) are soooo good. So many feelings.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2013-01-09 at 01:03 AM.

so.... who else thought that jake jr was very freaky looking? i mean just look at that

though i had just heard a theory about her, that she is deformed due to Ricardo tieing lady into a bow while she was pregnant
    Lol yea.. but that episode was all around fun

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    OT: I agree with the OP, with all the points. Mainly everything with Simon and Marceline is just ridiculously good. I'm somewhat biased because they're both my two favorite characters in the show, but the flashback episodes with them (I remember you) are soooo good. So many feelings.
    That was a great episode, and yea I love anything where they go back in time with them, it's really interesting. Also, not sure why but that "daddy why'd you eat my fries" song is catchy and awesome.

I'd rather have a Regular Show thread!

You know who else would rather have a Regular Show thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I'd rather have a Regular Show thread!

You know who else would rather have a Regular Show thread?

If you say 'my mom' you're FIRED!
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

defiantly one of my favorite shows to come out in a while. that and reg show are great for stoners like me who watch this shit high. aside from the randomness and bright colors there are episodes that do hit me on a deep level, episodes like "i remember you" "finn the human/jake the dog" and "thank you" are classics in animation that should be looked at in the future. what i love best about it is its lack of caring to be deep and for that matter coherent one second and then whips me in the feels the next, its great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    defiantly one of my favorite shows to come out in a while. that and reg show are great for stoners like me who watch this shit high. aside from the randomness and bright colors there are episodes that do hit me on a deep level, episodes like "i remember you" "finn the human/jake the dog" and "thank you" are classics in animation that should be looked at in the future. what i love best about it is its lack of caring to be deep and for that matter coherent one second and then whips me in the feels the next, its great.

Also "Beemo Noir"... that was a fantastic episode

It's a pretty good show. I remember when I first watched it, it didn't really look like much but it started to grow on me. Even now, the first few episodes aren't really that great, but the show has really improved as it has come out. It has a lot of touching moments now, my favorite being Simon and his story.

It's actually kind of sureal to see good shows starting to come back. I had almost written off the idea of watching good cartoons anymore, especially since the old channels seem hell bent on filling the time slots with those god awful live action shows. It's nice to think that shows like Adventure Time can still be made these days. Crossing my fingers that the show will keep going strong and more will follow their example.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tonights episode was awsome... and the feels were epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Tonights episode was awsome... and the feels were epic
    ACCEPTABLE

Lemongrab best character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    ACCEPTABLE

Lemongrab best character

i can't stop laughing at that scene, that episode definately makes up for the hardcore trolling that fionna and cake fans got at the end.

also sneak peak of bad little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

They let Donald Glover Rap fucking awesome!
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    They let Donald Glover Rap fucking awesome!
    I concur! Dunno if I'm more excited about Glover making another appearance or NPH returning.

By the by, if you haven't checked it out, The Bravest Warriors, also created by Pendleton Ward, is a pretty fun, more adult oriented show that only airs on Youtube. I like it.

Also known as Faulchu

Lemongrab is best character.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jEYpvB2.png[IMG]
    i can't stop laughing at that scene, that episode definately makes up for the hardcore trolling that fionna and cake fans got at the end.
    also sneak peak of bad little boy.
    [video=youtube;e9cjeiGH-Ic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9cjeiGH-Ic[video]
    The Mystery Dungeon was a great episode. Then again, anything with Lemongrab is great. Also, I'm interested in how the next Fiona and Cake episode is going to go. Is it going to be another "fan-fiction" by the Ice King? If so, I wonder if they'll end it in a similarly silly way as they did with the first Fiona and Cake episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    The Mystery Dungeon was a great episode. Then again, anything with Lemongrab is great. Also, I'm interested in how the next Fiona and Cake episode is going to go. Is it going to be another "fan-fiction" by the Ice King? If so, I wonder if they'll end it in a similarly silly way as they did with the first Fiona and Cake episode.
    actually, according to the episode description, this one is supposed to be written by marceline (which looking at the fionnalee hints in the preview..... yeah)

the description says "In this special episode, the princesses are sick and tired of Ice King’s crazy Fionna and Cake stories, so Marceline stops by the Ice Kingdom to show him how it’s done."
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.

actually, according to the episode description, this one is supposed to be written by marceline (which looking at the fionnalee hints in the preview..... yeah)
    the description says "In this special episode, the princesses are sick and tired of Ice King’s crazy Fionna and Cake stories, so Marceline stops by the Ice Kingdom to show him how it’s done."
    I can't help but see the Ice King interrupting at the end and exclaiming how Fiona and Cake are crazy for him, and telling Marceline off in a humorous manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    I can't help but see the Ice King interrupting at the end and exclaiming how Fiona and Cake are crazy for him, and telling Marceline off in a humorous manner.
    hmm never thought of that, but i could totally see that happening. would be hilarious.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Horace View Post
    By the by, if you haven't checked it out, The Bravest Warriors, also created by Pendleton Ward, is a pretty fun, more adult oriented show that only airs on Youtube. I like it.

well thank you very much for sharing that show, i have now watched every episode and i must say, the emotion lord is freaking a hilarious