Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    better question is why implement crz when it doesnt actually help dead servers?
    Which servers and why not? It's sure helped the two dead realms I played on (I'm scattered between 5 realms, 2 which were dead now have a lively world again atleast)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    better question is why implement crz when it doesnt actually help dead servers?

It wasn't intended to anyways.....the fact people thought that it would is beyond me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Thing is he isn't complaining about the smokers, he is complaining about the few random assholes who decide to blow their smoke directly in his face.

I don't play on a pvp realm but from my point of view ganking lowbies is the equivalent of Evander holyfield getting in the ring with a little girl to ensure an easy victory, or a full grown man kicking a puppy just because he can.

Be it allowed or not, you are still considered a lowlife for praying on those who are clearly so much weaker than you that they have no means to defend themselves and in the majority of cases also lack the ability to escape.

Even in Vanilla when I did play on pvp realms their was an understanding among the majority of people on the server that lowbie ganking was a scumbag move, it was looked down upon, it worked well and we didn't need GC glorifying the actions of assholes.

Of course is the game was completely devoid of max level content thus your guildies had nothing to do other than swarm around the world increasing the numbers/proficient of their little army things would be different but as is the majority of guild's won't have your back while you level on a pvp realm as they gain no benefit by doing so.
    Wait, so now we're blaming the GAME for having too MUCH to do so that his high level buddies won't come bail him out of trouble?

... what? =S

And while ganking lowbies IS of questionable morality which never changed and never will it did not discourage people from it back then and will not today either. Only diffrence is there's alot more available to do it now. But that's looking aside the issue, as saying "What if alot of a-holes had suddenly moved to his realm?" is the same situration with the same blame to place.

Fact of the matter, we keep returning to the simple fact that he's on a server which allows a-hole...ery and it can be changed if he finds it worth it, or he can suck it up if he does'nt but nothing said here will change a thing about it and the majority will remain in strong disagreement by using sheer logic.

I mean, yes I agree with you a-holes are a-holes but beyond that you're not really presenting anything new or adding anything to the debate either, especially since you derailed to make it about another topic which is the morality of gankers - a topic I would gladly debate with you and I feel I would also strongly agree with you on, but that's not what this thread is about, what the matter in question is being discussed as nor what this topic will or should hopefully lead to, as that can easilly become a slippery slope that ends with "I quit this game for X reason!" which even further just rushes us from the main topic and debate.

I just noticed my own lack of punctuation there, sorry about that.
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2012-12-29 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Even in Vanilla when I did play on pvp realms their was an understanding among the majority of people on the server that lowbie ganking was a scumbag move, it was looked down upon, it worked well and we didn't need GC glorifying the actions of assholes.
    It certainly wasn't on my server - zones like stranglethorn, plaguelands or whatever were warzones. Point is that there was always the risk of repercussion which is in essence with the possibilities the new crz features offer entirely gone and that certainly feels plain retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    It certainly wasn't on my server - zones like stranglethorn, plaguelands or whatever were warzones. Point is that there was always the risk of repercussion which is in essence with the possibilities the new crz features offer entirely gone which to me is plain retarded.

I don't think he was glorifying it, I also don't think it's *retarded*. People have been clamoring for World PVP for awhile now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I don't think he was glorifying it, I also don't think it's *retarded*. People have been clamoring for World PVP for awhile now.
    Well if you are calling that absolutely risk free crap there world pvp so be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you are calling that absolutely risk free crap there world pvp so be it.
    PVP servers aren't risk free, unless I read that sentence wrong...cause it's hard for me to read it.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Darthcullen View Post
    Kasperio (I don't really want to quote your posts because this is directed for you not your posts) I honestly just want to experience pve content with my cousin. That's it. So I transfered from my pve realm to pvp with one of my main toons so that we could pve together. He joined a pvp realm to participate in wpvp in vanilla when it made sense. The reason I made this thread was just to see if other people were in my same predicament or not (sorry for a misleading title, am I able to change that? I made it when I was angry). I just feel wronged when I have to spend an extra $25, on top of what I am paying these people, just to go back to what I was experiencing on this realm prior to all the CRZ changes.
    Hey there buttercup I keep seeing you toss around the notion of spending $25 to rectify this issue, let me save you that money. Rolling on another server has never costed a dime. Don't blame Blizzard that you have to pay when there are ways to resolve the issue without cash.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure PvP is "Player versus Player" not "Equally levelled, geared and skilled player versus equally levelled, geared and skilled player" but I could be wrong ;D

Jokes aside, while I agree ganking is dishonorable at best, if you want to start defining PvP then atleast begin by breaking down the abbrivation and note that it's a player against another player, no mention made of skill, rank, level, gear, advantage or otherwise influence

PVP servers aren't risk free, unless I read that sentence wrong...cause it's hard for me to read it.
    Of course ganking on them is absolutely risk free by now. Flying mounts and the ability to hide on different servers or your capital city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I'm pretty sure PvP is "Player versus Player" not "Equally levelled, geared and skilled player versus equally levelled, geared and skilled player" but I could be wrong ;D
    I didn't claim that it was. Ganking in classic though could lead to "world pvp". Now you just go and hide on another server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Hey there buttercup I keep seeing you toss around the notion of spending $25 to rectify this issue, let me save you that money. Rolling on another server has never costed a dime. Don't blame Blizzard that you have to pay when there are ways to resolve the issue without cash.
    A Raiders fan whom I agree with?! This whole issue sure does bring people together atleast ;P

(Go Cowboys!)[COLOR="red"]

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course ganking on them is absolutely risk free by now. Flying mounts and the ability to hide on different servers or your capital city.

How is that a bad thing that people are able to hide. PVP doesn't suddenly mean people can be killed all they want. What you're suggesting goes far behind PVP.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted

I didn't claim that it was. Ganking in classic though could lead to "world pvp". Now you just go and hide on another server.
    Yeah, but ask yourself; Where am I comming from with this and what are my intentions by saying it?

So yeah, world PvP changed but PvP still is PvP even if it's not the same kind of PvP. Is that your point, that PvP changed? But we can both agree that it's still PvP, right? Even if just diffrent PvP hence the name PvP and abbrivation PvP. And I think I just had enough PvP for a month there xD

(No, I do NOT recieve endorsements for saying "PvP". I make my money by poking Aeluron like everybody else)

My opinion on this is that the people who are saying "You rolled a pvp server, you knew what to expect" aren't taking into account that when people rolled on a pvp server at 60 it wasn't anything like coming across a geared 90 vs an 80/70/etc. The scaling of gear has made it worse than it was then by no small stretch. A level 40 vs a level 60 could have possibly held his own long enough to get into a town or something where guards of appropriate level would help (which they did). I'm not against CRZ in it's effort to get people back out into the world, but I do think that after such a long time, so many changes to the game, such drastic gaps in gear/health/damage done now, that when Blizzard *did* implement it they should have offered free char transfers off pvp servers to those who wished to opt out of what was going to be a very different game than that they had been playing, and what they had signed up to play in vanilla/bc/wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    My opinion on this is that the people who are saying "You rolled a pvp server, you knew what to expect" aren't taking into account that when people rolled on a pvp server at 60 it wasn't anything like coming across a geared 90 vs an 80/70/etc. The scaling of gear has made it worse than it was then by no small stretch. A level 40 vs a level 60 could have possibly held his own long enough to get into a town or something where guards of appropriate level would help (which they did). I'm not against CRZ in it's effort to get people back out into the world, but I do think that after such a long time, so many changes to the game, such drastic gaps in gear/health/damage done now, that when Blizzard *did* implement it they should have offered free char transfers off pvp servers to those who wished to opt out of what was going to be a very different game than that they had been playing, and what they had signed up to play in vanilla/bc/wotlk.
    And if it unbalances the server population? Or did you not think of that.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Darthcullen View Post
    No gear on the ah for this level bracket that would get me closer to 226.
    So you are saying that at level 80 you have no items available to raise your average iLvl to 226 when you should be able to get:
    - Green lvl272 BoEs , the ones you say there is none at the AH (remember that you can use items of any armor class you can equip to raise the iLvL)
    - BoE crafted lvl 289 gear : tailoring has 4 pieces and embersilk can't be very expensive nowadays
    - PvP gear 270 lvl set and 264 lvl off set

So, if you don't have average ilvl 226 at lvl 80 is just because you don't want to, not just because the "evil PvPers" are camping cata lvl 80 zones.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Nice try, but no. The restaurant in question had ~300 smoker rooms with 1 or 2 smokers in them each for 8 years, but suddenly decided to corral the smokers and non-smokers in 40 rooms. And nobody wants them to stop smoking. People just want the 300 rooms back, like they ALWAYS had.

But I concede, people who keep visiting that restaurant get what they deserve.
    It doesn't matter how long the smokers were gone. You are not entitled to a free transfer because you don't like what the game seems like when it has a flourishing community. You are perfectly justified in leaving the server, but Blizzard did not make a mistake, thus they do not owe you anything. The only mistake was in your assumption, thus, it is you that should be remedying the situation yourself.

You can't honestly expect Blizzard to factor in things like this, it's just silly to think that way. Blizzard did nothing but create more traffic, which has always been a possibility.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    For the sake of arguement, I'll point out I used to play on A PvP server and gained the rank of Sergeant solely by ganking level 55's as level 60 in Searing Gorge. The level gaps in numbers were smaller, but a mage with Zandalari trinket and no diminishing returns on CC - or a rogue in general at 60 with even first tier dungeon set had a major advantage of someone levelling in greens. Just to point out the problem with this whole way of reasoning.

How is that a bad thing that people are able to hide.
    Let's see not ever having the risk of dieing yourself while engaging in those "pvp" encounters doesn't strike you as a bad design ?

10+ Year Old Account
    OP:

It does NOT matter back in vanilla your PvP server didn't have much PvP going.

What DOES matter is, you DID sign up to a PvP server, whether it was heavy PvP back then, does NOT change the fact that it can happen whenever, and when it does, you are pretty much just going to suck on it since it is a decision you made, and you KNOW the consequence when you made that decision.

Back in the restuarant anology. You went to a restaurant FOR SMOKERS, just because for the last 2 years of you visiting there weren't many smokers, does not means smokers cannot just come and smoke there. Now they did an advertisement and now lots of smokers coming and ruined your experience. Guess what, it has always been a place for smokers, YOU are the one that is in the wrong place. Time for you to either suck it up or move on.