Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    not saying that at all. of course even if someone vouches for a player they shouldnt be terrible. but its a hell of alot easier to get your feet thru the door if u know someone
    actually to get a raiding guild is not a problem, doesnt matter if you know any member or not, specially between 2 contests, when most guilds ended progress already and searching for new ppl for next one. Its not a problem for them to get few extra trials and check them during farm.

Showing them you are good raider and that they should keep you - this is the biggest problem.

Yes i know that PvE is easy, that its just fight with script etc. The problem is that wowprogress and worldoflogs shows its not.

I think I've been lucky on the recommending front. Most of the folks I put a word in for have done their stuff pretty well. Was a lock who was a bit too whiney being the exception but he still did good. It's a risk though and only worth it if you really are absolutely sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    actually to get a raiding guild is not a problem, doesnt matter if you know any member or not, specially between 2 contests, when most guilds ended progress already and searching for new ppl for next one. Its not a problem for them to get few extra trials and check them during farm.

Showing them you are good raider and that they should keep you - this is the biggest problem.

Yes i know that PvE is easy, that its just fight with script etc. The problem is that wowprogress and worldoflogs shows its not.
    i disagree. if a guild has 16/16H on farm, yes its normal for them to have trials to see what they can do but if that trial has no current exp or gear, good luck getting that far. showing a guild you are a good raider and that they should keep you should be the least of ur problems if you KNOW that you are a good raider. the problem is convincing them to give you a shot at all. which for this specific person, someone to vouch would go a LOONG way.

Having a vouch from a raiding member will go a long way in overlooking current gear, progress, and parses. It won't take them all the way but at least with us, it'll get you an interview (which we don't do often). While we're not competitors on the world scene, we're decently ranked so I imagine this input might be useful.

Personally, as an ex-competitive CS player myself, if I could verify your competitive history I'd probably consider vouching for someone as performing at a top level in gaming usually transfers well over to something less demanding like WoW outside of time constraints.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV