Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why was Demon Soul renamed Dark Soul?

Is it because of lol religion?

They didn't change the name of the Demon Soul artifact so it's highly unlikely.

Probably it was changed because not every spec was demon-focused like Demonology is.

Because Demon Soul is an artifact from lore. http://www.wowpedia.org/Demon_Soul

Because Blizz realized tying your demon to the buff was silly. Now it's spec based.

Although I do miss my 20% increased DoT damage ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    It was because of some copyright reason with them switching companies wasn't it?

----------------------
    Nevermind, thought you were talking about the single player RPG, not the Warlock ability lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure how that would fit, i mean Demon Soul, Dark Soul if one was likely to be offended by Demon Soul, I couldn't imagine Dark Soul is going to be much better seeing as how IF what you are saying is true, that wouldn't erase the foundation of what was build on.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Lol at my fail answer, was looking at a dark souls fansite earlier.

Anyways probably because dragons didn't fit the general demon theme. My best guess anyways.

it was because they wanted to make it a different enough IP that had nothing to do with demons souls so they could make it multiplatform instead of playstation specific. what does religion have anything to do with it. souls is religious if anything and that's in both titles.

WoW fail, i made the same mistake as the people above.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2012-12-29 at 04:57 AM.

I figured it was because you could now run a Warlock without a demon (Grimoire of Sacrifice) so having a spell that was tied to a demon wouldn't make sense with that talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard does not want u to believe u can be demon possesed, AND killing!
    Lol @ ppl saying its not religion, it has to be. just like the fiasco with the boss named "Lord Antrhicyst" that got name changed in the blink of an eye just because someone joked about it being similar to "Antichrist". All because some religious idiot could get offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Campechano View Post
    Blizzard does not want u to believe u can be demon possesed, AND killing!
    Lol @ ppl saying its not religion, it has to be. just like the fiasco with the boss named "Lord Antrhicyst" that got name changed in the blink of an eye just because someone joked about it being similar to "Antichrist". All because some religious idiot could get offended.
    When it was called Demon Soul it gave you an effect based on the Demon you had summoned
    Now the name has changed and instead it is based on your spec
    This isn't a coincidence

The original game Demons' Souls had the name copyrighted. When the team set out to make Demons' Souls 2 they couldn't name it that so they had to make a "spiritual successor" to Demons' Souls.

If you were referring to the warlock spell it is because they changed how it worked. Demon Soul required a demon and the buff it gave was dependent on which demon you had out. The buff determined what pet was used for which spec. In MoP they made the buff spec dependent and no longer require a pet since you won't always have one.
    Last edited by Harsesis; 2012-12-29 at 05:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    When it was called Demon Soul it gave you an effect based on the Demon you had summoned
    Now the name has changed and instead it is based on your spec
    This isn't a coincidence
    Agreed, but there have been inconsistencies in skill names for years, like dks having a skill named exactly after a warlock one and they were not so hasty to change it.
    Plus they did the same with Drunken haze renaming it for similar "moral" reasons. If memory doesnt fails me, drunken haze didnt even make it to live.
    This isn´t a coincidence
    Last edited by Sforza; 2012-12-29 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    The original game Demons' Souls had the name copyrighted. When the team set out to make Demons' Souls 2 they couldn't name it that so they had to make a "spiritual successor" to Demons' Souls.
    Reading fail, that's not what this is about. (Granted, I thought it was too at first ><)

I'd imagine it might possibly maybe have something to do with offending people...who knows. I too don't really understand why they changed it, but they did. /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Warlock Forum. Ability in WoW. Not the Videogame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Are we talking about the Warlock spell or the video game? I am thinking the game my self.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Warlock Forum. Ability in WoW. Not the Videogame.
    This isn't the Warlock forum but it is the WoW forum. lol

Okay, so remember Sacrificial Pact? The old spell icon had a pentagram on it. Not anymore. I think Blizz is trying to soften everything up and do away with dark stuff like that.

It was because it no longer requires a pet -- the whole theme of the spell was you infusing yourself with the soul of your current demon, and since it no longer works like that the name isn't entirely appropriate anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Okay, so remember Sacrificial Pact? The old spell icon had a pentagram on it. Not anymore. I think Blizz is trying to soften everything up and do away with dark stuff like that.
    That was changed because the pentagram is a religious symbol... no, not satanism - the pentagram is a symbol used by neo-pagans. They are friendly people and Blizzard using the pentagram and associating it with 'evil' would have been insulting to them.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-12-29 at 05:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    X2
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#V! There it is the new icon, very pathetic imo, wonder whats left for wow in some more time, play with ponies and teletubies.
    I think the Op got its answer already.
    Close plz
    Last edited by Sforza; 2012-12-29 at 05:38 AM.