New build turning on but no display

Recently finished my first build, however when I try to turn it on, the fans and LED lights are all turning on but nothing is showing on the monitor. The pc is connected to the monitor with a HDMI cable.
    These are the parts; https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php...ion=wish_lists
    Any help would be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick checklist.

1) Are both power cables plugged into the video card?
    2) Are both power cables plugged into the motherboard? (Both the 24 pin, and at least 4 of the 8 pin on the left near the CPU)
    3) Did you put in all the brass standoffs under the motherboard?
    4) Does your monitor have DVI to test if its the HDMI?

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) The case came with four brass standoffs and the motherboard has 6 holes, also if i connect the standoffs the dock at the back of the case doesnt align with the motherboard (hdmi port, usb etc.)
    4) I tested the monitor with the parts before assembling them in the case to test and it worked fine

edit: I think the standoffs may be built into the case cause the motherboard rests ontop of them perfectly aligned without me having to screw in any standoffs.
    Last edited by Alkin; 2012-12-29 at 05:56 AM.

I just had this problem today as well.I don't know if my problem is the same as yours, obviously but it sounds damn close.
    The Mobo had its own video card built in that I didn't know about so after I removed the separate video card it booted up just fine, and i would assume that the graphics can be switched to the separate card later.

Nah I don't think that is it, cause i tested the system with the video card before I assembled it inside the case and it seemed to work fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tested the monitor with the parts before assembling them in the case to test and it worked fine
    So, you tested the mobo and video card, with HDMI, outside the case first? If that's the case, I'd almost wonder if something is being shorted. It might not hurt to pull out the motherboard, double check, and put it back.

Just figured it out, i was plugging the HDMI into the motherboard instead of the video card. All sorted now, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by ericartmenez View Post
    I just had this problem today as well.I don't know if my problem is the same as yours, obviously but it sounds damn close.
    The Mobo had its own video card built in that I didn't know about so after I removed the separate video card it booted up just fine, and i would assume that the graphics can be switched to the separate card later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkin View Post
    Nah I don't think that is it, cause i tested the system with the video card before I assembled it inside the case and it seemed to work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkin View Post
    Just figured it out, i was plugging the HDMI into the motherboard instead of the video card. All sorted now, thanks for the help.
    It was 100% exactly what that poster had said. Reversed but 100% same principal. The mobo onboard video should work tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    It was 100% exactly what that poster had said. Reversed but 100% same principal. The mobo onboard video should work tho.
    If your BIOS detects there is an external GPU it usually just shuts off the iGPU