Thread: Enjoying Demo ?

Enjoying Demo ?

Hello,
    I played nothin but DEMO since WOTLK, until MOP that is. I guess FL and DS was when I began raiding regulary. Man, I loved our old rotation..... hand of guldan refreshed immolate, corruption, doom, shadowflame....it was so smooth and the timing of the dots worked out almost perfect.....now, I don't even feel like there is a rotation and if there is, the timing of the dots rarely lines up to be efficient for me.

I do great damage as affliction, but it's so stinking boring and it's getting oldfast

what am I missing, ? I would love to play Demo again but to me it feels broken and thrown together. Is there a rotation that makes demo feel " cleaner " and smooth ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you're asking for? Demo is a hugely involved spec that involves watching everything; the new model is a beast to get used to but it's just something you get used to. The only suggestion I can really come up with in respect to 'smoothing it', is not to stress about hard casting Corruption occasionally.

I'm loving Demo precisely because I don't feel it has a rigid rotation.

When I'm playing Destruction, I just keep doing the same rotation over and over until it becomes muscle memory and I'm watching TV.

Demonology allows me to choose what I do from moment to moment, and I rarely ever feel like I've accidentally gotten out of sync with a rotation. It's very dynamic.

Demo is a really nice spec, one of the many things you need to watch though are your CDs and ICDs, Demo is more about lining up your CDs and CD management, the 10 second CD on Meta being one of those many CDs

Armory^

I miss melee demo, but other than that, new demo > old demo.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Agreed, New demo>old demo from my perspective as well. Although void ray and the newly nerfed chaos wave rarely see the light of day anymore tbh. But the rest of the spec just feels so much better in both pve and pvp. Papa Luci approves of this

Yeah definatley new demo > old. Agree with void ray, the line idea is stupid, it should come out in like a v shape with like 6 to 8 lines for a better aoe/visual affect. Once you get the feel for it, it really is enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    Agreed, New demo>old demo from my perspective as well. Although void ray and the newly nerfed chaos wave rarely see the light of day anymore tbh. But the rest of the spec just feels so much better in both pve and pvp. Papa Luci approves of this
    Why are you not using Void Ray and why were you ever using Chaos Wave?

Jess when are you using Void Ray?

Armory^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Jess when are you using Void Ray?
    When I'm channeling Immolation aura, and stood on the tank's backside. It's much wider than it looks so it's pretty easy to aim through trashpacks. Keeps Corruption ticking too which is good for stuff that takes a while to die.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-12-29 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    When I'm channeling Immolation aura, and stood on the tank's backside. It's much wider than it looks so it's pretty easy to aim through trashpacks. Keeps Corruption ticking too which is good for stuff that takes a while to die.
    Ah I gotcha, I usually just spam Harvest Life with Immo Aura for trash packs

Armory^

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Even at 20% demonic rage you can drop two K-waves...then hellfire and imps (if you glyph them for bursty bits), you're right ack up to full demo fury straight away, then if you are taking damage use a cd or straight into demon form and with imps up k-wave won't eat so much fury as to matter on trash, if they still live imo aura and harvest life
    Even in crap gear a bigger trashpack can yield 150k dps, that's really bottom of the barrel.
    Demo lock is king of trash packs haha....I'm gonna go sit in a corner now. Maybe cry...
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Why are you not using Void Ray and why were you ever using Chaos Wave?
    Chaos wave I was using for pvp before the nerf Jess. Sorry for not being clear enough.