Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

How come black people have darker gums?

When i see most black people smile their gums are often black or very dark brown ( in a healthy mouth)
    But what causes this? Some don't have it at all or a little and some gums are just completely dark!
    Is it possible for white people to have this too in a healthy mouth? And if gums are darker sometimes why isn't the tongue ever diffrent?

This is a serious question btw.

Edit: I changed the title but appearently it doesent change it in the forum list. Sorry if its offensive I didn't mean for it to come over in such a way.
    I also know i should thought to use google, like i said in previous posts.
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2012-12-29 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? I don't even......
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm probably something genetic. Nature wanted them to be color coordinated?
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

It's probably just a pigment thing, carrying over into the gums. Is it really so odd?

ah how did I guess the OP was from Sweden?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a better question. Why is it that black peoples palms are pink and not black like the rest of their skin?
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2012-12-29 at 09:18 AM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Deleted
    They have differently coloured gums due to the melanin present in the genetic makeup, there are cosmetic procedures out there to lighten the gums but they were just created differently. It doesnt mean there inferior, or infact superior they were just made like that.

Curious question though, next time google it i'd say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes the gums may appear dark or black due to a higher concentration of melanin or imbalances in pigmentation. This condition occurs most commonly in darker-skinned races, but it can occur in any race.

an even better question would be why cant &$#@!! on the internet use google? that took 5 seconds

edit-Manakin beat me to it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Here is a better question. Why is it that black peoples palms are pink and not blank like the rest of their skin?
    It all cancels down to there genetic makeup with melanin, they also have no pigment there because guess why... The sun doesnt shine there aha so the skin doesnt naturally darken to combat various elements, it's curious yes but theres no harm in asking.

Deleted
    Yeah, i should have used google! Sometimes you just act before you think
    What? I don't even......
    Its not like its a weird question, As not all black people have it but some do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a better question. Why is it that black peoples palms are pink and not blank like the rest of their skin?

The melanocytes are at the junction of the Dermis and epidermis skin layers . On feet soles and palms of the hand, these areas have very thick epidermis, so the melanocytes ARE there, but its buried so deep in the skin, you dont see it really

imagine that .. 5 seconds on google again

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    It all cancels down to there genetic makeup with melanin, they also have no pigment there because guess why... The sun doesnt shine there aha so the skin doesnt naturally darken to combat various elements, it's curious yes but theres no harm in asking.
    Look, I am totally playing devil's advocate here, but I gotta say, if evolution made black skinned people's palms and feet pink due to lack of needing melanin there, I propose a very simple question:

Why aren't black people's grundle and asscrack pink?
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Deleted
    Humans have no pigment on the palms of their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    The melanocytes are at the junction of the Dermis and epidermis skin layers . On feet soles and palms of the hand, these areas have very thick epidermis, so the melanocytes ARE there, but its buried so deep in the skin, you dont see it really

imagine that .. 5 seconds on google again
    You really need to make use of this more often Sir. http://lmgtfy.com/

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-30 at 07:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    Yeah, i should have used google! Sometimes you just act before you think

Its not like its a weird question, As not all black people have it but some do.
    Curiosity killed the... cat. Damn wrong expression, no worries though!

Just because we are different cosmetically does not mean were not the same in the base makeup of our genetics, it's just a curious train of thought of how we were separately developed to deal with different enviroments

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Look, I am totally playing devil's advocate here, but I gotta say, if evolution made black skinned people's palms and feet pink due to lack of needing melanin there, I propose a very simple question:

Why aren't black people's grundle and asscrack pink?
    It is because the melanin on EVERY human being is weaker in these areas. Even white people have this.. Look at your hands and you will see a slight change in color from your palm to the back of your hand..

yup .. google , who da thunk

ctrl+c plus ctrl+v = genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    You really need to make use of this more often Sir. http://lmgtfy.com/
    Except for the fact that its against forum rules to post that because only smug assholes use it... He asked a question, if you dont like it leave the thread,

10+ Year Old Account
    I also wonder why they have 'white' hands and feet lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does this thread sound so much more offensive than it really is.

Deleted
    I wish I could say this was the weirdest thread I have ever seen here.