Deleted

are the monk buffs annoying to keep up?

Something that kept me away from my rogue is the stupid upkeep of things like recuperate, the bleed and slice and dice. Is it just as hard with the brew upkeep and the armor debuff? or does it come automatically with nice abilities. And are monks CD dependant?

Thanks in advance! =)

Deleted
    In the start i caught myself letting tiger power drop off alot but after playing it for a while it just came naturally. Same with tiger brew.

Deleted
    Tiger Strikes from Tiger Palm isn't annoying to keep up and even easier since 5.1 as you don't have to stack/keep it up x3, it adds all of it in 1 hit but you still have to keep it up - which in my opinion isn't annoying.

I think its only annoying when rising sun kick is about to come down but aside from that its faceroll.

I just hit 90 on my Windwalker Monk and so far I'm feeling like the Monk buffs are harder to keep up. I played a Combat rogue for almost all of the WotLK expansion (I think I played Mut for one patch or something) and found those rotations to be pretty easy. I wouldn't say the Monk rotation is difficult but there is a little bit more to it than a Combat Rogue, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    i find tiger power ez-pz to keep up

combo breaker seems to proc more then enough to keep the buff from expiring (even tho i never reforge or gem in mastery)

QoL changes to Tigereye brew in 5.2 will lead to generating more charges even quicker, and thus will give higher uptime, and thus will give higher overall damage (not to mention the NEW mastery increases the damage tigereye brew will give)

just gota remember to hit/expertise cap and tiger power is cake to keep up
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Honestly, I just threw together some weak auras for Tigereye Brew and Tiger Power (and a number to the right of each name that literally shows the stacks and time remaining) and one more that pops up with Tigereye Brew in red letters letting me know it's full.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Honestly, I just threw together some weak auras for Tigereye Brew and Tiger Power (and a number to the right of each name that literally shows the stacks and time remaining) and one more that pops up with Tigereye Brew in red letters letting me know it's full.
    Easy to set up with a lot of addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    Easy to set up with a lot of addons.
    And even easier with a single addon and a few minutes. Hence the "threw together" part.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

To answer the OP's question, a lot of it seems like maintenance but it really isn't. RSK debuff will always be up because it lasts 15 seconds, RSK is on an 8 second CD, and it's the hardest hitting ability anyways, there's no reason for it not to be up and it doesn't take any extra effort (except during AoE spam). Tiger Power is one button every 20 seconds with relatively minimal cost and sometimes free, definitely not an issue. Tigereye Brew... is a lot more complicated than something to keep up. In fact, trying to get 100% uptime with the damage buff is a sub-optimal way to play, it's more like a cooldown that you want to use with other procs.

And no, WW is not very CD dependent based solely on the fact that we don't have hardly any CDs to begin with

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    And even easier with a single addon and a few minutes. Hence the "threw together" part.
    Yeah lol and its just as easy to do with another addon as well, hence the 'other addons' part. There are more than 1 functional option to do the same thing and it doesn't mean you need to use several addons to do it

So my point being, weak auras ain't the only addon that can do that. I never said that OP need several addons for it - just that there are other options to do the same thing, as not everyone like weak auras.
    Last edited by mmoc93d738ac03; 2012-12-29 at 06:02 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the info!!

I would say its a little bit more lenient than rogues where you have to build combo points to keep up recuperate and slice n dice. The great thing about keeping up Tiger Palm is that part of our current mastery or future passive is that you can proc free tiger palms or blackout kicks. The best way is to save that free proc till your Tiger Palm is about to fall, but currently right now, when you have the Free Tiger Palm proc unused, it take double the amount of chi to build a Tiger Eye Stack, which is a known bug waiting to be fixed.