Master...stat rounding ?

I got a question about how our mastery bonus is computed and rounded off

EX* let's say I have 63.99 mastery....the tooltip will say you get a 63% bonus

Question is...do they round down, round up ? keep it exact ? .5's even ?

Question...if a player had 63.51 mastery, would they get a 63 % bonus ? a 63.5 % bonus ? or an exact 63.51 bonus ?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think 63,99% would give u 63,99%, but the tooltip says 63%
    (This is what i THINK, dont take my word for it)
    Same for the 63,51%, it might say 63% on tooltip, but the extra effect is 63,51%, i bet u can find it out if u start digging on IcyVeins.com or Elitistjerks.com
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    When they round they round down. Always.

And the % displayed on your character tab is the % you gain, I think. Anything else would be pretty weird. But if you have say 63,5199% mastery, you'd have 63,51%.

I think...

right, thanks for the responses, I just don't want to waste that .51 stats if I'm not getting credit for it, i'll forge it to something else

Deleted
    I wouldn't do that, but I might be wrong. In cataclysm, the tooltip for mastery said "for each mastery point you gain X% of effect Y", which led to believe that they would indeed round, and as sweetz said, when they round, they round down. Furthermore, in cataclysm, in the character tab showed the amount of mastery you had and not the % of the effect you would gain.
    Now, in mop, things changed a bit. In the character sheet, shows the % of the effect, so it isn't, from my point of view, totally ridiculous that for example for affliction, having mastery equivalent to 63.51% would increase your dots by 63.51% and not by 63% only, ie, its quite diferent to have a dot with base damage 10k that with the first situation becomes a 16351 dot, instead of a 16300 dot.
    But I'm not sure how it is calculated, and in fact, I'd actually be quite interested in hearing what others had to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get the stats... when you scroll over mastery, it'll show you your exact %... but when you highlight over it in your spell book, it'll only show the whole number rather than all the numbers after the decimal... it would be too long of a number to fit in the little tooltip if it did show the entire number.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You get the stats... when you scroll over mastery, it'll show you your exact %... but when you highlight over it in your spell book, it'll only show the whole number rather than all the numbers after the decimal... it would be too long of a number to fit in the little tooltip if it did show the entire number.
    This is also my understanding.

Every single point of mastery on your gear is used, but it may not display every single bit of it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    This is also my understanding.

Every single point of mastery on your gear is used, but it may not display every single bit of it.
    This should still be accurate. There's no reason to play with your stats to try to hit an exact percentage (of mastery). The dev team's been pushing against the idea of adding MORE mini-caps all over the place for reforging.

10+ Year Old Account
    As guardian, I can measure mastery exactly- gaining more of it increases my armor. Gaining 20 mastery rating increases armor by 20 points, even though it makes no difference in the percentage shown. I would assume its the same for all other classes as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery doesn't round, that is just the tooltip. Every point of mastery is going to give you the same bonus as the last point.

i think stats are calculated with their actual value :example:

67% mastery = 8453 points of master(that is just a random number) what i mean is they calculate it with the points not the percentage(they show the percentage just to be more informative) but that is me.. i might be totally wrong. but if i am wrong why they bother putting value points when they can do % on the gear?
    Borovinkata , TaHrA , Kazzak - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Attribute points per % scaling changes with each level. If/when the level cap raises (as opposed to alternate gearing concepts), at 91 67% will take MORE than 8,453 mastery. That, and (just using the 8,453 to 67% rather than checking the exact mastery % scaling), it takes approximately 126.164179 points to a %. The bottle of infinite stars (sorry, logged on my rogue atm), would have 8.55235% mastery... and don't forget that upgrading items shifts that value up just under 4% OF that 8.55235% twice. Then there's reforging...

Would you really want to read that on gear, before considering that mastery scales to % differently in different specs? We'd need different % readings for different specs, much less different classes that share gear, before considering future levels and the length of text.