24/7 recording with auto archiving?

So I can get 2 weeks of footage in a 2tb hdd with xsplit recording. I want to find a way to auto archive my footage into files on set intervals like 4/21/13 4/22/13 4/23/13 or even at set times like 4/21/13 12:00am 4/211/13 1:00am 4/21/13 2:00am so I don't have to search through 2 weeks of footage to find one clip. Is there a piece of software that does this or something? Thanks.

You're creepy.

Addendum: Very.

Don't post if you don't intend to help or add to the discussion/thread. Spam is not tolerated on these boards.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2013-04-22 at 12:49 AM.

If xsplit or whatever you're using to record does not support it, then you're screwed. Nothing can split video files that are being written in another application at the same time.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Maybe you can make an Autohotkey script that stops and start recording every hour.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Yay, another thread by djcoin!

Build a capture PC, or use a DVR.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Maybe you can make an Autohotkey script that stops and start recording every hour.
    This. Can be done easily with AutoIt. http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/

Code:
     Global $Paused, $t 
     HotKeySet("{F1}", "TogglePause") 
     HotKeySet("{F2}", "Terminate")   

While 1 
     	If $t = 1 Then  

Sleep(86400000) 
     		Send("{A}") 
     	        Sleep(200) 
     		Send("{B}") 

EndIf 
     	Sleep(150) 
     WEnd 

Func TogglePause() 
     	$Paused = NOT $Paused 
     	While $Paused 
     		sleep(200) 
     		ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0) 
     	WEnd 
     	ToolTip("") 
     EndFunc 

Func Terminate() 
     	Exit 0 
     EndFunc

F1 to start, F2 to end. Change A to your "stop record" hotkey and change B to your start recording hotkey. Change first 'sleep' to the delay (here 24 hours).

Just so I know I have this right. f1 to initiate autoit, f2 to stop autoit, than a and b for start/stop record which will automatically start and stop at set interval?

Yeah, but it wont be seamless if you stop/start recording this way.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djcoin View Post
    Just so I know I have this right. f1 to initiate autoit, f2 to stop autoit, than a and b for start/stop record which will automatically start and stop at set interval?
    As Vesseblah said, it won't be seamless merely due to the fact that you are turning off the recording and then starting it again.

You will need to compensate the 'sleep' (interval) between stopping and starting; i.e. the time it takes for the software to actually stop recording, save everything, and then be ready to restart. Pretty sure this time needs to be greater than 200 ms (I'd estimate around 1-2 seconds actually, maybe more).

You can add in any number of keypresses to the sequence if you so require:

Code:
     	        Sleep(86400000) 
     		Send("{A}") 
     	        Sleep(200) 
     		Send("{B}") 
     	        Sleep(200) 
     		Send("{C}") 
     	        Sleep(200) 
     		Send("{D}") 
     	        Sleep(200) 
     		Send("{E}")