Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Sadly the k90 is not on par w/ Elitekeyboards. Have an old Realforce Topre idk if I like topre or cherry better >.>
    What if I told you....K90 is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    What if I told you....K90 is good enough.
    And the OP said he wasn't willing to dump the difference in price into it. (And I personally find it quite overrated)

Deleted
    Corsair K90 is a good keyboard, but the fact that it's only semi-mechanical makes it fairly sub-par (especially with the price considered). Unless you really find the lack of LEDs or macro keys a deal breaker the K60 is probably the smarter choice, although it suffers from the same shortcomings.

The K90 in short:
    - A large bezel that messes with posture; due to it's size you will find your mouse area limited in space compared to a 'traditional' keyboard. It's simply too big.
    - Membrane keys on ESC, F1-12, delete, insert, etc as well as the macro keys over to the left.
    - Macro keys are on a separate, plastic bezel and sunk into the board. It makes them feel and look like an afterthought.
    - There's simply too many macro keys. 18 (x3) in total. I don't think anyone need that many.

I would personally instead recommend a tenkeyless board. It will be within your budget (less switches = lower price) and make for a nice browsing and gaming experience since it provides a nice posture from the get-go with the space between your hands being close to the same as the distance between your shoulders (less neck and shoulder ache after long sessions).

Many brands offer tenkeyless boards. I personally have a Filco and a CM Storm, and while the Filco offers a much sturdier bezel, better plastic and overall a better experience the CM Storm line is not far off - and for ~$75 they are excellent.

I can also recommend the previously mentioned Qpad boards, Ducky Shine series, Das Keyboard and so on, although I don't see them being within your budget range. I can't recommend the BlackWidow, although the 2013 iteration solved some of the issues with this particular product. It's still a low-end mechanical board compared to the competition. I'd also be wary of the Logitech G710+. Not because it's bad, but because it's fairly new and still, to an extent, has a slight price premium. (In comparison, I think the K90 was around ~1499 SEK when I first scouted for it and now can be picked up for ~899 SEK.)
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-12-31 at 12:18 AM.

I'm looking to purchase the Razer Black Widow 2013 Tournament Edition because it is one of the cheaper mechanical keyboards where I am and I like that it doesn't have a numpad. Anyone owners have comments about the black widow keyboards?

Infracted for thread necro.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2013-04-22 at 11:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have this Das Keyboard. The best keyboard I've ever had/used before. Do not be intimidated by the price, you will not regret the decision.

don't know if I can justify paying 50% more for one in that price range

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the Choc Mini with Reds. It's extremely nice.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    I use the QPAD-MK 80, awesome keyboard but out of your pricerange.

Maybe the Mk-50 or steelseries 6gv2? My friend has the 6g and he loves it

Deleted
    This is a thread necro from almost 4 months ago. Closing.