Deleted

Wink Its a game but still a person behind the screen

Something that I find annoying is this trade chat sometimes.. People can be so damn mean to other couse its a game so you can write anything about anyone.. That I ment to be rude ecc.. threath people.. Its like people forget that behind screen it can be some1 that not like it and getting sad.. Not happening to me but seen it so many time.. people write terrible stuff to others... Im a person that like to help people and be nice to them even if its just a game ^^ Wow is a game and I play it for fun , it should be fun to play it.. not just to be terrible to other people..
    So enjoy the game instedd

Quote Originally Posted by Michellin85 View Post
    I enjoy my gametime by trolling occasionaly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something that I find annoying is this trade chat sometimes.. People can be so damn mean to other couse its a game so you can write anything about anyone.. That I ment to be rude ecc.. threath people.. Its like people forget that behind screen it can be some1 that not like it and getting sad.. Not happening to me but seen it so many time.. people write terrible stuff to others... Im a person that like to help people and be nice to them even if its just a game ^^ Wow is a game and I play it for fun , it should be fun to play it.. not just to be terrible to other people..
    Im a person who gets sexually aroused when inflicting pain to others.

Deleted
    hehe yeah trolling can be fun ^^ But ment more these stuff about a persons privacy ecc, really mean stuff ^^ maybe you know what I mean, cant write it down so it sounds good lol

hehe yeah trolling can be fun ^^ But ment more these stuff about a persons privacy ecc, really mean stuff ^^ maybe you know what I mean, cant write it down so it sounds good lol
    As people are intertwined with each other, there's always a chance that things will break down a friendship and the two start hating on eachother.
    This is often a reason that two people are flaming in trade.

I dont think it is that they forget that there is a person behind the screen. Some people are just nasty, malevolent and hating. In real life, acting so can end up with them having to deal with that person later in their lives (e.g. you meet your girldfriends father and its the old man you yelled at the other day), being punched in the face etc. In the game they just get away with it with no consecuences. The sad part is that many of them look educated and caring in RL but they are just acting and their true nature comes out with the anonimity internet provides.

While not a particulary offensive thing, for example, while i was killing a quest mob, a druid did faerie fire on it and looted the surroinding quest items (i was cleaning the area from the npc before to get them too) while i killed it, then came and looted the quest npc just when it died as fast as he could. Sure, nothing important or too ofensive, but i doubt he dares to act like that in RL. Acting with that kind of attitude and morals in RL, driving, in his job or just anything will get him punched in the face sooner than later or at least get him in more trouble than it is worth. One thing that i find particulary funny is people treating others like trash for not being geared enough or not having raid progress, i wonder if they aply that elitism and exigences to themselves in RL, they must have studies and be really neat proffesionally.
    Last edited by exdeath202; 2012-12-29 at 02:35 PM.

People are just egoistic. If you can do something without getting punished, a lot will do so. Majority is still nice.
    I've met a lot of people from chats and such during my long, geeky life, and met many that has threatned me with beating me up, killing me and generally hating.
    Not a single one have even started an argument when we met IRL. I've even pushed several of them, by telling them off, or asking them if they were going to beat me up.
    And no. I'm not a big guy(in good shape though), so they haven't been intimidated by my size.. Several of them have been bigger than me. They just don't pull that crap IRL, since there's even the RISK that the little guy/girl might strike them down with a bitchslap, while on the internet it's impossible.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    I enjoy my gametime by trolling occasionaly.
    Trolling is soo 2010

10+ Year Old Account
    To a Greater extent the problem is in how the game is designed.

For Example, Raiding loot, 25 ppl 4 items or so, And random loot at that, sometimes weeks months go by and you get the same crap.

Other games exist now where everyone gets loot, there is no loot drama, Example Guild wars 2.

When mining herbing etc, Its a free for all in wow and its clones, Only one person gets it the first person to it, Griefers come out.

Going back to GW2 again, Everyone can loot every node, Everyone Can gather.

Auction Scams, Gold Seller transactions And Gold theft via AH.
    Once when i played wow Hackers got into my acc, sold my stuff made 800g in bc, And bought beef jerky on the AH for 800g.

The only way they could do this is by buying the beef jerky with their name next to it.
    The GW2 Auctionhouse Has no names in it, And all the items of a same item are put into stacks, This AH also is Cross server.

There is next to no reason To Bitch at ppl to Grief ppl or ruin the day.
    And its because the Design of the game of wow is to foster hatred and War between factions , but ends up doing it within the factions as well.

GW2 Was built to foster team play and Group server and guild cooperation.

Imo a better idea.