High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

LFR loot system suggestion (duplicate items)

Let me begin by saying that I actually don't mind the new loot system, nor did I mind the old system. This is merely a suggestion and I was interested in your feedback. Also, I have no idea if anything like this has been suggested in the past so let me know if it has.

If one were to receive an item that they already possess (either equipped or in their inventory/bank), would it be plausible to allow said person to return the item for an additional roll? This would be a one-time option per boss and the roll could return the same item, a new item, or gold. Again, this option would only become available if one were to receive an item that they already have.

Keep in mind, I am in no way a game developer nor do I know anything about code so I have no idea how hard something like this would be to implement. I'm just curious as to what you all think.

Thank you very much for your input!

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'd like an additional roll, I wouldn't mind the ability to make a duplicate item trade-able between the participating raid members, I hate seeing people complain of having multiple items and complain a little myself, other people may deserve it more.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    As much as I'd like an additional roll, I wouldn't mind the ability to make a duplicate item trade-able between the participating raid members, I hate seeing people complain of having multiple items and complain a little myself, other people may deserve it more.
    I would actually like to see this as well, though Blizzard has already said that they would like to shy away from allowing trading of loot as it encourages begging/drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    In DS LFR there were a few times I needed on a DW weapon and promptly traded it to someone who asked nicely or needed it more than I did and wasn't a moron, so I'd even like to see the option to gift an item to someone in exchange for an extra roll that will not be that item. Now obviously you wouldn't want to link what you won in raid chat unless you're giving it away.

One limitation there would need to be is tokens for hybrids - if you as a warrior get a second LFR headtoken, or as a Paladin get a 3rd, or a Druid get a 4th (lol), tough noogies, use it for offspec instead, because that item actually has a use for you aside from mainspec, and this is coming from someone who has gotten 2 Prot hats off Sha and no weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I think any change to the LFR loot system will make gear too easy to acquire. Which is saying something considering how easy it already is to get gear from LFR.