Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Someone is scared his LFR epics might be gone! Get mad bro honestly. This was never about me wanting to be special that is a casual sided point that is always brought up. Making epics/mounts/quests harder to get/complete will make the actual reward wayyyyy more sweeter. These instant epics,mounts,titles,pets, and other rewards have no meaning. Cool another mount, Awesome another title. They mean nothing without a little effort.
    Your problem is that you're equating effort to grinding. Grinding is not effort. It's just grinding. That's all Vanilla WoW was...grinding. Grinding for profs, grinding for gold, grinding for mounts, grinding for reps, grinding dungeons and raids for gear. Grind, grind, grind. That's not fun or challenging. That's dumb and boring. You're just one of those people that want to look cooler than everyone else and pretend to be a better player because you can dedicate more hours into the game than what they can. Time played=/=skill or epicness. Back in Vanilla and BC, it was about who could play the game for hours on end and basically allow the game to become their life. The game should never cater to those kind of people. Because only a small percentage of people could come even remotely close to doing that. And that's leaving out a huge portion of the population in the game design then. Retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Refer to the sig.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Now it's 'spend time playing the game' rather than 'sit in Trade for two hours, spend a half hour getting to the entrance to H Sethekk, wait on someone to meet you at the stone because the other three are too lazy to head there, and head back to Shattrath or Ironforge to spam Trade when the group falls apart because nobody will meet you at the stone.'

I meet new people to add to my BattleTag friends list all the time in LFG groups, because I take time to talk between pulls. Nothing stops you from building a friends list just like the old days.
    So much this. I will never understand why people think that the old way of finding groups was in any way superior to now. It may not be as "community oriented" now, but it's a hell of a lot better for actual gaming time instead of sitting and twiddling your thumbs time.

Totally agree brother. They need to stop handing out epics that took you 5 mins of AFKing in LFR to get. I want:

LFR removed.

LFG removed.

Dungeon/raid attunments back.

Crafting gear from raids costing more and increasing their usefulness.

No more heroic modes! Every boss is hard as it is presented with.

More single boss raids.

Taking away LFR and LFG will really bring the community back I think. Shit I know it will when things become hard again they become cool again. It took you 2 weeks to get that epic? Nice! it now means something.
    Lets see. So you want Blizzard to remove the content you don't do or don't care about, while leaving in the content that you do and do care about. Sounds like a good way for them to quickly lose a large % of their player base. Protip: Do the things you like and let other people do the things they like, the stuff that has absolutely 0 effect on your play experience.

lol your proving my point. If it is neither challenging or engaging why do people fight for it to stay? TO GRIND FREE EPICS WITH TARDS?
    You are obviously one of those people that want to lord over the players who you deem are under you and be the special little snowflake that you are trying so hard to prove that you're not. You want everyone to play the game the way you do and like it or gtfo. Hate to burst your bubble bud, but you're one subscriber in a sea of millions. Even the people who think like you are to small of a demographic for blizzard to really even care about. Plus, you DO have challenge available. It's called heroic modes. If you don't like LFR and think its dumb, then don't bother messing with it. Do your heroic modes and leave other people alone. Why are you so intent on trying to force everyone to think and play the way you do? Trying to be the next Adolf Hitler?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    So much this. I will never understand why people think that the old way of finding groups was in any way superior to now. It may not be as "community oriented" now, but it's a hell of a lot better for actual gaming time instead of sitting and twiddling your thumbs time.
    They either played on highly populated servers or are just delusional. Back on my medium-pop server, getting a heroic group (as tank + healer with my buddy, mind you) was excruciatingly painful.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    I don't feel anything nostalgic about the last three expansions so get at me. People remember what they remember nothing alters their memories especially in a video game with fantasy dragons and stories.
    Biological memory is far from perfect. It gets altered all the time, bits are lost, new pieces are added and not always in the right place. The older a memory gets, the more the data is corrupted. Everything alters memories. Do not trust your memory.

The further you are from a certain event, the more unlikely it becomes that you're still able to recall it correctly, but even recent events might be remembered incorrectly. It's even possible for people to vividly remember events they couldn't have personally witnessed. Including events that happened before they were born.

If it happened more than a few years ago, you better have it in writing from back then, or i'm just going to ignore your recollection because the error rate is way to high for it to be useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Ghostcrawler has completely lost touch on the playerbase, and I'm sick and tired of him telling me what's fun.

Ask Mages if we like our class. 99 out of 100 will say they're bored/disliking it.
    The relatively small and predominantly hardcore group that regularly posts on forums =/= the community as a whole.

The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of players are in favor of LFR and LFD because it enables them to experience content they wouldn't normally be able to see and advance their character beyond heroic dungeons.

Simply put, Blizzard has to cater to casuals because casuals give them the money they use to make content for the rest of us.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

News flash - Raiders that are actually clearing heroic modes before nerfs are perfectly fine with LFR and understand its place as an easy version of the raid that everyone can get a chance to see.

The current raiding tier is as close to a console easy/normal/hard as possible in an MMO. Were you upset that someone beat <insert console game here> on easy while you did it on very hard? Did them beating it on easy cause you to have less fun playing on very hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    News flash - Raiders that are actually clearing heroic modes before nerfs are perfectly fine with LFR and understand its place as an easy version of the raid that everyone can get a chance to see.

The current raiding tier is as close to a console easy/normal/hard as possible in an MMO. Were you upset that someone beat <insert console game here> on easy while you did it on very hard? Did them beating it on easy cause you to have less fun playing on very hard?
    Good analogy. I think that's a very good way of looking at it. Something I think a few people in here are failing to grasp.

How does it affect you if others, who simply CANNOT play more than a few hours a week, have access to an easier mode and gear with purple font? It doesnt. Get over yourselves and youre e-peens, IMO.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post
    How does it affect you if others, who simply CANNOT play more than a few hours a week, have access to an easier mode and gear with purple font? It doesnt. Get over yourselves and youre e-peens, IMO.
    Cheers ^_^.

Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post
    Obviously, every time one of those real-lifers wins an epic, a guy comes out of his closet and kicks him in the balls. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because it can be fun, you get to see the content that was designed, with some gear as a little sweetner. It is not intended to be challenging content.

Again, this is a 'game', not a second job.
    I think you mean to say 40% of the actual total content designed. Because everything in LFR is dumbed down to incredible levels, you aren't actually seeing what real raiders are seeing. Thus defeating the entire given purpose of LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I think you mean to say 40% of the actual total content designed. Because everything in LFR is dumbed down to incredible levels, you aren't actually seeing what real raiders are seeing. Thus defeating the entire given purpose of LFR.
    Yet, they are seeing more than they could see without the LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Of course the encounters are dumbed down. Do you think a group of 25 random people would even come close to killing a heroic mode boss? It's intentionally designed this way.

It's more about seeing the instance and the bosses while also improving your gear beyond 5 man heroic gear. Thanks to LFR a lot of people got to see Deathwing who normally never would have had the opportunity.

10+ Year Old Account
    It kind of does. I never see casuals running streams on twitch or talking with the community. Don't come in a thread and bash people like you are 12 years old. Making this game difficult will make people flock back to it.
    Link your armory or you're full of shit.

Mine is right there in my sig, go on click it and see my kill dates. Those mean I actually have an opinion when it comes to discussing heroic content because I've experienced it.

Now prove to me that you're not some 12 year old thinking he is hilarious by pretending hes good. Then we might have a real conversation, until then its just you making up shit.

OMG everyone look! A bad ass cata raider he must be super good!

If you think LFR is good for WoW you have to be brain dead.
    If you think your opinion is the only one around, you're brain dead.

Seriously, what other players have/don't have in the game is none of your concern. The color of the text on an item doesn't matter at all, ever. Time spent playing this game does not entitle you to any sort of award or recognition.

It's all about the effort you put forth into obtaining what you have. If you spend hours and hours doing something, but can't be arsed to put effort into doing it, you're just going to make yourself look stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is challenging and engaging content?
    No, but it doesn't reward the best items, so it don't has to be. T1/T2/ZG(minus Jin'do)/T4(minus Mag) weren't challenging and/or engaging content either.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Totally agree brother. They need to stop handing out epics that took you 5 mins of AFKing in LFR to get. I want:

LFR removed.

LFG removed.

Dungeon/raid attunments back.

Crafting gear from raids costing more and increasing their usefulness.

No more heroic modes! Every boss is hard as it is presented with.

More single boss raids.

Taking away LFR and LFG will really bring the community back I think. Shit I know it will when things become hard again they become cool again. It took you 2 weeks to get that epic? Nice! it now means something.

Hates the game so much he wants to destroy it^^^^^

The stuff you want back is the stuff that will ensure raiding gets removed as an end game option.

EJL