Poll: Do we deserve a compensation for not being able to play today?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The concept is as simple as a service was paid for, it is not being recieved, and customers would like to be compensated for it.

No one is going to raid blizzard HQ, gag Greg Street with someone's underwear that they've been wearing for a week and beat him like a pinata with a baseball bat if blizzard doesn't give everyone a day of game time.

Internet pepole.

Argue anything and everything. Make something not so significant look more concerning than it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    And if that's the case, how is Blizzard responsible?
    Exactly, how are they responsible for something outside their company? They aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    People have been saying this since WoW was release... there will NEVER be any compensation for downtime. Hell it's only been 1 day so far.
    They have compensated in the past. It depends what the source of the issue is. If it is, legitimately, an issue on their side with their servers being down, they will. I got 4 days compensation on launch week, cause I started on a server that was part of the cluster Tichondrius-US is on, and the massive influx of PvP players there crashed like a dozen servers for up to 4 days.

If you cannot connect, contact your internet service provider, and speak with tech support. They can do more to test what the issue might be, and see if it is an issue at Blizzard's end, or if it is failing somewhere before Blizzard.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    No, it was a problem outside of Blizzards control apparently, I think most reasonable people understand that these things happen and considering it was outside of Blizz's control, reasonable people will chalk it up to a one off.. again..

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    The concept is as simple as a service was paid for, it is not being recieved, and customers would like to be compensated for it.

No one is going to raid blizzard HQ, gag Greg Street with someone's underwear that they've been wearing for a week and beat him like a pinata with a baseball bat if blizzard doesn't give everyone a day of game time.

Internet pepole.

Argue anything and everything. Make something not so significant look more concerning than it actually is.
    So you pay for your cell phones service...if a storm knocks the towers over and you are without service for a few days, do you call and constantly complain wanting compensation for something that is out of the control of the company? I doubt it. it is no different here.

Quote Originally Posted by koimagheul View Post
    usually, they do not.
    1) I don't remember such a widescale incapacity on wow since...
    2) I haven't had a free day since 28/05/2009 though there have been several days I couldn't play wow because of servers malfunction.
    Okay, define "days".... you mean the 4-6 hours you had set aside to play, or legitimately 18+ hours of the day it was inaccessible (and NOT a patch or expansion release day)?
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

I wonder if people create threads asking if we should pay more whenever we have just server restarts instead of regular maintenance downtime.

Sigh one can tell people did not read the terms of service. People just did agree to it so blindly. Now you got time to read it and you will see why you will not get a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Except nowhere in the Terms of Service does it state the service will be running 100% of the time. It's an impossible request to expect that. Additionally, while it may not be the customer's fault, if it isn't Blizzard's fault either (see: ISP, the people providing you with internet access), they are not required to compensate you for something that isn't on their hands either.
    It does not matter if the problem is with Blizzard or their ISP, Blizzard are responsible for providing a service to their customers and for compensating them should the need arise.

If company A is unable to provide a service to its customers due a fault with company B. A cannot tell its customers that B is responsible for compensating them as the customers, the normal course of action is that A compensates its customers then pursues B for its own compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    So that $.50 worth of play time needs compensated? Do you all ask for compensation from EVERY source you pay service fees for and the service is down for technical issues?

Really sad what the player base of this game as come down to, constant complaints, and feeling that blizzard owes you something, andf if they don't give you want you want, incoming "blizzard doesn't care" and "I am canceling my sub!"..

Sad really.

And like was said above, no where does it say you are assured game time 100% of the time...problems happen. Get over it and stop complaing about $.50. Go outside or something.
    When a company compensates a customer often the monetary amount involved is of little concern, it is the acknowledgment that there was problem that is of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It does not matter if the problem is with Blizzard or their ISP, Blizzard are responsible for providing a service to their customers and for compensating them should the need arise.

If company A is unable to provide a service to its customers due a fault with company B. A cannot tell its customers that B is responsible for compensating them as the customers, the normal course of action is that A compensates its customers then pursues B for its own compensation.

When a company compensates a customer often the monetary amount involved is of little concern, it is the acknowledgment that there was problem that is of value.
    Do you complain EVERY SINGLE time a company has technical issues that result in a loss of service? I doubt it. You can't play a game for a day or two and the world is all of a sudden ending and you now feel owed some sort of compensation becasue of something out of their control. I guess if your RL issues cause you to not be able to play then Blizzard owes you time for that as well since you paid for it but didn't use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post

Right... so, the next time the power gets knocked out by a hurricane, people should be compensated for all losses related to food and such (spoiled food from loss of refrigeration) from the power company, cause while a freak storm caused it, that isn't the responsible factor, but the power company is... RIGHT. What world do you live in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Except nowhere in the Terms of Service does it state the service will be running 100% of the time. It's an impossible request to expect that. Additionally, while it may not be the customer's fault, if it isn't Blizzard's fault either (see: ISP, the people providing you with internet access), they are not required to compensate you for something that isn't on their hands either.
    Though this is true they did give free days of play for servers being down up to the middle of Wrath (I think that's the last time i got a free day). The whole Dalaran debacle when Wrath went live, when 2.4 went live the game was fairly unplayable, and 3.1 was another free day or two. It isn't like it hasn't happened before.

As this wasnt Blizzards fault they arent entitled to give any compensation at all.

However they will probably do anyway.

EU servers now running - and if you are so poor you need the .15 eu compensation maybe you should not be playing this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, because they are greedy

A day of wow is $.50... I mean, come on.... Do you really feel that ripped off?

Deleted
    I don't think the money is the problem really.

If you people seriously think you should be rewarded every time you can't do something you want to do...

This world is in even more trouble than I thought.

What do you do when you're supposed to go somewhere or do something with a friend and they can't make it? Do you go to their house and demand a free meal or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by koimagheul View Post
    usually, they do not.
    1) I don't remember such a widescale incapacity on wow since...
    2) I haven't had a free day since 28/05/2009 though there have been several days I couldn't play wow because of servers malfunction.
    well appears my estimation of the last free day I received was fairly accurate.

It's all about customer service though. If your service is interrupted because of something out of your customer's control then they should be compensated. Giving one day free to 10,000,000 customers is $5,000,000 of profit lost. I'm sure that Blizzard is making enough to afford that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    A day of wow is $.50... I mean, come on.... Do you really feel that ripped off?
    Clearly, Blizzard should introduce an hourly rate system instead: Billed for the time played. The first month would have people in OUTRAGE of how much they are charged, claiming "I wasn't doing anything in-game! I was just chatting with friends" and such. They'd BEG for the monthly fee back again. They don't realize how good it is right now, in all truth.

$15 a month (or whatever the conversion is for the rest of the world) is nothing for the potential of 720 HOURS of entertainment (that is assuming 30 days of 100% uninterrupted player).

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    If you people seriously think you should be rewarded every time you can't do something you want to do...

This world is in even more trouble than I thought.

What do you do when you're supposed to go somewhere or do something with a friend and they can't make it? Do you go to their house and demand a free meal or something?
    Good call! I like the analogy. Make plans a friend that they are taking you out, at their own expense, they cancel due to whatever reason, do you demand to be compensated for that? Or do the rules change when it isn't a company involved?