Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    he got in touch with someone from the best buy geek squad ... That the motherboard is looking for 12.2 V power and the Corsair outputs 12.1 V power.
    Geek Squad should have been the first red flag.
    The issue was that I didn't put the motherboard separator screws in.
    If it makes you feel any better, one of the first computers I built from parts I ordered on my own (Good ol Blue. Celeron 800), I did the same thing. Ended up shipping the motherboard back on my dime, only to have it returned.

Sometimes it kind of gets assumed, and that particular issue can be a number of things. It's almost the exact same symptom of not plugging in the 12v that was mentioned earlier, which my friend whom just built a computer a couple weeks ago had the same issue.

To be honest, I have seen this a LOT with hobbyists building computers (I worked in tech repair for a decade+), and I've never actually seen a motherboard get damaged from it (unless it was DOA from the start before the riser problem was introduced). I'm not saying it can't happen, but if that was the issue, more often than not you just fix the issue and good to go.

LOL so funny because when I saw this thread the other day I was going to ask if you had forgotten to put in the risers, which is what we call them. Sorry bout that, I think I must have gotten busy at work and stepped away.

I have to agree with chazus, if it seems to be working correctly don't waste money on a new board. See if you run into issues before replacing it.

Whenever a rep from a company tells you that you should "buy a new one", take it with a grain of salt. They could be covering their asses against any minute amount of liability, or just plain trying to get you to spend more money on their products.