Dry lips, need some advice

Hello there fellow MMO-ers

I live in Norway, where it is pretty cold right now and i have a mayor problem.

Since i work in sales i want to look proper, i normally wear a suit at work and a shirt/suit pants at school.

anywho, its nice to have good clothing but when your lips look like you have scraped them on asphalt it kind of blows the hole style, heh.

i use lip balm but i feel like a drug addict, if i dont use it for one day, they are back, i also have a bad habit of biting on them so i start to tear of skin and bleed some to, wich again beats the hole "im a salesman and need to look good" thing.

Thanks in advance.

Chapped, dry lips are a pain to be sure.
    1) Stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
    2) Use lip balm to prevent moisture loss. There's a reason you should have a stick with you at all times.
    3) Do NOT lick or wet your lips. You may find temporary relief but all it does is cause MORE drying through evaporation.

Lip balm in the long term will just make the problem worse.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    Chapped, dry lips are a pain to be sure.
    1) Stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
    2) Use lip balm to prevent moisture loss. There's a reason you should have a stick with you at all times.
    3) Do NOT lick or wet your lips. You may find temporary relief but all it does is cause MORE drying through evaporation.
    This says it simply but correctly.

I spent the first ... oh, 25 years of my life with chronically dry lips. Chapstick (stick form lip balms?), Carmex (lip balm in a very small jar of some kind), whatever, it was all super temporary and very very unpleasant. I've since begun drinking a lot more water, which helps somethings, but not enough to make a significant difference for my lips.

I live in Arizona, USA, to give you an idea of the climate I'm working with here (wasn't much better on my lips when I lived on the more humid East Coast, though).

What helps me more than anything else is applying something thick before bed. Some people use Vaseline, some people use a very rich lip balm, I've used rich lip balms as well as some higher end lip glosses (well, I have them, they're convenient! only clear ones for overnight) - in the end, something with a thicker texture rather than thinner. My lips feel and look good in the morning, but once I'm up I'll need to either keep a stick of lip balm on me, or a small container of what I use for overnight whenever my lips get that dry feeling. If I keep it up over a few days, there's a dramatic difference in how my lips feel. Of course you'll still have some of the thicker dry patches of skin until they wear/flake off, but if you keep them from getting dry they shouldn't be very noticeable. If you keep at them with lighter lip balms afterward, they should at least be prevented from getting out of hand again. If in doubt, apply something thicker overnight every few days, or once a week.

Also - pay attention to the kind of lip balms you're using, and how your lips feel as they're wearing off. If your lips are feeling super sensitive and raw as soon as the lip balm is wearing off or right after eating, consider switching to a different kind. Not all lip balms are made equal - you don't even have to look at a different price point, just try a different brand.

well its a prob i know..what you do is try vaseline moisturizer which will not give you dry effect and you will not feel the dry. For biting and tearing the skin off i dont have a solution but i will say that try not to do it...u wont be able to do for one day two days or three days then you will be able to stop later.
    You can also use your tongue to make the lips wet..

I do drink plenty of water, because i am working out alot, and i need to keep my "balance" so hydration aint the problem, and yes i use lip balm but as been said before i cant use that all the time because it ruins your lips in the long term

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 07:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    I notice the vitamin section, and i belive that is my problem, i do not smoke, but i think i might need to have a higher intace of some vitamins, thanks alot for that link