Demo Lock might be the best FC for battleground

I have been running random BGs as a Demo lock and I must say..Between Dark Regen, Mortal Coil, a 300kSac Pac every 60 secs, Arch Veng, Unbound Will, Axe Toss, 25 percent healing debuf for your target Meta increasing armor to 50k, Unending Resolve, and a 50+k Magic shield, all while having Demonic Leap, Fear, and of course a well placed Teleport that you can use twice bc of Meta form. Is there a better FC? I feel slightly indistructbale bc it usually takes at least 3 ppl to get me down while I am picking them off one by one when I am alone..This is not a ego or bragging thread,,but truly a question of why arent there more

Havent done much RBG this season, but what I heard warriors are the best.

Imo locks can be pretty decent but if there is a warrior the warlock is better suited to damage and cc

Built an offset for this with pure resi, it is pretty awesome. As you described above there's some nice stuff to use for fc-ing
    I'm running with gosac and sacpact in combination with my voidy. Basically under pressure I pop shadow bulwark on my voidy, heal him with instant (glyphed) health funnel and pop sacpact for the most awesome shield. I sac the voidy at this point giving myself shadow bulwark through command demon. If push comes to shove I trigger it, then pop my battlemaster, followed by an instant imp (for blood pact) and battle standard. You health will be through the roof. Trigger dark regeneration + health stone for insane healing (hell even ur drain life is awesome now).

Also when fcing you can actually make good use of burning rush for those quick caps

I just hotkeyed my gear sets so that when I have to dps, all I have to do is switch gear and pet and I'm ready to rumble. Would love to hear some tips n tricks from other locks who are doing this.

Staalie (from my iPhone, so spelling/schmelling)
    Read the signature rules

You guys tried glyph of demon hunting yet? I'm tanking heroics with it

here we go again

Yeah but try that in rbgs and you will get blown up so fast you wouldn't realise what hit you

It's still a fun viable tactic in bgs for some huehuehue but overall not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Yeah but try that in rbgs and you will get blown up so fast you wouldn't realise what hit you

It's still a fun viable tactic in bgs for some huehuehue but overall not that great.
    With Glyph of Demon Hunting, my Wartlock has way better stats (hp/armor) than my deathknight in blood presence at the same gear level. Not to mention the 80k absorb shields than can be used back to back and all the other defensive cd's. Demonic leap and teleport are just the icing on the cake. Try holding the flag in ws on the roof and kick the enemys off the ledge with carrion swarm, priceless. I would take a well played WL flag carrier for my RBG group in a heartbeat.

I think some groups experimented with this at the start of the season, could actually be viable. The idea I think is that you run soul link + voidy that you park with your FC healer (pets desawn range is 100 yards I think) and then the healer can spam heal your pet to keep you alive while being outside CC range. Between portal, gateway and burning rush you can probably cross the map at the speed of a druid and for non-fc maps the lock can switch to destro and maybe switch a few gear pieces around. The reforge is more or less the same as for destro (go full mastery), though you would obviously gem full resi in every single socket. Could maybe use imp instead of void and make a macro to dispel your healer with him, in case they try to CC the healer while going for you.

Obviously, you glyph demon hunting and sit in that form.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a warlock, you can easily get more health then other tanks, bit of decent control, and good survivability. In an RBG, i would actually suggest a druid for toting the flag TO the base (They can't be stoped while running with the flag) and then have a prot warrior grab it. Demo Lock is also a decent alternative, assuming you are stacking resilience. Just need to be careful about leaving Meta form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    With Glyph of Demon Hunting, my Wartlock has way better stats (hp/armor) than my deathknight in blood presence at the same gear level. Not to mention the 80k absorb shields than can be used back to back and all the other defensive cd's. Demonic leap and teleport are just the icing on the cake. Try holding the flag in ws on the roof and kick the enemys off the ledge with carrion swarm, priceless. I would take a well played WL flag carrier for my RBG group in a heartbeat.
    Sure.... everything can carry flags at 1.5k >.<
    Also, you'll get stunned/silenced/feared/etc so much that you'll run out of demonic fury insanely fast if you are using ward...
    Without fury you can't leap, you can't teleport, you can't knock back, no new wards.

Not to mention, while you have more armor, and you are still a lot squishier then a real tank. The only thing you have over a real tank, is mobility, mobility you can't use when constantly under attack.

The best carrier is the one with the goblin kite.

I'm not sure if they nerfed that yet.

I use a feral guardian in my group. He runs faster than people on mounts + he is worgen for darkflight. Basicly our tactic is to leave our rogue and hunter defending our flag, feral stealths and grab flag, then we hold their entire team there just keeping them there using boomkins, destro locks and frost mages (Solarbeam, mass death grip, ursol vortex with RoF around it)

I also shadowfury them once the DK grips them all. We then have solarbeam and UV put on it, then mage PoM RoF around that, we also throw all blankets on healers whenever we can. We don't try to land a kill, we just keep the enemy busy.

Usually the enemy FC comes alone to flag, meaning our rogue and hunter rips him to shreds while our feral FC runs over the map in 15 seconds (literally)

If he comes with a healer, they also kill the FC really fast as our hunter and rogue has insane synergy and are both multi r1 players.

I would not recommend a warlock FC for RBG as druid/warrior is a much better alternative within mobility and damage sustainment.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post

They did fix that a while ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post

No longer usable in rated play, but still amazing in normal bgs =P

It would be nice if we had the return if us tanking some encounters like we did in the past.