Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb MM HUNTER Reformulated * MY OPINION*

I believe Raidbots is a good site for checking DPS and stuff like that ( i can´t put the link here i don´t have enough posts to put links here)...

As u can see Hunter MM have THE WORST DPS between the other DPS's in the game, i think this spec should be reformulated like putting Rain of Arrows, some cool NUKES like some SPELLS like elemental arrow (example) this ability could take form of an element (Fire, Earth, Freezing, Air) some stuff like that ...
    And for an example Fire arrow could have a critical chance, earth would have root chance, freezing a slow, air could stag the enemy for 0.25 sec something like that in my opinion would be a lot Funnier

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Look on the upside. You had the best dps for most of the games life.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Look on the upside. You had the best dps for most of the games life.

WELL for a 3 spec DPS class it´s not good

Deleted
    doubt anytrhing like this will happen anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why MM Single sucks: No Piercing Shot on Arcane shot.

Why MM AoE sucks: No Piercing Shot on Multishot.

Why BM Single doesn't suck: Retarded burst damage.

Why BM AoE sucks: You aren't using a Chimaera/Worm, and if you are, good luck positioning it.

Why SV Single doesn't suck: Serpent Sting got overbuffed.

Why SV AoE doesn't suck: Serpent Sting got overbuffed.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Good post. Got me a smirk :3

To be honest, I am pretty happy with MM right now; it's much better than it was recently and my raid DPS is just fine. This is coming from a dedicated Survival Cata 8/8H hunter. MM was pretty good during the second tier in Cata, but became disastrous for the last tier.

I may be mistaken (taking a break from hardcore raiding), but aren't hunters getting buffed nicely in 5.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Frip View Post
    WELL for a 3 spec DPS class it´s not good
    well something has to be better

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post

Why BM AoE sucks: You aren't using a Chimaera/Worm, and if you are, good luck positioning it.

Sh! They will believe, nerf it and do nothing to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    well something has to be better

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 02:03 AM ----------

Sh! They will believe, nerf it and do nothing to compensate.
    SrS isn't overbuffed. It's fine where it is.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    SrS isn't overbuffed. It's fine where it is.
    don't quote me, I agree xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    don't quote me, I agree xD
    I was agreeing with you

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post

this is about right haha.

Right now I would say the easiest way to improve MM would be:

Make AiS instant 6 sec CD and you can keep master marksman procs to chain some every now and then.
    Add piercing shots to multi the way Surv has serpent spread, then both specs have a dot with multi.

Then you just have to buff damage on some abilities if its still too low. The AiS change is basically because you hardly ever use it unless its free so most of the time you are only using 2 shots that cost focus.

MM performs at the same levels as BM or SV, problem is the completely fucktard-design rotation that MM has.

I want Blizz to just get rid of AiS cast time and return it to Wrath level, it was far more fun back then...
    Also get rid of current Readiness and make it only reset Traps, Disengage, Scatter Shot, Deterrance and CC tier. Would help with the start of a fight where we just spam cooldowns for the first half a minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    MM performs at the same levels as BM or SV, problem is the completely fucktard-design rotation that MM has.

I want Blizz to just get rid of AiS cast time and return it to Wrath level, it was far more fun back then...
    Also get rid of current Readiness and make it only reset Traps, Disengage, Scatter Shot, Deterrance and CC tier. Would help with the start of a fight where we just spam cooldowns for the first half a minute.
    this would work and be fun

Definitely don't think MM should move, thematically, from physical damage to elemental damage. I like the idea of piercing shots, but I think it should last longer and we should be able to stack it high, like an ignite, and then.....set it off somewhere with some ability, like combust. It would add an element of skill to an already skilled spec, and I like the idea - continually piercing someone til they bleed real hard - and then....boom? Maybe make AiS scale based on the bleed, and only have certain abilities cause the bleed, and thus you have to basically "set up" the AiS.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Definitely don't think MM should move, thematically, from physical damage to elemental damage. I like the idea of piercing shots, but I think it should last longer and we should be able to stack it high, like an ignite, and then.....set it off somewhere with some ability, like combust. It would add an element of skill to an already skilled spec, and I like the idea - continually piercing someone til they bleed real hard - and then....boom? Maybe make AiS scale based on the bleed, and only have certain abilities cause the bleed, and thus you have to basically "set up" the AiS.

Yeah as i sad that´s just an example but HOW about Rain of Arrows be like Rain of Fire (Warlock) that would be good if they took it back and you can put rain of arrows doing a normal damage (less the multishot) like almost an arcane shot but 8k to 12k minus damage or something like that also givin a slow or maybe some overtime damage it would be fun like a PROC thing doing medium damage and slow and overtime thing

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 01:40 PM ----------

Or they can also put multishot as only an apply serpent sting and put rain of arrows as our primary nuke like ms is now...
    Last edited by Frip; 2012-12-30 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Error at some parts

I don't like volley, nor do I like fire-and-forget AoE, it's lazy. Volley is gone, and for good reason, it was awful. Rain of Fire is equally awful, just because it's still in the game doesn't make it good design.