Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    For me Planetside 2 is by far the game of the year, but could be because i like the MMO FPS style more than the 47653th MMO RPG, but i can see, why not many people would like that game sadly
    After I'm done with GW2 (hopefully lvl 80) Planetside2 is my next stop, that or Hawken.
    You have to keep in mind that these are titles are no less subjective than personal preference, it's just that there are more people saying gw2 is GOTY than people saying it's not.

All in all it was a good year for gaming, would have liked to see more mentions going to Spec Ops: The Line for it's fantastic story and narative, seeing as how The Walking dead got its share of awards. Also more for Farc cry3, a far cry from it's predecessor and a rather engaging game.

It seems GW2 is winning most of the GOTY awards and all things considered I think it’s a worthy winner. Really the only thing I don’t like about GW2 is the non-trinity dungeons which is a shame because the rest of the game is brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolit View Post
    It seems GW2 is winning most of the GOTY awards.
    Na its not really, but it has won a lot. Its quite spread out this year, what with walking dead, borderlands 2, dishonored and even mass effect 3 picking some up. I think any game that wins goty generally deserves it even GW2.

Ps Ive never heard of Zam.

Deleted
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...m_campaign=all

GW2 didn't even make top 5 in the Escapist's list.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...m_campaign=all

GW2 didn't even make top 5 in the Escapist's list.
    No mmo made that list, interesting. Not surprising to me though as I think mmos are pretty much terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Speaking of Angry Joe, he named Guild Wars 2 his Game of the Year in his top 10 list of 2012...

Well, yea, he gave it 9/10 as far as I'm concerned, and although the review was fun to watch, I don't agree with his opinion. That's the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Ps Ive never heard of Zam.
    You play WoW, correct? Surely you've heard of WoWhead and Tankspot, that's part of the ZAM Network.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    You play WoW, correct? Surely you've heard of WoWhead and Tankspot, that's part of the ZAM Network.
    cool, just never heard of it before, I have used wowhead and tankspot a lot never came across zam.

Zam was originally Allakhazam's Magical Realm. It was one of the first organized Everquest and MMORPG websites. Pre-2000s.

I weep for the children playing today's MMOs.

IMO, GW2 doesn't deserve a GOTY award.
    I played if tor almost 2 months, and after the first shiny "new kid on the block", I could see that, in the end, it's just another MMO like every other one around (including Wow).

The graphics are good, but they don't have any kind of personality for me. I played a bit of Rift in a friends account when it launched, and GW2 looked like just like it. The textures gave me the impression of being washed and everything being in a kind of grayish tone.
    I really, really like the animation tho, especially the movement ones. It gave a sense of weight to the character.
    Regarding gameplay, the PVE content is just a big, random and senseless mess. Thanks to the graphics, I couldn't distinguish between what was the boss and what was the player, and gameplay ended up being "hit a few times, get insta-killed, run back until the guy dies".
    I liked the swapping of weapons, but the skills ended up being just an auto attack spam. Click and forget.
    And of course, being a game with a cash shop makes the gamers life miserable. That goes from being fucking hard to get money, to everything costing an arm and a leg (including things from NPCs), to the traveling system eating a fuckton of money, and surely, the gear from the wolrd being unbelivably boring and plain, while the gear from the shop looked really cool.
    I can't rate PVP, because I played Ragnarok for almost 3 years, and no pvp has ever came close the beating the fun that was War of Emperium and the castle dungeons area.
    And I wish the non-tag enemies became a norm for all mmos.
    Last edited by ohshift; 2012-12-30 at 07:05 PM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Well, yea, he gave it 9/10 as far as I'm concerned, and although the review was fun to watch, I don't agree with his opinion. That's the point.
    I think he gave 10/10, was kinda out of place, specially he just mentioned the negative side of the game at the end, then bumm, 10/10
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*