Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Really they constantly contradict themselves.

They say thing like "What would you rather have "X" or more raid bosses."
    But if you use the same logic against them then the answer they will give you to the above question would be this: "It isn't the same group who does raid bosses and dance studio so it wouldn't matter."
    You're aware that different teams may do the coding and system integration of raid mechanics and dances but there is an art team that has to work on either bosses in raids or player skeletons to make new dances work? Just because there are different teams doesn't mean some of the work doesn't spill over.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Stop giving them money. It makes you feel better about them being a shitty company.
    Word is out. They've pushed to much bullshit and sold to much snake oil. I wanted to buy HoTS but I'd also just as well rather not give them money.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    By this logic the entire shaman community is arrogant.

Well I guess it's a small community often forgotten outside of the people who whine about resto in pvp, so whatever. Doesn't matter if he spits on them if noone else complains about it right?
    im sorry by what logic??? you are making no sense what so ever here you just straight out said "the entire shaman community is aggrogant" OF WHAT???
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    What about when you need to wait 9-12 months for shitty content that fails to meet even biggest fanboi's standards.

Despite blizzard's official statement that they plan to release less content in shorter time spans. When the waits were longer than ever and the content was abysmal in quantity and quality.
    Mists was released with a shorter time gap between the final tier of Cata and the Mists launch than the gap between the final tier of Wrath and the launch of Cata.

Cataclysm's first content patch was 4.1, released 2011-04-26, four months after Cata's launch. This patch contained one quest chain, no dailies, and two dungeon re-makes of old raids. Mists' first content patch was 5.1, released 2012-11-27, two months after Mists' launch. This patch contained several quest chains, several variations of dailies, multiple scenarios, additional pet battle content, a new faction and a handful of fully voiced cutscenes for each faction.

That is blatantly not "longer than ever," and the patch contains more content than Cata's 4.1 patch.

When did we have to wait 9-12 months for "shitty content?" We waited 9 months for Cataclysm after ICC launched, and T11 was arguably the best content Cataclysm had to offer over its entire run. We've never had to wait more than 9 months for content-- I challenge you to show me a time when we went more than 9 months without Blizzard adding some sort of content.

If you want to make an argument that I can respect, please get your facts straight, and learn to differentiate between facts and opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    im sorry by what logic??? you are making no sense what so ever here you just straight out said "the entire shaman community is aggrogant" OF WHAT???
    And this is proof you are defending what Ghostcrawler (and other) says without actually knowing what he says. This is called "fanboying".

And this is proof you are defending what Ghostcrawler (and other) says without actually knowing what he says. This is called "fanboying".
    oh fanboy lol. no im just confused about what the heck you are talking about lol

edit: you need to give me example before bashing people >_> geesh dont you know how to write up some arguement?? inb4 calling me a real fanboy lol
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2012-12-30 at 01:28 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by IdowhatIwant View Post
    Actiblizzard's standard excuse (and threat) that they cannot do X because then they could not do Y. Pertaining to all manner of things, and all games that they develop. They ham-fist the public an excuse that most accept without question.

I'm also tired of the general rude behavior of their blue posters when responding to community members that have issue with their decisions.

I can't be the only one that feels this way? I know people are going to badmouth me for saying something but... I'm just tired of it.
    You do realize things take time to develop and implement? Also they have multiple departments working together and on top of that they work on different games. The only game that releases good quality content at a good pace is Rift and that's because it is more modern and they only focus on that game, plus their systems for managing the game are newer compared to wow's where they can optimize it but to rebuild the whole thing would well take away wayyy to many resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You're aware that different teams may do the coding and system integration of raid mechanics and dances but there is an art team that has to work on either bosses in raids or player skeletons to make new dances work? Just because there are different teams doesn't mean some of the work doesn't spill over.
    You're aware blizzard has specific teams for each class which don't kknow the other classes abilities or DR or pretty much anything?

Deleted
    You can't possibly be this stupid, you claimed the entire shaman community is arrogant with no reason for it, this guy asked why the heck you'd say that, again, with no reason for it, and that turns him into a fanboy? The hell is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You're aware blizzard has specific teams for each class which don't kknow the other classes abilities or DR or pretty much anything?
    This is not true, as was already stated by GC on his twitter, every DEV contributes on every class, there's no DEVs just for a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because blizzard is full of two-faced, neckbeard losers... they only care about pretty dragons and bosses... PvE is cool n all... don't get me wrong, but you can't be a little kid and only work on one side of the game... PvP is so pathetically horrible... but what really makes me hate WoW and the entire dev team is due to the fact that you can't have a fully running game that is amazing when people on the dev team say bullshit like "If it's cool in PvE but messed up PvP, we're doing it!"... i expect bullcrap like that out of a pretentious kid, but not out of someone who I give money to so that they can balance WoW.

Like what others said earlier, if you don't like how the game is going, quit and take your money with you... I certainly feel like the game isn't worth a subscription fee, if you do too, cancel your account.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    It's because blizzard is full of two-faced, neckbeard losers... they only care about pretty dragons and bosses... PvE is cool n all... don't get me wrong, but you can't be a little kid and only work on one side of the game... PvP is so pathetically horrible... but what really makes me hate WoW and the entire dev team is due to the fact that you can't have a fully running game that is amazing when people on the dev team say bullshit like "If it's cool in PvE but messed up PvP, we're doing it!"... i expect bullcrap like that out of a pretentious kid, but not out of someone who I give money to so that they can balance WoW.

Like what others said earlier, if you don't like how the game is going, quit and take your money with you... I certainly feel like the game isn't worth a subscription fee, if you do too, cancel your account.
    That's odd I must have missed that blue post. Care to link it for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't a blue post, it was a video. And here is the type of people running your game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLLWpT_nsTE
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Wasn't a blue post, it was a video. And here is the type of people running your game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLLWpT_nsTE
    Oh you must have missed that little D3 icon in the right hand corner and the fact that it was Jay Wilson, you know the D3 lead, but that's ok you're excused.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Oh you must have missed that little D3 icon in the right hand corner and the fact that it was Jay Wilson, you know the D3 lead, but that's ok you're excused.
    He does specifically talk about Warcraft in that year-old video, but yeah, I can't find anything that says he's still employed as part of the Warcraft design team, purely D3. Not sure if relevant, crakerjack, but an interesting video nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Name some then. Please. Give me examples of much smaller companies that output far more content. While you do that, remember that Blizzard's games cover far more than WoW.
    On the risk of getting flamed.....how about Trion?

(1) They have four games currently released or in production ..... Rift, Defiance, End of Nations and Warface. Of these, Defiance might be interesting it is the first time that a MMO and a television series (by the same name, on SyFy) are joined. From what I've read events on the TV show will influence the game and vise-versa. While Defiance is not my preferred genre I am very interested in seeing how this plays out.

(2) The amount of content that Trion pumps out for Rift is truly staggering. Given that the game was released 1 Mar 2011 the first expansion pack was released on 13Nov2012, and prior to this expansion Trion released 11 content patches in those 20 months. Checkhere for a list of additions in the patches. The short list would be:
    1. multiple 20-man and 10-man raids. THese raids are in totally different settings, thus we don't have different settings of the same raid.
    2. the addition of a new zone (Ember Isle), geared to "well-geared max level toons".
    3. several modifications to PvP, sadly just like wow their pvp is still unbalanced.
    4. new pvp model -- three faction large-area "world" pvp. Think old school AV, but with three teams
    5. many enhancements and modifications to the game
    The expansion was huge, a summary of the changes are here. It should be noted that one thing that was added in the expansion is dimensions (which are totally customizable player and guild housing. WOW players have been asking that for how long now?). Some good examples of dimensions are here.
    Finally, take a look at this thread(especially post 16) for some videos of Rift gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    I've heard them brought up a lot in this particular argument, but I can't really speak for its quality, personally, because their games have never interested me.

However, assuming their content is decent quality and enjoyable, they do a great job serving as an example to other companies.
    That all said, they are not the norm.

Sigh, I see Methanar is still here. I admit to getting a little frustrated when I try to make a counterpoint in the argument and it gets ignored only to have them pop up later to say "YEAH, THIS" to someone who agrees with them. Oh well.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2012-12-30 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

(1) They have four games currently released or in production ..... Rift, Defiance, End of Nations and Warface. Of these, Defiance might be interesting it is the first time that a MMO and a television series (by the same name, on SyFy) are joined. From what I've read events on the TV show will influence the game and vise-versa. While Defiance is not my preferred genre I am very interested in seeing how this plays out.

(2) The amount of content that Trion pumps out for Rift is truly staggering. Given that the game was released 1 Mar 2011 the first expansion pack was released on 13Nov2012, and prior to this expansion Trion released 11 content patches in those 20 months. Checkhere for a list of additions in the patches. The short list would be:
    1. multiple 20-man and 10-man raids. THese raids are in totally different settings, thus we don't have different settings of the same raid.
    2. the addition of a new zone (Ember Isle), geared to "well-geared max level toons".
    3. several modifications to PvP, sadly just like wow their pvp is still unbalanced.
    4. new pvp model -- three faction large-area "world" pvp. Think old school AV, but with three teams
    The expansion was huge, a summary of the changes are here. It should be noted that one thing that was added in the expansion is dimensions (which are totally customizable player and guild housing. WOW players have been asking that for how long now?). Some good examples of dimensions are here.
    Finally, take a look at this thread(especially post 16) for some videos of Rift gameplay.
    I wish I dropped wow during firelands and picked up that game.

I'd be so much happier with my decision.

Actiblizzard's standard excuse (and threat) that they cannot do X because then they could not do Y. Pertaining to all manner of things, and all games that they develop. They ham-fist the public an excuse that most accept without question.

I'm also tired of the general rude behavior of their blue posters when responding to community members that have issue with their decisions.

I can't be the only one that feels this way? I know people are going to badmouth me for saying something but... I'm just tired of it.
    Blizzard always seems to be making the logical design choice at the time that it happens. When Wrath came out, the made the logical choice of making the game far more accessible. Cata fixed the problems with the old world and completed much of the unfinished business there (Hyjal, Uldum, Twilight Highlands, etc). Every expansion creates a new problem while solving an old one. I currently love this endgame model for MOP. I disliked running only 5 mans for gear and have no other progression. I liked dailies in BC with the different hubs and rewards but thought dailies were done poorly in Wrath and Cata and were pointless because of the tabard system (with the argent tourney and firelands being the only real hubs). So now we got good dailies grinds again. The 5 man grind maybe takes you into each dungeon 2 or 3 times before you are able to get into Mogu'shan Vaults. Then you run that raid for awhile until you get some drops and more valor items. Then you get access to the other raids where you can farm for tier pieces and weapons and work on the legendary quest line. I got my sha-touched weapon with the legendary gem, but I've had terrible luck with drops since then but that's because only a few bosses have things I need at this point. So I am working all my daily grinds to exalted to complete those story lines so I have a clean slate in 5.2.

I am incredibly happy with the direction this game is going because I can finally participate in all the content without having to do guild BS. Sure, I often read about the raid designs of Vanilla and BC because things like raid stacking and class composition were really interesting to me but ultimately, those models are incompatible with the human nature and depth like that is better designed for a single player game or an MMO where you control a party of 5 and other players have their own parties.

The blues know what they are talking about. The things that people complain about are often ridicules. Some loud people actually want the dailies gone and want to go back to the Wrath/Cata model, which was horrible and boring for me. I liked tiered progression too and I like that old raids will not be made obsolete (thanks to LFR) and I liked how the Shado-Pan and Celestials were locked behind the Lotus so you had to progress your path with the Pandaren by first securing the vale before running off and joining the Shado-Pan or entertaining their Celestials at the ends of the continent. The level 88, 89, and 90 zones were made to have long term relevant solo content to pursue, while the other zones got cooking, fishing, and mount rep grinds. There is always something to work towards.

The CRZ idea was what they needed to do to populate the world so new players wouldn't leave because the world was empty. They are making mostly all the right decisions. There main mistake I feel was Galleon but that's getting fixed next patch.

They have addressed legitimate problems such as rep grinds with alts through commendations. Once you get a commendation, you can level an alt and take him through the Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes and complete them and supposedly you get them both to revered by questing. The other concern was how big the Lotus area was, so they nerfed the amount of mobs needed to kill in 5.1 and made their newer hub only 5 quests a day and not take long.

People who think the blues are rude, are just not understanding the game design philosophy. Especially when people are making the same game break ridicules arguments over and over!

No, but I am tired of posts like yours that smack of a jaded perspective.

Vanilla had 12 content patches in the same amount of time and I would venture to say that Blizzard was around the same size if not smaller than Trion at that time. Here is the sad truth about MMOs and the stuff that comes out between launch and the first expansion. Pretty much all of the patches and the first expansion content were developed alongside the 1.0 launch and possibly was content that was supposed to go live but was not ready in time. Look at old Blizzcon footage and you will see most of the patches and TBC stuffs was slated for launch and level 60. Trion is no different. Now if they keep up this pace then you can look to Blizz and say WTF man.

Blizzard added 5 raids and the three winged Dire Maul 5 man, Battlegrounds, The entire Silithus zone and its PvP and raids, Cross real BGs, and modifications to its PvP. They are doing the same stuff Blizz did and got no credit for back then.
    Last edited by Beefhammer; 2012-12-30 at 04:13 AM.