Poll: Do we deserve a compensation for not being able to play today?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Login Servers down, compensation needed?

As the login servers have been down for most of today, do you guys agree that there is some compensation needed?
    After all we paid for a service that is not given to us.

My proposal: Give us +1 days of gametime. I'm curious to hear your opinions/proposals.

Yes, it always has before, it likely will now. /endthread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    No clue what you're talking about, I am playing right now and have been for the past couple hours.

Deleted
    Depends on if they actually think its their fault

No

It's not the login servers anyhow, and as far as has been said, it's not a Blizzard issue but an issue with one or more service providers.

Edit: I don't expect any compensation (nor am I particularly upset @ Blizz for the downtime) but of course I'd hardly complain if one was given :P
    Last edited by Perryn; 2012-12-29 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind, sounds like an EU problem lol

but you'll probably recieve a free day of game time

Deleted
    Why are the only possible answers "Yes" and "Hell no"?
    I wouldn't have anything against it of course but it's really nothing that would be necessary in any way.

Deleted
    They always give us a free day when stuff like this happens. It's not even possible in the slightest that they wouldn't.

Needed? No. Appreciated? Sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit. You experience a minor inconvenience and think you are entitled to compensation? I love it when people actually think first world problems are actually important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I would say that it has now got to point that Blizzard should be looking at some form compensation. Personally I would prefer an in game item, such as a boost to a faction's rep or something that provides an exp boost, to a free day.

Be honest. Would any of you even notice a free day? I know that for me a tenner is just taken out of my account every month by blizzard - doubt i'd notice if it was a day later.

So, how much of it are you sure is based on Blizzard's servers, and not an ISP in your area/region of the world?

Rogers, a major Canadian ISP for the eastern side of the country, had twice done network updates across their service area, that rendered WoW unplayable (20,000+ ms latency the moment you login, provided you could login... rest of the internet ran fine), lasting over 8hrs each time before they did anything to fix it. And it was twice within a year's time. Despite impacting tens if not hundreds of thousands of users, Blizzard didn't offer compensation, because it wasn't their fault.

Make sure the issue is with Blizzard and not your ISP, before asking to be compensated.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    All the people saying "Lol stop bitching"....We have paid for this service and we are not receiving it....Therefore, like with any company, we should be liable for compensation considering the product we are paying for has been down, for no fault of the customers own.

It may not be Blizzards fault, but its most certainly not the paying customers fault.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    So, how much of it are you sure is based on Blizzard's servers, and not an ISP in your area/region of the world?

Rogers, a major Canadian ISP for the eastern side of the country, had twice done network updates across their service area, that rendered WoW unplayable (20,000+ ms latency the moment you login, provided you could login... rest of the internet ran fine), lasting over 8hrs each time before they did anything to fix it. And it was twice within a year's time. Despite impacting tens if not hundreds of thousands of users, Blizzard didn't offer compensation, because it wasn't their fault.

Make sure the issue is with Blizzard and not your ISP, before asking to be compensated.
    Its BLIZZARDS ISP...Not anyone elses....Do you read front page at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Recklol View Post
    All the people saying "Lol stop bitching"....We have paid for this service and we are not receiving it....Therefore, like with any company, we should be liable for compensation considering the product we are paying for has been down, for no fault of the customers own.

It may not be Blizzards fault, but its most certainly not the paying customers fault.
    Except nowhere in the Terms of Service does it state the service will be running 100% of the time. It's an impossible request to expect that. Additionally, while it may not be the customer's fault, if it isn't Blizzard's fault either (see: ISP, the people providing you with internet access), they are not required to compensate you for something that isn't on their hands either.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

So that $.50 worth of play time needs compensated? Do you all ask for compensation from EVERY source you pay service fees for and the service is down for technical issues?

Really sad what the player base of this game as come down to, constant complaints, and feeling that blizzard owes you something, andf if they don't give you want you want, incoming "blizzard doesn't care" and "I am canceling my sub!"..

Sad really.

And like was said above, no where does it say you are assured game time 100% of the time...problems happen. Get over it and stop complaing about $.50. Go outside or something.

Deleted
    People have been saying this since WoW was release... there will NEVER be any compensation for downtime. Hell it's only been 1 day so far.

Deleted
    No. And to everyone who disagreed:

Stop being a spoiled, self-centered brat who thinks he is entitled to everything, just because his parents pay 12 euro per month to keep you off the streets.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    People have been saying this since WoW was release... there will NEVER be any compensation for downtime. Hell it's only been 1 day so far.
    We actually received a number of compensations in the past. Sometimes maybe even without your knowledge.
    Check your Battle.net account status to see if this applies to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    They always give us a free day when stuff like this happens. It's not even possible in the slightest that they wouldn't.
    usually, they do not.
    1) I don't remember such a widescale incapacity on wow since...
    2) I haven't had a free day since 28/05/2009 though there have been several days I couldn't play wow because of servers malfunction.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recklol View Post
    Its BLIZZARDS ISP...Not anyone elses....Do you read front page at all?
    And if that's the case, how is Blizzard responsible?