what is currently the best pve race for WW

I'm wondering right now what is the best race for pve at the moment

Before I answer, you'll want to know that "What's the best race/class" threads are generally closed no matter how valid the question may be. Also there's been quite a few of these "what's the best race" questions in this subforum is you search for them.

That said, these are essentially your options for tier 14 if you just want a clear-cut bonus without knowing what main weapons will be available for tier 15.

For Alliance, Draenei gives 1% hit free and Pandaren gives +300agi (with food) free.
    For Horde, Orc gives a temporary 4514 attack power (~2000 agi) for 15 seconds every 2 minutes and 1% expertise with fistweapons/axes (Claws of Shekzeer/Gara'kal), Troll's racial mostly gives more white hits, Undead gives ~1-2% more DPS because of their racial and WotF may be useful on Empress.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by pmgbro View Post
    I'm wondering right now what is the best race for pve at the moment
    simcraft is using troll for its BiS profile for WW

Quote Originally Posted by dar3652 View Post
    simcraft is using troll for its BiS profile for WW
    thanks for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll is probably best, but orc is good runner up. In addition to the things thewindwalker said, command might provide xuen with an additional 2% damage.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-12-30 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Troll is probably best, but orc is good runner up. In addition to the things thewindwalker said, command might provide xuen with an additional 2% damage.
    Xeun is considered a guardian and therefore does not benefit from command. I wish blizzard would make it an actual pet for the duration so it would (and so I could control wtf it attacks).

Deleted
    I'd say there are 3 races or so for each faction that I'd consider beneficial in terms of racials. Some of them have already been mentioned in the thread and I'd like to add the Pandaren race to it since the double food buff is really nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    I'd say there are 3 races or so for each faction that I'd consider beneficial in terms of racials. Some of them have already been mentioned in the thread and I'd like to add the Pandaren race to it since the double food buff is really nice.
    Precisely what I was going to say. There are naysayers who complain about losing the food buff if you die.... except you really shouldn't be dying and therefore I don't perceive that as a valid argument

Deleted
    For alliance i consider Pandaren top. You shouldn't be dying anyway so it's a flat 300 agility increase. The other races don't really have anything on that for alliance.

For Horde i'd personally go with orc because you can line BF really nicely with FoF/RSK with 10 stacks of brew. Troll probably works well on paper but in practice the berserking just doesnt "feel" as good as the exp and blood fury.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Before I answer, you'll want to know that "What's the best race/class" threads are generally closed no matter how valid the question may be. Also there's been quite a few of these "what's the best race" questions in this subforum is you search for them.

That said, these are essentially your options for tier 14 if you just want a clear-cut bonus without knowing what main weapons will be available for tier 15.

For Alliance, Draenei gives 1% hit free and Pandaren gives +300agi (with food) free.
    For Horde, Orc gives a temporary 4514 attack power (~2000 agi) for 15 seconds every 2 minutes and 1% expertise with fistweapons/axes (Claws of Shekzeer/Gara'kal), Troll's racial mostly gives more white hits, Undead gives ~1-2% more DPS because of their racial and WotF may be useful on Empress.
    Blood Elf also gives an additional chi every time you use arcane torrent. Not a huge difference, but still worth mentioning

Troll's racial mostly gives more white hits
    Berzerking increases energy generation as well, being a haste proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zymn View Post
    Berzerking increases energy generation as well, being a haste proc.
    Which means very little most of the time. Most people don't run an "energy starved build" so it's really shouldn't be a noticeable boost unless you're going for 4k haste. I'd really like to see what information was fed to the simcraft sessions that showed Troll beating Orc.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Which means very little most of the time. Most people don't run an "energy starved build" so it's really shouldn't be a noticeable boost unless you're going for 4k haste. I'd really like to see what information was fed to the simcraft sessions that showed Troll beating Orc.
    I can see extremely perfect gameplay pulling Troll ahead slightly - via syncing Berserking with Xuen (Xuen screenshotting stats, and thus causing his attacks to hit faster) and perhaps TeB/potion. However, my ingame results showed such a slight difference between Troll and Pandaren that I decided that having the static 300 agility (which is nearly a full extra JC gem) was much more desirable than managing another CD (being an engineer with an on-use haste trinket, I try to eliminate as many on-use abilities as possible unless they grant more agility - just preference).

I can see Orc being stronger than Pandaren, but I haven't really tested it. I personally feel that either of the three races (for Horde monks) ought to be perfectly competitive.