Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Enlightement Buff

This may seem like a silly question but I am new to the monk. Is it worth the time to level once the "Enlightenment" buff wears off? (BrM lvling via dungeons)

Deleted
    It sure is, unless you want to get to Level 90 with the least amount of /played time displayed.

In other words: "Some XP" is better than "No XP" on your way to 90.

The amount of experience needed to level has dropped since Cataclysm was released and as of Pandaria the 80-85 trek has been reduced by at least 33%. Essentially, you're not losing anything on continuing to level at a "normal pace" as you certainly won't run out of quests to do in any zone. (Esspecially in Cata-specific zones with the new exp requirements, as I was able to hit 82 before getting even halfway through Hyjal, 83 just stopping by Deepholme, 84 just doing most of the main questline of Uldum and barely had time to check out Twilight Highlands before I hit 85.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

The enlightment buff was implented since you have to level 1-90 compared to when DKs were introduced you started at 56, you should be speed leveling for that hour to get the full potential. And don't forget rest at an inn to help boost leveling.

Note to self: must get into the habit of completing daily enlightment quest once mastery changes in 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfskar View Post
    This may seem like a silly question but I am new to the monk. Is it worth the time to level once the "Enlightenment" buff wears off? (BrM lvling via dungeons)
    Best thing you can do if you want to maximize the buff is when you are at about 5-10 minutes left on it, port back do the daily or the Level 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80 quest so that it changes the buff from 5-10 minutes to 120 minutes.

Other than that, even without the buff you'll still level pretty quickly. It just all depends on how many other toons you play at the same time.

Deleted
    I only saw the buff as a bonus while I leveled, to get past 'grey' areas where it felt tedious.

Deleted
    For me the time the buff was the best is the 55-60 grind and then just chained it through 80-85 as it drops to 20% after that so is less of a benefit. That being said, if you are just instance leveling casually then yes the "easiest" way is to just get the buff and spam some instances. Entirely depends on why you are leveling and the type of game experience you are looking for.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    The enlightment buff was implented since you have to level 1-90 compared to when DKs were introduced you started at 56, you should be speed leveling for that hour to get the full potential. And don't forget rest at an inn to help boost leveling.

Note to self: must get into the habit of completing daily enlightment quest once mastery changes in 5.2

What change in 5.2 are you talking about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfskar View Post
    What change in 5.2 are you talking about?
    Mastery will increase the damage per stack from your Tigerseye Brew in 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Best thing you can do if you want to maximize the buff is when you are at about 5-10 minutes left on it, port back do the daily or the Level 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80 quest so that it changes the buff from 5-10 minutes to 120 minutes.
    I'm 100% certain they hotfixed it so it no longer gives you so much free time. I started a new monk in 5.1 and about 10-15 minutes later it's under an hour again.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I saved all my dailys for the 85-90 stretch. Course I did RAF so I went from 11 to 81 the first day MoP was out =P Getting through Cata was pretty easy plus you might want to look at the exp farming spot in Deepholm (just search for the thread) when you get to that point.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.