Decrease in FPS since 5.1

I used to be running solid 60+ in everything (LFR, BGs, etc) but I dropped down to about 35-45 unless I'm in a low populated part of the world. Any reason this could be happening? My build is in my sig and my addons have only been updated, I haven't added or removed any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Antixmother View Post
    I used to be running solid 60+ in everything (LFR, BGs, etc) but I dropped down to about 35-45 unless I'm in a low populated part of the world. Any reason this could be happening? My build is in my sig and my addons have only been updated, I haven't added or removed any of them.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but no one gets a solid 60 fps in wow during 25 man raids. You are mistaken.

Never noticed my drop, but thanks for the input?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but no one gets a solid 60 fps in wow during 25 man raids. You are mistaken.
    This statement was absolutely useless to the OP. Help with his inquiry or don't respond. Not everyone runs a P4, so you are mistaken.

Antixmother,

One thing I noticed during my years of playing WoW is that every time a new patch comes out, it is usually one of the addons installed that craps on the FPS. For me, for the longest time, it was always Recount. I would have to disable recount until an update for it came out. I know you said you've updated your addons, but were all of them updated for 5.1? A new patch would net me less than 30fps just standing around in SW. Disabling it brought it back to normal. Disable all addons and start enabling 2 or 3 at a time until you reach the culprit.
    Last edited by Lillax; 2012-12-27 at 02:29 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillax View Post
    This statement was absolutely useless to the OP. Help with his inquiry or don't respond. Not everyone runs a P4, so you are mistaken.

Antixmother,

One thing I noticed during my years of playing WoW is that every time a new patch comes out, it is usually one of the addons installed that craps on the FPS. For me, for the longest time, it was always Recount. I would have to disable recount until an update for it came out. I know you said you've updated your addons, but were all of them updated for 5.1? A new patch would net me less than 30fps just standing around in SW. Disabling it brought it back to normal. Disable all addons and start enabling 2 or 3 at a time until you reach the culprit.
    He was being very helpful. What OP is attempting to say - like most people with similiar setup. In fact, whenever I hear them say " 60 FPS in WoW all the time even in 25 man zone " Is that they got a " I5 2500k - 560 TI. Not to forget their ram 8GB. Sorry to break it into you. There's no way you ever had 60 FPS 24/7 in raiding enviorment. Even in PvP when it gets to intense it can drop.

Myself I run a i7 2700k OC to 5,0 GHZ at around 40-45c at Max load. (It's vinter atm so I manged to push the few extra MHZ without increasing temps.)

The 7970 flashes into a GHZ version.

8 GB of Ram

SSD as a primary drive.

Yet what I get when I'm in a main city is 30-45 Ish FPS. Similiar to OP. Just that my server is a bit more crowded than his.

Either way - My point being, his statement wasn't wrong, and not useless. There's not a single CPU that can run WoW at 60 FPS 24/7. None. All mop my FPS is at around 45 ISH - 50 ish.

Op your FPS is just fine. Nothing is wrong.

And no I'm not trolling, I'm not being an ass or anything. WoW just uses 2 cores, that's the problem..

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Antixmother View Post
    Never noticed my drop, but thanks for the input?
    Could you tell me where in the world you're at? Is it Pandaria? Because then it's totally normal, or are you checking your FPS in EK/KD.

Check your FPS also in BGs as BG and Raid are two different things. In particulary which BGs? 40man BGs? 10Man? 15?

Kezotar, nvidia runs wow better than AMD. On blackrock (the most populated horde server) i can sit in the middle of org with every setting at max and still maintain over 40 FPS. This is with a 2500k and a gtx 465. I ran a test against someone with a 6950 unlocked to a 6970 and he was in the low 30's for FPS, we have the exact same CPU and 8 gigs of ram. For this test we had all in game settings the same, all addons turned off, and set our camera distance to max. A 6970 is three tiers above a gtx 465 but in wow nvidia simply plays it better.

That being said, it is true that on ultra no PC in the world can maintain 60 FPS in every scenario in the game.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Kezotar, nvidia runs wow better than AMD. On blackrock (the most populated horde server) i can sit in the middle of org with every setting at max and still maintain over 40 FPS. This is with a 2500k and a gtx 465. I ran a test against someone with a 6950 unlocked to a 6970 and he was in the low 30's for FPS, we have the exact same CPU and 8 gigs of ram. For this test we had all in game settings the same, all addons turned off, and set our camera distance to max. A 6970 is three tiers above a gtx 465 but in wow nvidia simply plays it better.

That being said, it is true that on ultra no PC in the world can maintain 60 FPS in every scenario in the game.
    That is funny - Might be you forgot to delete your drivers my friend. I've got a GTX 480 next to me, and a GTX 560 TI, and a GTX 570 and not to forget 670. Yet, the FPS seems to be 5% +/-. Meaning absolutley no difference at all. In addition my GPU at WoW with maximum 1080p isn't even at 40% on my GPU usage.

The GPU isn't the bottleneck.

There's just NO way you can have 40+ FPS in orgrimmar. Well never been on blackrock but I've sure been on Stormscale. Are you sure you got multsampling at x8, everything maxed out? There's just no way. There's no PC that can be able to track over 1000 players in a city casting over 200 spells a second. Just no. I mean people sit at 30-40 FPS in 25 man where stuff can get intense, but here you claim, everything max and not a peak below 40 FPS. I get 40 FPS, but it drops sometimes to 30, even under 30.

In addition, my CPU is better than yours and clocked at a significant higher clock frequenzy. I can actually post results of it with all of my GPUs if you so please. The difference wont be there.

You said middle of orgrimmar, are you reffering to the top cliff at the zeppelin guys? I mean that's middle and then I could understand frames not dropping below 40. But standing in the triangle of the fron orgrimmar/ AH and bank.. Is just impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillax View Post

Antixmother,

Im not running a P4 and I can promise even Cy isn't pulling 60FPS and his PC is better hands down.

Updated does not mean functioning properly for addons

Check SSAO or ambient occlusion try on and off etc.

Check your drivers