Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So the new World Bosses are probably going to be a cluster fuck

http://www.wowhead.com/news=209462/5...the-storm-lord

The abilities for both of them are up.

The entire reason I say that is because, and no offense to the playerbase, the 40 people usually rounded up for a World Boss (I know World Bosses will be Faction Tapped once they're pulled so anyone can jump in) aren't the, well, brightest bunch.

On Sha of Anger people don't kill the MC'd, don't kill adds, don't use defensives for when they're hit by attacks, nor help stun, nor help CC, nor even heal, and you get the picture.

The new abilities on the bosses are..interesting..and I don't personally think a lot of people are going to be able to down them unless they have a level of competence.

Perfect example: Frill Blast from Oondasta, which does 800k damage to anyone standing within a 60 yard hemisphere of the blast.

And to be honest, Oondasta seems like the equivalent of Galleon, while Nalak is the equivalent to Sha of Anger.

On Nalak, Lightning Tether does a good amount of damage if the player is too far from the boss, and thus can kill themselves.

So what do you think? Will a lot of people not be able to handle these slightly more difficult World Bosses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I think you (and me too, tbh) grossly underestimate the player base. They'll figure it out!

Nobody cares about all that on Sha because it's faster to just heal through it and nuke the boss, generally - which is sortof crucial if you're on a PvP server and your faction is not very populated. On the other hand, mindcontrols on Vizier do get broken by these people you speak of in LFR, because if nobody would, that'd be a problem.

In short, sure, we'll have a lot of Elegonesque fail (what floor?) at first, but I'm sure people will manage!

I thought I read somewhere that they thought Galleon was too easy and too rare, so to fix this one of the new world bosses will be like sha of anger, up all the time (pretty much) and easily killed but most groups without too much hassle but the other boss will be less rare than galleon but still kind of rare but not killable by every group infact you actually needed a group communicating to some extent to get the kill done - like the older world bosses them being up was a kind of rare thing but they weren't simply downable by any 40 people.

Not too sure which boss will be under which category but one should be doable by anyone and the other will require a group with some communication
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Perfect example: Frill Blast from Oondasta, which does 800k damage to anyone standing within a 60 yard hemisphere of the blast.
    It's has a 2 second cast, and the damage is done to players standing IN FRONT of Oondasta. (Which I'm SURE will only be the tank.. who will use a Defensive cooldown, or move?).

These world bosses arent meant for people to simply walk up and kill. Just like Doom Lord Kazzak wasn't. Of course it's going to be a challenge for a handful of players, thats what makes it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I think you (and me too, tbh) grossly underestimate the player base. They'll figure it out!

Nobody cares about all that on Sha because it's faster to just heal through it and nuke the boss, generally - which is sortof crucial if you're on a PvP server and your faction is not very populated. On the other hand, mindcontrols on Vizier do get broken by these people you speak of in LFR, because if nobody would, that'd be a problem.

In short, sure, we'll have a lot of Elegonesque fail (what floor?) at first, but I'm sure people will manage!
    I have faith in the Player Base! Just..not a lot of them from what I've seen from personal experience .

Unfortunately I don't trust PUGs very often..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    And to be honest, Oondasta seems like the equivalent of Galleon, while Nalak is the equivalent to Sha of Anger.
    Sorry but Galleon is just as steamroll as sha. If not your realm must just be bad.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Sorry but Galleon is just as steamroll as sha. If not your realm must just be bad.
    I mean more-so in terms of difficulty I guess. I'd consider Galleon a smidge more difficult than Sha.

And no, I agree they're both faceroll.

This is good for the for game. They've dumbed down so much of the game already and given easier access that it ruins the overall player base. Their skill or putting in full effort just isn't as required in so many situations. They need something harder to straighten them out again.

Although what will probably happen is this same group of players will complain the bosses are too hard and they'll get nerfed.

Even if they would happen to be somewhat difficult isn't that infamous "faction tap" incoming where you can just zerg that shitty mob with your whole population and every person just poking it once ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly with that many players around, it's just going to be a zerg. Like the world bosses now, the mechanics are mostly just ignored and the boss is killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    Why would anyone cc / kill adds on sha if it's so much faster ( and easier ) to nuke baws hard?
    You just have to understand that sooner or later, such bosses become our punching bitch...

Galleon is already a cluster fuck lol so I can't see how these could possibly be worse. Sha not nearly as bad. The plus side is, you can bring 100 people to the boss from your faction instead of just 40.

I thought the same thing with some of the more difficult LFR bosses (garalon, will, amber-shaper) that required a bit of individual competency. It was shaky at the start, but people pulled through and now its common to easily down these bosses. I think people will adapt. A slight increase in individual requirements of pug-friendly bosses I believe to be a good thing, since it is making everyone slightly more responsible for their own actions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    both world bosses now are a joke, although i have only seen and killed galleon once since the xpac release....and the new bosses will be just as easy...also u make urself look like a jerk speaking poorly of the playerbase, who are u to be so self righteous as if you are above the majority of people that play this game?

Deleted
    That frontal cone attack that kills anyone in front of him sounds just like Galleon's frontal cone attack but with more damage, and I never see people die to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nalak looks like Azuregos mixed with Nightmare Dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe for you but my realm has a laison (chat room) between the 5 best guilds and we pick and choose from those. And make alt raids for those that missed them.

The group's I'm apart of are at least somewhat competent if slightly riddled with bad in jokes and every misc random 'bauble' item being fired off at once before the pull.

I think we'll manage, the only problem is we're at a disadvantage what with the alliance being slightly more top heavy than us. But we've managed to pull off some minor miracles since it's clear from observation their top guilds aren't doing any sort of cooperation to get the bosses. We once wiped them on galleon a mere 10% before it was going to die and then took it. Sweet victory.

If you cannot take incompetency. Seek out the best, or perform the leadership needed and take initiative. But don't moan about it if you're not putting forth any effort and you get stuck with derp-a-lot.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    both world bosses now are a joke, although i have only seen and killed galleon once since the xpac release....and the new bosses will be just as easy...also u make urself look like a jerk speaking poorly of the playerbase, who are u to be so self righteous as if you are above the majority of people that play this game?
    I'm glad your one and only experience with Galleon was a positive one, clearly you've never had to deal with bad tanks not picking up adds and scrub dpsers attacking flagged opposing faction members instead of the boss, in turn getting healers flagged (who then get picked off when more opposing faction show up), but a lot of us have dealt with it and the avoidable failure it causes. People like this have wasted our time, gold, and ruined our chances at downing world bosses because they do stupid crap like this all the time. Clearly you speak from naivety, we speak from experience. Yes, it's easy, cept when bad players make it difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Even if they would happen to be somewhat difficult isn't that infamous "faction tap" incoming where you can just zerg that shitty mob with your whole population and every person just poking it once ?
    just get like 10 raid groups together

everyone pops lust

boss dies in 10 seconds, gg.

The only ability between those two that gives me any pause to worry is the Spitfire Beam from Oondasta, which sounds like it will pretty much obliterate the majority of the people there, seeing as these world bosses won't be attacked by 40 people, they'll be attacked by 200 people.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I'm glad your one and only experience with Galleon was a positive one, clearly you've never had to deal with bad tanks not picking up adds and scrub dpsers attacking flagged opposing faction members instead of the boss, in turn getting healers flagged, but a lot of us have dealt with it and the avoidable failure it causes. People like this have wasted our time, gold, and ruined our chances at downing world bosses because they do stupid crap like this all the time. Clearly you speak from naivety, we speak from experience.
    Galleon seriously isn't that tough, speaking from a PvP realm, where we're ALWAYS flagged, and the realm population is equal on both Alliance and Horde. You make it sound like it's brutal or something.