Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Galleon seriously isn't that tough, speaking from a PvP realm, where we're ALWAYS flagged, and the realm population is equal on both Alliance and Horde. You make it sound like it's brutal or something.
    No, I never said it was brutal, Galleon is brain dead easy, which makes you wonder how on earth its possible to fail at it. But when half the mouthbreathers in your raid *stop* attacking the boss and adds (which aren't being tanked half the time) to go gank freshly rezzed Horde for god knows why, it fails, fast especially when the Horde start going after the healers. No one is calling into question the difficulty of the content, it's not. What was called into question was the attention span and capability of random wow players in a pug; on my server its non-existent and pug raiding is on par with herding gnats into a bottle. OPs server is clearly as bad, and yet the person Im replying to, and youeither don't seem to get the point of the complaint or are on a server where people can breathe and play wow at the same time w/o blacking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    No, I never said it was brutal, Galleon is brain dead easy, which makes you wonder how on earth its possible to fail at it. But when half the mouthbreathers in your raid *stop* attacking the boss and adds (which aren't being tanked half the time) to go gank freshly rezzed Horde for god knows why, it fails, fast especially when the Horde start going after the healers. No one is calling into question the difficulty of the content, it's not. What was called into question was the attention span and capability of random wow players in a pug; on my server its non-existent and pug raiding is on par with herding gnats into a bottle. OPs server is clearly as bad, and yet the person Im replying to, and youeither don't seem to get the point of the complaint or are on a server where people can breathe and play wow at the same time w/o blacking out.
    Well, if I may be entirely honest, it's probably more likely that on KJ the realm is just so chock full of people that when/if Galleon ever spawns, it's instantly swarmed by hundreds upon hundreds of people, and it doesn't matter who they're attacking or what they're doing, chances are everybody in the area, including Galleon, the Alliance, the Horde, and the server mainframe, are all going to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making them harder is a better idea than making them easier. If people can't do it at their current skill level, they'll have to get better. I think the way to go with world bosses is to make it very easy for you to get yourself killed, while making it hard for you to kill others. So any mistakes you make will result in your death, but won't necessarily mean your screw up gets anyone else killed. This also keeps jokers from deliberately screwing up your attempt.

Of course, you'll need enough people that can do the job properly, and that might make it difficult for some time, but every faction will get there eventually. I've done a Sha raid where there was only 28 and we pulled it off by having enough people who weren't just blindly mucking around.

One world boss like Sha of Anger to function as a VoA replacement along with another that is still up (nearly?) as often while requiring a much more organized group is probably one of the better solutions for the world bosses.

I don't think that rarity due to a long spawn timer should be a notable factor anymore in this time and age. It works in other RPGs but has many arguable problems when it comes to WoW. One of them is better blocked off by being challenging, without hopefully encouraging the stacking of 200 people.

with tag to faction, it makes the most sense to coordinate multiple raid groups to zerg it down: it gives you 1) a faster kill, and 2) numbers against the other faction. I doubt a group of 40 people will try to wipe a group of 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Galleon seriously isn't that tough, speaking from a PvP realm, where we're ALWAYS flagged, and the realm population is equal on both Alliance and Horde. You make it sound like it's brutal or something.
    From the other side of the same realm, Horde actually outnumbers Alliance now, and we've mostly given up trying on Galleon. >_<
    As far as I know, Alliance has never killed him on Kil'Jaden US.We're simply far less organized and at enough of a numbers disadvantage, and most are too discouraged to try at this point after the first few weeks of heavy Requiem camp.

Anyway, I think the world bosses are already a clusterfuck, but that doesn't mean they aren't easily killable, since Blizzard didn't implement anything to prevent runbacks.

Seems Oondasta will be a C'thun. I'd imagine on a pvp realm, enemies will jump in to add to the Spiritfire jumps.