Poll: If convicted, what do you think is the appropriate sentence?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    philosophically i am opposed to your view. some people just need to GTFO of this mortal plane imo.
    Well, for one, I believe this is the only plane, and generally I don't believe we as humanity could or should look ourselves in the mirror without being disgusted after condoning the execution of sick individuals. I don't really care how evil people think these murderers are, there is no such thing as real evil, there's just what we consider normal behaviour and then there's deviant behavior. The ones who are deviant are by definition not normal. There's something biologically wrong with them so you can't just kill them off for being different. Same how it's not considered justified to execute people who did bad things because of a tumor or because they were mentally retarded. Just because there's no obvious biological pointer for their "evil" doesn't mean it's not something in their brain that caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Quite harsh, you want to disrespect the dead by singing praise for there circumstances of death?

Perhaps they are terrible wretches of men, but you're going the right way to join them in there moral integrity.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 12:33 PM ----------

You seem to be cherry picking facts, quite astounding really - the U.S is not the most renowned war crime's country, it has committed shady act's in its history - as have others.

But you seem naive to the point of wishing death upon those for being accused...
    Let's not forget they did not give the two innocent victims a choice. Why do they deserve a choice? They took advantage of the law now it's time to show them their place. Maybe you should go back and read what they did in details, look at the picture, and beg differ if you feel remorse of such a despicable act

if it were me, id give them to the women in prison, let em have them. Or give the others a cloth incase they wanna save their country some money and let them hang themselves.

Problem is those people NEVER EXPECTED TO BE CAUGHT OR PUNISHED for rape and murder. Its time for things to change, and if you want things to change, sometimes it has to be taken into considerable measures

yes that is exactly what im saying. Im saying US has done some very very naughty things as well, just as bad as the rape case in India. so im not sure what you are trying to disagree with here.

read the comments below
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-delhi-g...023445604.html

most people feel the same. With such brutal acts, sometimes vengeance is the only way

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    It has nothing to do with a country.
    The people make up the country as well. The wrongfully were committed of their crimes, but what i was saying is that no country is perfect. Never said the country itself is completely corrupt

All in all, in some circumstance they should be able to live, but as what India is facing, there's no room, no money, no point as they will at least get beaten to death in prison
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2013-03-11 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post

There's something biologically wrong with them so you can't just kill them off for being different. Same how it's not considered justified to execute people who did bad things because of a tumor or because they were mentally retarded. Just because there's no obvious biological pointer for their "evil" doesn't mean it's not something in their brain that caused it.
    Are you one of those people who'd let yourself be killed if a guy slowly walked up to you, intending to murder you with a knife as you held a shotgun at him? If not, then you can not adhere to the absolute that killing is always wrong, and by the time you've made that concession then it becomes a cost vs benefit analysis. A lot of the time killing is just the cheaper option.

That example was just a succinct one, btw. There are plenty of more abstract examples of stuff that you can logically not support if you think that killing is always wrong, such as the police, or the military. Of course, those guys kill less people than would alternatively be killed... and so we see why killing sometimes is a good idea.

And I assure you, humanity is quite content to look itself in the mirror "without being disgusted after condoning the execution of sick individuals" - what would be disgusting would be the opposite.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Are you one of those people who'd let yourself be killed if a guy slowly walked up to you, intending to murder you with a knife as you held a shotgun at him?
    No.

If not, then you can not adhere to the absolute that killing is always wrong, and by the time you've made that concession then it becomes a cost vs benefit analysis. A lot of the time killing is just the cheaper option.
    I'm only for killing people when they're an immediate danger to other people. As for killing being the cheaper option... I don't think our moral standards would be worth sacrificing for 0.1% extra GDP you'd get by not housing those few extra prisoners. But again, that's dependent on whether you realize or not the fact that there is no such thing as free will and that "evil" individuals aren't evil by choice and that all that they do is predetermined by other factors and not chosen as an action by them. Although all of that is dependent on the assumption that you wouldn't want mentally retarded people executed for doing something like murder. Which is something it seems you would tolerate. I guess it's cheaper, huh?

That example was just a succinct one, btw. There are plenty of more abstract examples of stuff that you can logically not support if you think that killing is always wrong, such as the police, or the military.
    And when did I state that absolute? I'm talking about having a prisoner who's been apprehended sentenced to death even though they're not a threat to anyone.

And I assure you, humanity is quite content to look itself in the mirror "without being disgusted after condoning the execution of sick individuals" - what would be disgusting would be the opposite.
    That's just your opinion. And the opposite is just my opinion. However, please don't go on about how humanity is inherently evil. Misanthropy has become so cliche lately and I can honestly say it's beginning to irritate me.

Regardless of whether or not a victim may die from this type of assault, the perpetrators deserve to be tried for rape and murder (attempted if the victim survives, which is not the case here) rather than just rape.

Quick recap of what took place according to updated reports:

Woman and her companion were taunted and assaulted, both beaten with a metal pipe. The male companion was tied up and gagged while the woman was taken to the back of the bus and raped repeatedly by each of these assailants. According to an article I read, medical reports revealed that she was raped with the metal pipe as well.

The assailants than tried to run her over with the bus, possibly to hide evidence of what they had done and make it look like a death resulting from an accident.

So far, there is little to no evidence to suggest that there was anything wrong with them that would affect and/or impair their temporary or permanent skills of judgement, i.e. they were of sound judgement and completely aware of what they were doing and intended it.

Verbal and physical assault, rape, torture, murder (some would argue attempted but....really cmon...), and all of these done in the most gruesome way imaginable. The type of punishment these people really deserve would be classified as 'cruel and unusual punishment' by any legal standards.

Given that scenario, the punishment they most qualify for that falls within the confines of a civilized legal system is the death penalty without a doubt.