View Poll Results: Has wow lost its mmo feeling?

Voters
146. This poll is closed
  • Yes

76 52.05%
  • No

70 47.95%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I don't see how wow is loosing it's "mmo feeling" (lol), and tbh OP, your arguments are a bit illogical to say the least:
    -just because you can solo que LFR/LFD, that does not mean you do "everything solo"....cause there are 24 other people in raid with you putting effort into it (DUH!)
    -flying is there, but at least on high pop servers, I guarantee you there are lots of "bumps" between players. Don't trust me? Just check all the QQ threads about people not completing dailies cause of enemy attacks.
    -ofc you need summon....don't be ridiculous. You either said that out of ignorance, either you don't really raid...at all.
    -Guilds are more important than ever if you want to achieve something. But if all you do is LFR/LFD and a few rbgs / bgs for the weekly cap, than guilds are not important for you. But for serious raiders / pvpers, a guild is more than a NEED....it's a MUST.

Oh and regarding the "staying in the city to spam tradechat for invs"...I don't know where you play man, but come on stormscale and try to type something into tradechat. You won't even be able to see your text from all the other groups spamming their LFM's for raids / rbgs / achieves run...you name it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    I don't see how wow is loosing it's "mmo feeling" (lol), and tbh OP, your arguments are a bit illogical to say the least:
    -just because you can solo que LFR/LFD, that does not mean you do "everything solo"....cause there are 24 other people in raid with you putting effort into it (DUH!)
    -flying is there, but at least on high pop servers, I guarantee you there are lots of "bumps" between players. Don't trust me? Just check all the QQ threads about people not completing dailies cause of enemy attacks.
    -ofc you need summon....don't be ridiculous. You either said that out of ignorance, either you don't really raid...at all.
    -Guilds are more important than ever if you want to achieve something. But if all you do is LFR/LFD and a few rbgs / bgs for the weekly cap, than guilds are not important for you. But for serious raiders / pvpers, a guild is more than a NEED....it's a MUST.

Oh and regarding the "staying in the city to spam tradechat for invs"...I don't know where you play man, but come on stormscale and try to type something into tradechat. You won't even be able to see your text from all the other groups spamming their LFM's for raids / rbgs / achieves run...you name it.
    You have missed the point. By your own admission you can see all the content without a guild, something not possible before. Yes you need guilds to see higher level content but due to the lack of progression less and less people can be bothered. Blizzard are turning this into a single player game. Its no where near as good as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    it all stacks up. little thing here, little thing there.

i also believe name/race/server change contributed to the downfall of wow's social aspect and should never have been implemented.

that's what happens when they just give players shit they ask for without thinking about long-term consequences.
    We're never going to agree on this, obviously. To me, it sounds like an old man blaming emigration and legal name changing for increased crime within his own country.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see how it's lost a little of its MMO feeling. But in my opinion the thing WoW has lost more of is the RPG part. The classes and factions and races are all so homogenized now that any decisions you make literally do not matter anymore. The story and lore is completely ignored for the sake of gameplay. Huge mistake. Why do you think wrath was 10x better than cata? Story. It felt like what you were doing mattered in comparison. I'd love to have the RPG part back in the game. Because right now all wow is is a gear grind to get the shiniest purples. Rinse and repeat every patch.

Yes its lost alot of its social interaction. I barely know any from WOTLK, Cata compared to TBC. Back inn TBC and vanilla I knew tons off people...it was like a joke inn the end how I kinda knew everyone that was worth anything. I could recognize a player so fast.

Edit: To give a circa number, Id say I knew atleast 50-100 people rather good, and if I saw them around Id recognize them instantly (That number is people outside my own guild ofcourse), and then I had a loss idea off another 100-200 players. And I wasen't even on a big server by the time off TBC.

Now days I never interact with others kinda, cause I dont haft to (No 5 man farming etc)
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-12-30 at 08:43 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Here's just a few solutions that would make it a heck of a lot better in terms of MMO-ness in my eyes;

- Change LFD and LFR to be realm based only. In my opinion, LFD and LFR were the single biggest hit to the MMO aspect of WoW. Instead of having them spread out to the point you can do things with anyone at any point, make them realm based. This will solve problems two fold; 1) It will make your actions have consequences. If you're a jerk in a group, players will be able to find you and make you responsible for your actions. This will lead to less people hiding behind their anonymity because they're easily found. Act like a jerk too often and you'll just be met with group kicks over and over again. 2) It will help guilds and friendships. Need a few extra people in your guild to fill the ranks? Hop in a LFD or LFR and find someone. If they're a decent player, you can offer them a raid spot. Found someone in the LFD or LFR that you enjoyed playing with? Now you can play with them all the time because they're on your realm. Just toss them a friends request and off you go.

-Flying mounts. Frankly, remove them. They've added an insane amount of Flight paths to the game, so there's no excuse for not being able to get around. Every expansion they strip it from us anyway so we "See more of the content" so make that change permanent.

- Item scaling. It's time for the crunch, plain and simple. Once you have a level of gear, gear is no longer important. The change from 500 str to 510 str is hardly noticeable. Put the crunch in place and suddenly gear will matter again. This also leads to more creativity in mob design. Something we're seeing a lot of this expansion is mobs with massive attacks with cast times you have to move out of the way of. It's creative on one or two bosses, but not all of them. Having gear actually matter may make encounters more difficult. This would have the added benefit of players wanting to group to make things smoother or easier.

- Group quests. Put them back in the game. I remember a time where you had to actually grab a group of 3 or so to take down some world mobs. With CRZ there's no excuse of "There's no people in the zone" anymore. Making players actually play together would go a long way to reinstate that MMO feeling to the game.
    Uhm.... so, you are saying, that LFD and LFR should be realm based only at you first chapter....
    Aaaand in the last one your saying, that xrealm zones should bring back the decent group quests....

I am confused...