Deleted

Mage addon for Nether Tempest dotting.

Hello fellow players.

An addon that I have missed, or atleast not found, is an addon that makes it easier to dot up all targets around you. Not like Tidy Plates, where you have to select a target, but an addon wich displays all the mobs and the dots they have applied on them at the moment.
    I´m talking about an addon like the raid bars for healers, where they can just click on the name, and then heal them. An addon wich shows all the monsters name, just like the raid bars. So that you can just click on them and control the Nether Tempest dotting.
    Does anyone know of an addon that works like this? Or is there a chance that someone might create one?

Just an easier way to dot up all mobs around you to make it simple.

Excuse me if there is something that you might not understand. But I have tried to explain it as good as I can.

Have a great day / Liveet

Deleted
    Sounds like a too complicated feature you are looking for, not only would the addon need to be clean in taking mob bars from 1 mob up to like 30 incase of AoE. It would also need to know what mobs would have priority over others.

The addon would need to make use of DBM in order to work like you want it to work...and just so you know, Tidyplates shows all dots on all targets in range, you don't need to target them in order to see it.

Deleted
    Okeyokey. I guess that you are right, when you line it up like that

I know about that, but it might be hard sometime to tap between all the targets, since you often just target the target that you just put up the Nether Tempest on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you want a range / encounter based Grid add-on, that works with enemy health bars instead of player health bars. I don't think it exists.

Have you looked into DoTimer?

Looks like it isn't being supported at the moment, but NugRunning does pretty much the same thing.

You need to target the mob and DoT it before it shows up as a timer, though.

Unable to post links, but look them up on Curse.

Deleted
    ElvUi's Nameplates show debuffs on mobs not targeted if you dont want a full ui mod I'm pretty sure Tidy plates does the same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a question, why would you even need this functionality? I can't think of any circumstance where you would DoT more than 3 targets and thats easy to keep track of with just a little practice.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaster07 View Post
    Have you looked into DoTimer?

Looks like it isn't being supported at the moment, but NugRunning does pretty much the same thing.

You need to target the mob and DoT it before it shows up as a timer, though.

Unable to post links, but look them up on Curse.
    That is what I don´t want, I would not like to target them. Just click on some kind of "bar" or something.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Just a question, why would you even need this functionality? I can't think of any circumstance where you would DoT more than 3 targets and thats easy to keep track of with just a little practice.
    So you don´t think that you would put out more dps, if you dot up 15 targets, rather than just 3 and do the regular rotation?

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aspex View Post
    ElvUi's Nameplates show debuffs on mobs not targeted if you dont want a full ui mod I'm pretty sure Tidy plates does the same thing
    I guess that I could download ElvUi and take a look at it. Thank you for the tip!

10+ Year Old Account
    Scorchio2 is great for tracking dots.
    Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

Deleted
    Hey Liveet,

I've been looking for some sort of addon like that my self too, some time ago. All I found was the answer: Blizzard doesnt't want one addon like this to exist.
    You can track DoTs on mobs but don't display mobs health bars like healtbot does. What Blizzard integratet to its own interface are the small Boss Plates on the right side of the default UI. You could probably move it with some addon. But that's all there is.

Greets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    So you don´t think that you would put out more dps, if you dot up 15 targets, rather than just 3 and do the regular rotation?
    Well you won't be able to keep up a DoT on more than 12-13 targets before you have to refresh it for one thing. And unless the targets are too far apart for aoe you just use an aoe rotation once you get to 6+ targets.

Working out the rotation for multiple targets is a tricky thing but it's very unlikely just spending all your time refreshing DoT's is the best dps.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Well you won't be able to keep up a DoT on more than 12-13 targets before you have to refresh it for one thing. And unless the targets are too far apart for aoe you just use an aoe rotation once you get to 6+ targets.

Working out the rotation for multiple targets is a tricky thing but it's very unlikely just spending all your time refreshing DoT's is the best dps.
    That might be true. And you are right with the 12-13 targets thing. But as I said. It is even hard to dot up 6 targets that stand close to eachother because of the overlapping healthbars. I would like to try out, what actually is the best. If you dot up 12+ targets. Or if you just AoE them? Would be fun to see.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LI2Atronach View Post
    Hey Liveet,

I've been looking for some sort of addon like that my self too, some time ago. All I found was the answer: Blizzard doesnt't want one addon like this to exist.
    You can track DoTs on mobs but don't display mobs health bars like healtbot does. What Blizzard integratet to its own interface are the small Boss Plates on the right side of the default UI. You could probably move it with some addon. But that's all there is.

Greets
    Alright! I guess that Blizzard don´t wan´t us to dot up any easier than we already do. I´ll check out some nice Ui´s that might help me. Thanks for the answer though