Blink bug in Temple of jade serpent?

so just started lvling my mage today and first dungeon i do (testing rotation and all) i manage to blink through the stairs by wise mari and be under the temple http://imgur.com/6iA5b
    http://imgur.com/3APW0 is this a known bug? or am i just cool and discover things.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    so just started lvling my mage today and first dungeon i do (testing rotation and all) i manage to blink through the stairs by wise mari and be under the temple http://imgur.com/6iA5b
    http://imgur.com/3APW0 is this a known bug? or am i just cool and discover things.
    Its a known bug really.. and been around for a long time, but its not really a bug with blink.. rather a mistake in level design, where you have a very small gap bethween stairs..

Though its not happening as often anymore as it used to.. there are still few places that suffer from it.. Mainly Auction houses in SW

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss these bugs actually <3 Falling down through the world in the Trial of the Crusader and when blinknig out of the mine in Farshire in Borean Tundra.

at first my concern was seeing possible 5 mage CM zerging sha in like 2min gold times but then i remembered the mob count requirement

Blink is so full of bugs they just need to do an overhaul. Take Elegon for example, if you Blink on the platform you will be taken backwards to the the middle, no matter where you were when you did it. Blink through a doorway in Sof7S and you fall through the world. Blink directly before the stairwell before the elevator in Mogu'shan Palance and you'll be under the stairs. I've sent close to 20 tickets on the Elegon bug and nothing has been done, even though others are experiencing the same issue. Makes it a pain in the ass to get out of the platform in a pinch.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Shrine of Two Moons, there are blink spots on staircases that let you get under the world. You can mount and fly and everything, but certain areas will lead to you constantly disconnecting until you are above the world again.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Take Elegon for example, if you Blink on the platform you will be taken backwards to the the middle, no matter where you were when you did it.
    seriously, that so frustrating. even though i know about the bug, i would still use blink for various reasons coz its so engraved in my bones and get ported backwards. i nearly died last night when p3 started and i used blink to get to the the boss in the middle of the platform but got ported back near the wall and had to run through the lightingfields. also i had to switch spark position with WL (he has one in the front and i in the back coz i would barely get there in time without using blink).

next time i am at elegon i will just throw blink out of my castbars.

OP, how did you get a mage to level 85 and not find cool stuff like this with blink before?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obc View Post
    seriously, that so frustrating. even though i know about the bug, i would still use blink for various reasons coz its so engraved in my bones and get ported backwards. i nearly died last night when p3 started and i used blink to get to the the boss in the middle of the platform but got ported back near the wall and had to run through the lightingfields. also i had to switch spark position with WL (he has one in the front and i in the back coz i would barely get there in time without using blink).

It's stupid how this hasn't been fixed. I'm slowly getting used to not using but I also nearly missed killing my spark on a normal clear yesterday.

Using blink all the time is ingrained in most mages and while we can adapt to it takes quite a while to break such a long standing habit.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    OP, how did you get a mage to level 85 and not find cool stuff like this with blink before?
    the last time i remember a blink bug was in Deadmines normal and 5-6 years later i would have assumed most of these bugs were fixed

You can find this anywhere in the world where 2 polygons meet, if you look hard enough.

My favorite one that I can remember, was blinking though the mountain outside of Ironforge, jumping down to some ledge, then using slow fall to drift onto the top of the Ironforge bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed the elegon bug as well in lfr, but when I got rid of glyph of momentum forever ago I have yet to notice the bug ever again. Check your glyphs and lmk if you still have the problem. I had forgotten about it forever until I saw it posted here. I think it's the glyph bugging but I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by royals View Post
    I noticed the elegon bug as well in lfr, but when I got rid of glyph of momentum forever ago I have yet to notice the bug ever again. Check your glyphs and lmk if you still have the problem. I had forgotten about it forever until I saw it posted here. I think it's the glyph bugging but I could be mistaken.
    It must be the glyph (or something else), I've never had any issues blinking on the platform.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obc View Post

it IS glyph of momentum, something about how the transparent platform is coded, makes blink reverse axis, so even glyph of momentum works , but it will ALWAYS take you in exactly the opposite direction you were moving in

if you can deny muscle memory , use glyph, if not, remove it for Elegon fight , but i'm at a point where i can always remember to walk backwards if i wanna blink forward, and the reverse of that, depending where i wanna end up to , quite fun actually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It must be the glyph (or something else), I've never had any issues blinking on the platform.
    I don't know how you could be not using the glyph. It was the best thing added for mages in mop. Beside its not like we're short on minor glyph spots...

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmiSc View Post
    it IS glyph of momentum, something about how the transparent platform is coded, makes blink reverse axis, so even glyph of momentum works , but it will ALWAYS take you in exactly the opposite direction you were moving in

if you can deny muscle memory , use glyph, if not, remove it for Elegon fight , but i'm at a point where i can always remember to walk backwards if i wanna blink forward, and the reverse of that, depending where i wanna end up to , quite fun actually
    Very useful info. It should be next to the bug info on the wow forums.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

I always manage to blink under the stairs in Shrine of Two Moons. Pretty fun actually :]

Deleted
    Since I began to play my mage, Blink has always been bugged.
    With MoP, most of them have been resolved. There's still some bug but mostly due to environment bug.
    And in most of the case, when you're under the map, you just have to jump to bring you back.

I'm noticing glitches much more so in MoP than before. Seems I can blink under just about any set of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Deleted
    Yep, but you are not bounce back by it. It need some work to blink under, intentionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blink has been broken since Vanilla. It will always send us to random spots where you will have to get summoned out or Teleport Out. I have a screenshot of a blink bug leaving Freya's room in Ulduar and it sent me down to Yogg's Brain room. That was one of my favorites. I can't post links yet, but once I can, i'll try to get it in here!