Poll: Why do you use the LFR?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sigils of wisdom. The quest drop from the Sha because the last wisdom dropped off of normal Sha. Valor cap. Gear for an alt that I'm keeping in the wings as insurance against possible nerfs to the main raiding toon.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    To gear up and see the content. I don't have a set schedule with work, it gets chaotic, and this doesn't allow normal raiding since I can't ever guarantee that I'll be free on for X hours on Y evening. Being an adult sucks. :'(

wheres the to test spec/gear/changes? i find lfr is much better use than test dummies in city, get all the different buffs, debuffs, movement, e.t.c., its also a good use to teach/tryout new players.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    To gear up and see the content. I don't have a set schedule with work, it gets chaotic, and this doesn't allow normal raiding since I can't ever guarantee that I'll be free on for X hours on Y evening. Being an adult sucks. :'(
    amen, i hear ya brother!... i'm lucky that i do get to usually have 3rd shift off on either Friday or Saturday every week and i'm a gm of a guild blessed with amazing friends that put up with a weird raid schedule of 9 server alternating Fridays/Saturdays.

LFR feels more like a job rather then enjoyable when it comes to gearing up. I know personally I only did LFR until I had the bare minimum to raid since its not enjoyable and people tend to just troll/act like idiots on purpose. It was great when you could get blood spirits from LFR gear but they fixed that way too quickly

Deleted
    I kinda like it, sometimes. And im still trying to get tier pieces/weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do LFR to gear alts and cap VPs on my main. That's about it.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Getting gear and seeing content. The eternal rep grinds and LFG-mental abuse isn't worth raiding on the serious difficulty levels.

Getting sigils when I needed them
    Getting upgrades when I needed them
    But now, now I use it to get VP up when I'm bored of dungeons & scenarios.

-Grim

I play on dead server, so LFR is pretty much the only way for me to see the insides of the raids. And it's something to do, which sure as hell beats sitting on my thumb spamming trade.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

I use lfr to gear myself up to better my performance in normal mode raids at first. When I have the gear I need for dps, I start running as a healer or tank or off spec gear. It's also useful for gathering sigils, and 90 valor for the first run of each is nice for filling out this darn 6k valor point quest.

I don't care for the lfr community, but most runs I do manage to get through the instance.

Gearing up (especially offspecs), learning fights (especially for a tank offspec), and most of all valor capping.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I do it mainly to see the content. Don't get wrong, I won't pass up a nice juicy upgrade, but when I join LFR it's primarily for the want to slay some bosses as opposed to getting some purples.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    I do it ONLY for the valor points, but that option is missing in your poll.
    I would say that's counts as "gearing up"

I do LFR mainly on my alts to help them gear up as they don't have a normal/heroic raid to attend.

1. Valor
    2. Gear / earn set bonus from tier
    4. See bosses my team hasn't cleared yet and get familiar with fight que's without the punishing blows

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    I do it ONLY for the valor points, but that option is missing in your poll.
    ^^ This
    At start of expansion i could use items ofc, but now i cant use anything even my offspec gear is better

It seems to me that every thread about LFR comes to the same small set of conclusions. (1) Lots of people like it. (2) RNG is a bitch. (3) We do it for gear and to see content. (4) It is here to stay.

I have 3 kids and I am unable to raid traditionally. LFR for me is a way to stay in practice until my youngest is in school (the other two are) and I can raid while they are in school.

I guess it is subjective I have had nothing but decent raid finder runs. I think the hardest night I had was garalon when he was first introduced to raid finder and then it was only 5 or 6 wipes before he went down. If I had been in some of these really bad runs I keep hearing about I would be a lot more jaded about it. I ran it mainly to get my 4 piece set bonus and valor.
    tl;dr Is just another way of saying I am about to troll

Deleted
    Valor cap and sometimes gear upgrades.